Opinion What would you like to see after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Its the half way mark of the season and a time to reset - we should also start to get a few good players back into the team. Who would you like to see back in the team and what would you like to see the club do after the bye?

I'd like to swap the following players OUT and IN to the side;-

OUT: Gwilt IN: Dempsey
OUT: Howlett IN: Myers
OUT: Melksham IN: Hocking
OUT: Chapman IN: Winders
OUT: Gleeson IN: Zakka

TBell is shot so surely we have to try Giles and/or McKernan after the break....???
Would also like to see Kommer, Langford, Laverde & Dalgleish given games.

Possible team to in weeks after bye will hopefully put up a better show than we have done in the first half of the season, and could look like;-

Carlisle Hurley Baguley

Hibberd Hooker Heppell

Z.Merrett Myers Colyer

Zakka Ambrose Fantasia

Goddard Daniher Winders

McKernan/Giles Watson Hocking

INT: Stanton Kavanagh Dempsey
SUB: Cooney

Emergency: Kommer Langford Laverde

Last edited:
a New Coach?

i'd like to see Laverde make his Debut.

i'd like to see Fletch Hangup the boots - give him a farewell match

i'd like to see Melksham retire :p

i'd like to see the Club make a call on James Hirds Coaching career if he loses another 3 games on the trot

Last edited:

I don't know about Dempsey - last couple of weeks he just hasn't seemed to have the petrol in the tank to be effective for a whole game. Maybe the bye/a break will do him good but I reckon he's cooked.

I don't know about Dempsey - last couple of weeks he just hasn't seemed to have the petrol in the tank to be effective for a whole game. Maybe the bye/a break will do him good but I reckon he's cooked.

Yeah Dempsey is a tough one. When he's up and going his run and carry is fantastic - but he seems to be butchering the ball a lot so far this year.. :(

Sexy wins and lots of 'em

Fletcher and Chapman to retire.

Ambrose to stay in play every game and give him every chance of developing further as a forward.

Out: Stanton In: Browne/Fanta.. any kid to take his place once we get either Myers, Hocking, Zaka back.
Out: Howlett In: Hocking
Out: Kav In: Myers
Out: Chapman In: Jerrett/Fanta
Out: Gleeson(rested) In: Another kid

In: McKernan - been killing it at VFL level. Lets see if it can translate to AFL level. The game might have turned in his favour. Stefan Martin was a spud and now he's a pretty good player.

Winderlich/Cooney subs and rotated with Laverde/Langford for a few games. If we are being ruthless than Winderlich should retire but we'll be a basket case if we twisted his arm to play and then ask him to retire not long after.

Dempsey.... hmmmm. Like him and think he can still be a good player but along with Stanton must make way for a kid to develop.

Was going to say 14-15wins, but in a more realistic sense, WADA to drop case sounds good...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like to see mckernan in!
If we loose to the hawks then should play kids till end of the year

Give Gleeson 4-6 week rest from afl footy an play Browne see how he goes

Then rotate thru
Laverde, Langford, Dal, Ashby, Fanta, Edwards, Kav, jerrett

No more games for Chappy needs to retire, farewell games for fletch an winders

Loved Hird but needs to go start the club fresh

Tho this wont happen, just a dream

Play as many kids a possible. I dont mean at all cost but I would err on the side of playing a kid rather than and underperforming guy like Melksham, Hibberd.

Keep Kav, Fantasia, Edwards, in the team for as long as possible.

If we can get games into Browne and Dalgliesh would be good too.

Chappy is done. Should retire now I think.

Play the youth and being head hunting some decent coaching staff.

Also why are our kick outs terrible. Kick outs should be seen as a weapon yet we literally stack one side and kick long 99% of the time.

Geez Chappy & Cooney looked gone against the Eagles - we really need to get some kids in. Carlisle was ordinary - again also. and god knows whats going on with Hirds game plan....

B: Baguley, Hooker, Hibberd
HB: Dalgliesh, Hurley, Winderlich
C: Stanton, Watson, Z.Merrett
HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Colyer
F: Langford, Daniher, Laverde
Foll: McKernan, Goddard, Heppell
Int: Kavanagh, Howlett, Browne
Sub: Edwards

N.B. When they're fit Myers replaces Kavanagh and Hocking replaces Howlett (and Goddard goes back to an outside player)

Last edited:
B: Baguley, Hooker, Hibberd
HB: Dalgliesh, Hurley, Winderlich
C: Stanton, Watson, Z.Merrett
HF: Zaharakis, Carlisle, Colyer
F: Langford, Daniher, Laverde
Foll: McKernan, Goddard, Heppell
Int: Kavanagh, Howlett, Browne
Sub: Edwards
Defence too small IMO. Pears in, Carlisle back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion What would you like to see after the bye?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back