What would make Fox Footy a great 24/7 channel?

Remove this Banner Ad

dosser11

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A couple of months back, Foxtel announced that they would be launching a 24 hour footy channel, and later announced it would take on the name of their former channel, Fox Footy.

Now that the ads are coming in, I wonder what will be included in the program that hasn't already been revealled.

My Expectations:

a) A kids footy show much like Auskick'n Around

b) Showing WAFL and SANFL games.
Not nessicarily live, but just to broadcast them during the week

c) Showing International Cup games when they are on

d) a reality tv contest searching for the World's biggest and maddest AFL fan

That's all I can think of now. Feel free to add any others :)

a bunch of retired footballers that think they're comedians guffawing to each other for an hour
This.

And Danny Frawly homoerotically touching Jason Dunstall a little too much.

I am watching it for the football, but that's it. I can barely stand that fraternal, unfunny, boys club comedy that ex-players dish up. It's always the unfunny ones who actually go into the business...

This.

And Danny Frawly homoerotically touching Jason Dunstall a little too much.

I am watching it for the football, but that's it. I can barely stand that fraternal, unfunny, boys club comedy that ex-players dish up. It's always the unfunny ones who actually go into the business...

did you just write the bio for triple m?

Football tips for kids given by some total reprobate, that shows how to get away with elbows in the guts, `accidental' shin spriggings, diving, the spoil/punch to the back of the head, how to stand just right in a push and shove so the next shove knocks you on your arse and you get a free, the perfect hip and shoulder, etc

Glenn Archer vs Wayne Carey for preference.

Copy and pasted from a Collingwood fan forum of which KB's son Rhett Bartlett is a poster and Foxtel employee.

Some further FOX FOOTY news.

I believe the Eddie McGuire's show on FOX FOOTY will be titled 'The Guest List'.

From Feb 1 - Channel 504 will become active, giving you a preview of what is instore on the FOX FOOTY Channel.

AFTER THE BOUNCE returns from Sunday February 19;

AFL 360 will now air 4 nights a week Monday – Thursday at 7.30pm from Monday February 20

ON THE COUCH returns for its 11th Season from Monday February 20;

AFL INSIDER is back from Tuesday February 20

LEAGUE TEAMS returns Thursday February 23 with new host Dermott Brereton.

- Regards
Rhett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL 360 four nights a week? Good show but hard to see four nights worth of content.

Also, Dermott as host? I like listening to him but he seems more of a panelist rather than a host. Has he ever hosted anything before?

Dermott and Eddie's appearance on the new station is a serious turn off. The best thing about Fox was it's low key nature, and D-list presenters who never really imposed too much with their personality in a negative way (except for Dwayne Russell). Those two joining will change that. It will be like the gallingly poor coverage channel 9 often did on Sundays.

AFL 360 four nights a week? Good show but hard to see four nights worth of content.

Also, Dermott as host? I like listening to him but he seems more of a panelist rather than a host. Has he ever hosted anything before?

White Line Fever seemed to do fine 5 nights a week. Would be good if they introduced talkback tv again. Made for some great viewing at times.

Each game of the round getting equal frequency of replays, no matter how "important" or "block buster" the game is meant to be.

If it's an all encompassing footy channel then make it one by doing this, and not cutting sections out of the games (except the commercial breaks). Live isn't good enough for some, accessibility is good enough for all.

Hire Rex Hunt to provide some lolz by being deliberately confrontational and taking the piss out of the panelists and their views. Would be better than the not so funny, try hard comedy, that fills up too much time in some of these shows.

Dress Billy Brownless up as a chook, get him smashed, and give him a wheel to spin that will win someone some useless junk.

One thing i remember and liked from White Line Fever was they used to have former umpire, Derick Humphrey Smith(?), on once a week where callers were able to call up and question calls made by umpires to which he'd discuss the incident if he could.

I know he was an umpire coach or something along those lines, but at least if a call was wrong he'd say it unlike AD's segment on afl.com.au where the umpires are never wrong. :thumbsdown:

Would be good if a personality with no direct ties and bias towards one side or the other (pro umpire vs. anti umpire) could do a show or segment similar.

White Line Fever was definitely a winner for me! Can't believe I didn't remember that one. And Rexy Hunt would make this thing absolute gold!

One thing I'd like to see is a 'virtual league'.

Random matches from the the home and away matches of the 70's and 80's that most people have forgotten the result of. Create a season with it's own ladder.

Also Games from the 90's

Oh and I forgot about the Winners. That used to be my face show to etch at 6:30pm

Would love a Top 10 Show.

Shows and Games on State Leagues VFL,SANFL and WAFL.

Also Following the U-18 Games in TAC Cup and U-18 National Championship. Even if it's a 1 hour Weekly Show

That'd be awesome because I've never really seen any footy apart from what's played in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

What would make Fox Footy a great 24/7 channel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back