Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will handover my membership

• won't follow the Dons again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there an explanation for Rich slipping so far in Burgatron's latest draft?
I don't understand why we wouldn't, and why the next few teams wouldn't take the highest rated midfielder of the draft who has been locked in the top 3 all year until this week.

I never mentioned rich in that post you quoted. I do believe we need some KKP's but we are also lacking a star in the midfield. Rich may or may not fill that need, and that goes for Hurley as well in his position.

No, but you stated you wanted him in your prior post. And by referring to a gauranteed mid at no 5, it was clear who you were referring to. Anyhow, whilst I quoted you, I said "alot of people", It was not meant to single you out personally.

I would prefer to see how the midfield rotation goes this year without interuption with full seasons from Houli, lonergan, reimers, jetta and the like. Keeping in mind we already have gained Primsall for the purpose of the midfield also. I think we have a lot of midfield prospects, but everyone wants a superstar. IMO, its not saying you are wrong or right.

Is there an explanation for Rich slipping so far in Burgatron's latest draft?
I don't understand why we wouldn't, and why the next few teams wouldn't take the highest rated midfielder of the draft who has been locked in the top 3 all year until this week.

Teams will take what they deem most neccessary. For example, Carlton do not need another gun midfielder as much as they need defenders or forwards. If things go as our recruiters planned from previous drafts, our need for mids may not be as pressing as some might believe.

Teams will take what they deem most neccessary. For example, Carlton do not need another gun midfielder as much as they need defenders or forwards. If things go as our recruiters planned from previous drafts, our need for mids may not be as pressing as some might believe.

Yeah, I understand that and you're right but it still seems so strange.
I really hope we don't pass on him, especially when we can get a Lisle at pick 23

No, but you stated you wanted him in your prior post. And by referring to a gauranteed mid at no 5, it was clear who you were referring to. Anyhow, whilst I quoted you, I said "alot of people", It was not meant to single you out personally.

I would prefer to see how the midfield rotation goes this year without interuption with full seasons from Houli, lonergan, reimers, jetta and the like. Keeping in mind we already have gained Primsall for the purpose of the midfield also. I think we have a lot of midfield prospects, but everyone wants a superstar. IMO, its not saying you are wrong or right.

I don't believe i did. I asked a question stating Rich as a want to the club and Hurley as a need to the club.

It may have looked like i was referring to Rich, but there are plenty of midfielders in the top 10 that have potential. Rich, Hill, Ziebell, Sidebottom almost.

Everyone wants one, because everyone needs one, just in our situation at this point in time, to use economic terms, Rich is a want and Hurley is a need (of course this being in someones opinion).

Look at superstars like Hird and Voss, players in this super draft have that potential so you cant look over them.

Tall Defender. with the versatility to go forward. We cant put all our eggs in the Neagle Gumby basket. There is the very real chance that one of these may not shake off the injury woes and not make it, despite their obvious potential. Hurley is sounding more and more to me the smartest pick.

i'd hate to see him end up at Carlton, who I believe would snatch him up,Carlton don't need Rich, he would slide through again.

I was referring to the Roughead/Franklin comment.

Ok, Sorry BTG. Just the way I translated your answer. I thought you meant we had enough talls in just those two. I see what you meant when I re read it.

No worries.

I think we should draft Schoenmakers at 23 if he's there, personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks pretty good doesn't he? Good Long Kick, great vision, looks to read it well, instinctively puts the ball to the right spot. Good height also, looks like the type that could play tall and short.

Based on that little highlight package, I wouldn't say no.

Remove this Banner Ad

What will you do if we pass on Rich - Light hearted fun

Back