Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

You really know what clubs are thinking right now and what deals are going to be done ? Come on.
I was just saying that if push come to shove and we had to make a choice you do not match. That is the bloody point. No one can predict exactly what will happen. Deals may be getting done but that is not what I was talking about. I did not say do not match if we have traded out. I said my opinion was you do not match the bid if the picks we have are 9 and 30.
Maybe quote the whole bloody thing and not pick out one line!
Right. All 17 other clubs definitely won't want that pick or be prepared to trade their future first for it.

If we don't have a team lined up in case the bid comes before our pick I'd be absolutely gobsmacked.
Clubs would do this but is it even a win for us is the question. We might value our 1st and 2nd this year over Kako and next years pick 15.
Our second in this scenario is probably close to 35. I'd be shocked.

Isaac is not in the top ten prospects in my opinion.
If a club bids before our first round pick you have three options.
Refuse to match, match bid and get the bidding club back or trade first round pick and use points from 2nd rounder, and or possibly stringer, laverde and shiel draft picks.
The only ridiculously early bid I can think of is braeden campbell which the swans had to match.
I think Isaac does end up at essendon.

Right. All 17 other clubs definitely won't want that pick or be prepared to trade their future first for it.

If we don't have a team lined up in case the bid comes before our pick I'd be absolutely gobsmacked.

All the talk is a deep and even draft with a lot of talent still available in the 30 to 50 range. It cant be ruled out we pass is all anyone is saying. Depends where we rate Kako in comparison to his bid. Id be surprised if he was bid on before us because i dont think he is genuinely the best pick for any of the teams in front of us. I think it'd be borderline for us at our first if he was not academy tied and we actually need a small forward more than anyone.

It was my info and the basis seemed to centre around

Pick 9 for pick 26 and our future first.

Which you could I suppose on trade post the Kako bid and come back in if you wanted? 🤷‍♂️

Not saying it’s happening. Just that it’s going to be asked of you. Pointed out we will bid.

Yeah. Makes sense.

But also 26 which will be closer to 30 after various players get matched (and would be absorbed to match Kako) and a questionable first with no known established value is massive unders for that pick.

When it’s considered a strong draft and that pick 10/12 will virtually = pick 5 and in other years that or a similar pick gets you Isaac Rankine, Jordan Dawson, Adam Cerra, Adam Saad, Joe Daniher ect.

The real value of that pick is closer to 15 + F1 from a contender.

Just don’t think Saints have anything close to what we’d want for that pick.

Think Giants/Cats are the most likely teams to be interested/have enough to keep us interested

Yeah. Makes sense.

But also 26 which will be closer to 30 after various players get matched (and would be absorbed to match Kako) and a questionable first with no known established value is massive unders for that pick.

When it’s considered a strong draft and that pick 10/12 will virtually = pick 5 and in other years that or a similar pick gets you Isaac Rankine, Jordan Dawson, Adam Cerra, Adam Saad, Joe Daniher ect.

The real value of that pick is closer to 15 + F1 from a contender.

Just don’t think Saints have anything close to what we’d want for that pick.

Think Giants/Cats are the most likely teams to be interested/have enough to keep us interested
Neither of those trades work.

You need to come in post Kako bid.

Any firsts that just push your current back will get eaten by Kako.

Unless you believe your pick is swapped with the 2 giants picks and are happy if one is used to match Kako. But you would imagine that still requires a sweetener from you.

Acquiring a future first means you can flip it almost immediately if you have a deal for 11/12/13 etc.

It also saves you the equivalent of roughly a late third worth of points as we wouldn’t bid.

This St Kilda bott farm spam is way too meta for me. One even calls himself “botts”.

Is there actually a law that they must say “we come in peace” (how original) before trying to stir up shit?

I come in peace (sort of). Apparently we are interested in your pick 9. We have been interviewing kako as well. What are your thoughts on trading up to make sure you get two first rounders?

Would be a swop of futures. Pick 8 for 9 and a future of some sorts. Maybe a second. Or a straight swop of 9 for a future first

SOS has history of bidding on players. Moving up to pick 8 might be your only option to get two picks in this draft. No one else will be willing to move out of the top ten.

Cal twomey is a massive bombers nuffy and he has banged on every episode of gettable that Essendon must trade up and get ahead of the kako bid.

Fair enough. Appreciate the discussion.

It was my info and the basis seemed to centre around

Pick 9 for pick 26 and our future first.

Which you could I suppose on trade post the Kako bid and come back in if you wanted? 🤷‍♂️

Not saying it’s happening. Just that it’s going to be asked of you. Pointed out we will bid.

If you trade out of pick 9 this year into next and we bid on kako at 8. Would you have enough points to match?

This St Kilda bott farm spam is way too meta for me. One even calls himself “botts”.

Is there actually a law that they must say “we come in peace” (how original) before trying to stir up shit?
They are just kindly letting us know that they care about us and that we should quickly hand over our first for whatever we can get because its in our best interests.

😂 it’s an awkward last name. Now I know why no one takes me serious online.

I do not care if you are gobsmacked. I made a simple comment about a scenario. You guys make comments about unlikely scenarios all the time. In fact you create them. People where asking about what happens if we have to match. I gave an opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2024 - What do we do, we have a top 10 pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back