What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hah...... the karma train arrived and Crowley sends his regards 300 times!
Much as I dislike the filthy little liar....... really, 3 weeks for that? FFS this MRP/Tribunal system is just a mess. 1 week for stupidity - no real harm done.

We both know that never happened. But keep trying to take the moral higher ground, you can't be a North supporter without trying to get on a soapbox.
Picken is one of the fairest players in the league and his record attests to that. Harvey on the other hand....not so much.
yes, picken is renowned as a fair, skilful ball player. :rolleyes:

seriously, all it would take is for the umpires to apply the rules that are there............eg, you can' tackle a player 20 or 30 metres off the ball, and the little scragger wouldn't have a career.

The AFL 'system' yet again killing an ant with a sledgehammer. Green light for talentless hack footballers like Picken and Crowley to continue on their illegal behind the play dog act tactics. Doesn't happen in any other sport in the world where cheating instigators can dish up crap to the genuine ball players and get away with it on a weekly basis in such a blatant manner. It's just another reason why the AFL is on the nose.
Harvey should have pretended a late spoil ala Merret's so called attempt a few weeks ago and re-arranged Pickens face instead. 0 weeks for such a 'genuine' attempt.

You realise every team has a tagger. Even north. You want your team to allow Ablett & the best mids dominate games every week? Go ahead. A tagger is just a defending mid. You want full backs to let their man go too? Guarantee a full back holds & Scraggs just as much as a tagger.
Boomer deserved his weeks.

It's like Norf supporters don't even know who Scott Thompson is

Yeah and what happened regarding that? Barry didn't get suspended (for something far worse than Lake or Boomer), and the entire footy world was baying for Thompson's blood. Not sure you should cite that as example.

Moving on an ignoring much of that hate and trolling that has bogged this thread down, FWIW, Bias here, 2 weeks would have been right.

Not sure why he pleaded guilty to the throw. Just to preface this , im fine with close checking NEAR the ball that is close to the line of scragging, but not sure why Picken felt the need to almost mount Harvey like a dog on heat so far away from the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and what happened regarding that? Barry didn't get suspended (for something far worse than Lake or Boomer), and the entire footy world was baying for Thompson's blood. Not sure you should cite that as example.

Moving on an ignoring much of that hate and trolling that has bogged this thread down, FWIW, Bias here, 2 weeks would have been right.

Not sure why he pleaded guilty to the throw. Just to preface this , im fine with close checking NEAR the ball that is close to the line of scragging, but not sure why Picken felt the need to almost mount Harvey like a dog on heat so far away from the ball.
Wasn't referring to that instance just Scott Thompson in General (not so much these days) just with all the Norf supporters calling Picken a dog and what not which is ****ing ridiculous. No way near as bad as what Thompson used to do and even he wasn't a dog, just doing his job.

Also I wouldn't say the Barry hall incident was worse, and even though it wasn't long ago it was a whole different time back then really.

Another snipe it seems from the biggest smallest sniper playing this game.
Brent did what he was always going to do. His nasty little disposition his need to be Mr Big and everything going his way has seen him stuff up his year and Norths year , I 've been saying for ages this silly angry little fella is going to get found out, just did , with weeks, 2 50 metre penalties a few weeks back should have been enough for this so called professional and North Melbourne Royalty as Vossy called him to pull his foolish head in. Deserved all he got. And is lucky his name wasn't Lake.

As a North member I can't hide my disappointment at Boomer.

I know he’s a media darling, and sure he comes across as a nice bloke and a handy player but gawd, how much does he cost the Roos at times!!

In 2012 … Eagles beat the Roos by 96pts in the first week of the finals. Who steps up in that game? Swallow (31 disposals) & Ziebell (30 disposals). Boomer only gets 13 touches.

And he gets suspended for 4 matches. And then stupidly appeals which makes it a six-week suspension. The first six weeks of 2013 the Roos go 2-4. They lose by 4pts to Geelong in Round 2 … you would like to think Boomer could have made the difference had he been playing.

Worse still in Round 5, i.e. the round he would have returned in had he not appealed the initial suspension, they lose by 3pts to Hawthorn. Again you’d like to think Boomer would have made the difference! The Roos miss the Finals by one game …

And now 2014 … and he’ll miss their first, and perhaps only, Final.

Even going back to 2007 … now I have to admit I can’t remember if something happened and he was off the ground, but in the first final when Geelong beat the Roos by 106pts Boomer got seven disposals!!

I’ll keep harping on about it until I see a change, but over the past few years the one thing that constantly jumps out about the Roos is their lack of on-field leadership. Unfortunately it’ll serve Boomer right if the Roos lose their first final.

Harvey's sanction was correct but to claim it was worse than Lake's scenario where he grabbed Petrie by the neck and had to be dragged off him by players is plain embarrassing.

inb4 "b-but Petrie eye gouged first" :cry:

Except the scratches were on Lake's cheek and it occurred after Lake threw him down in a tackle, lay on top of him and refused to let him up.

If I had the choice of being the player on the receiving end I'd rather be ragged dolled by the scruff of my jumper than have a forearm thrust with force into my throat 150% of the time.

Petrie is a filthy eyegouging dog with form in that area,

Harvey being done for trying to choke a player to death with his forearm is the greatest act of karma ever to befall a footballing club.

:rolleyes:

Troll harder.

Do we know if the 40% loading was applied?
Application of loading seems very rubbery when a case goes straight to the tribunal.

The loading doesn't need to be applied, but the fact that the loading exists (ie, an existing good or bad record) can (but need not) be taken into account by the jury. Equally, a "guilty plea" (noting that in cases like Harvey's where the matter is referred straight to the tribunal, there is no chance to take a guilty plea) can (but need not) be taken into account by the jury.

There is more flexibility in cases like Harvey's where there is no neat MRP grading to fir it into. That is why AFL counsel suggested the jury should liken it to "Misconduct - Unnecessary contact to the face" (which has an MRP grading), even though Harvey made no contact to the face.

Look, say what you will about the incidents in question, but it's surely beyond dispute that North Melbourne are the least adept team when it comes to negotiating tribunals, appeals, and tribunal arguments. Even when there are legitimate grounds for dispute, it feels like their counsel just goes in there and tries to lay the vibe on the table and expect the rest of the tribunal to do the work for them. If anyone can name a team that does it worse, I'd love to hear it.

Look, say what you will about the incidents in question, but it's surely beyond dispute that North Melbourne are the least adept team when it comes to negotiating tribunals, appeals, and tribunal arguments. Even when there are legitimate grounds for dispute, it feels like their counsel just goes in there and tries to lay the vibe on the table and expect the rest of the tribunal to do the work for them. If anyone can name a team that does it worse, I'd love to hear it.

Freo give it a shake

You realise every team has a tagger. Even north. You want your team to allow Ablett & the best mids dominate games every week? Go ahead. A tagger is just a defending mid. You want full backs to let their man go too? Guarantee a full back holds & Scraggs just as much as a tagger.
Boomer deserved his weeks.[/Q

Greenwood is the closest thing we have to a tagger or defensive midfielder but at least he gets his 25+ pos's and usually goes about his job in a more civilised way than Picken or Crowley. The common denominator seems to be these two when a ball player lashes out in frustration. I really cant blame Harvey, Fyfe, Ablett etc, you can only poke a bear so much before they crack the shits, its human nature. The use of constant holding, scragging, pushing, shoving, pinching etc etc 50 metres behind play or at stoppages is not 'part of the game'. It's blatant cheating and a disgrace. Footy folk/media are the first to bag cynical, diving soccer players yet applaud the likes Crowley who makes a living from being just that. The umpires and AFL need to get serious on this cause the coaches certainly dont give a shit about the look of the game. The system is a joke when 'hacks' keep on getting away with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back