What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

good luck appealing that then, what with the clear camera footage and all.

suppose he can appeal the amount of force on the throat?
I think that's what he tried to do. Also said he had no other option in trying to stand up, which is kinda insane, as the ground was right there next to Picken's throat :drunk:

Oh. I'm an idiot so what did that make the base points before the 40% was added?

325 plus 40% loading takes it up to to 455, then pleading guilty gets him 25% off back down to 341.25.

He's a week light for mine. Comparable to Lake's brain snap.

325 plus 40% loading takes it up to to 455, then pleading guilty gets him 25% off back down to 341.25.

Ahh, cheers.

Have to go back a long way to find it! So I thought I'd bump in case anyone else missed it.

Lucky to get three, that'll scare a few mums off footy, just like Lake. 4 each for mine.

Tagging is a ligit position, as some one else said, he should have ignored it or flopped for a free, but he could have really hurt Pickens back, before he even got to his throat

Stupid just stupid

Have to go back a long way to find it! So I thought I'd bump in case anyone else missed it.

Lucky to get three, that'll scare a few mums off footy, just like Lake. 4 each for mine.

Tagging is a ligit position, as some one else said, he should have ignored it or flopped for a free, but he could have really hurt Pickens back, before he even got to his throat

Stupid just stupid

the dumbest defence ever mounted didn't help either, pleads guilty to a throw which they have on video, clear evidence on video of his forearm across pickens throat............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL 'system' yet again killing an ant with a sledgehammer. Green light for talentless hack footballers like Picken and Crowley to continue on their illegal behind the play dog act tactics. Doesn't happen in any other sport in the world where cheating instigators can dish up crap to the genuine ball players and get away with it on a weekly basis in such a blatant manner. It's just another reason why the AFL is on the nose.
Harvey should have pretended a late spoil ala Merret's so called attempt a few weeks ago and re-arranged Pickens face instead. 0 weeks for such a 'genuine' attempt.

The AFL 'system' yet again killing an ant with a sledgehammer. Green light for talentless hack footballers like Picken and Crowley to continue on their illegal behind the play dog act tactics. Doesn't happen in any other sport in the world where cheating instigators can dish up crap to the genuine ball players and get away with it on a weekly basis in such a blatant manner. It's just another reason why the AFL is on the nose.
Harvey should have pretended a late spoil ala Merret's so called attempt a few weeks ago and re-arranged Pickens face instead. 0 weeks for such a 'genuine' attempt.

Keep it up, the tears taste amazing. Picken is one of the best taggers in the league & has never done anything warranting attention, let alone ever had someone act like that towards him for playing a role. You North flogs act like he sh*t in Boomer's weet bix on game day or something

Last edited:

Yes, but in the Lake case they made it up, as the original charge only resulted in 3, they made a "mistake" with the math.

Lake 4 weeks = MRP would make it 2 + record (2), Counsel asked for 3, Defence asked for 3, Media wanted 4-6. No discount available for guilty plea.

Harvey 3 weeks = MRP would make it 2 + record (3), Counsel asked for 3, Defence for 3, Media uncertain, maybe 1, maybe 2. Guilty plea discount, even though he didn't actually plead guilty.

Indicative of the Lake punishment being unfair, but in this case they got it pretty well spot on. Not sure why either even went to the tribunal - simply an exercise in PR spin and satisfying the media.

Yes, but in the Lake case they made it up, as the original charge only resulted in 3, they made a "mistake" with the math.

Lake 4 weeks = MRP would make it 2 + record (2), Counsel asked for 3, Defence asked for 3, Media wanted 4-6. No discount available for guilty plea.

Harvey 3 weeks = MRP would make it 2 + record (3), Counsel asked for 3, Defence for 3, Media uncertain, maybe 1, maybe 2. Guilty plea discount, even though he didn't actually plead guilty.

Indicative of the Lake punishment being unfair, but in this case they got it pretty well spot on. Not sure why either even went to the tribunal - simply an exercise in PR spin and satisfying the media.

misconduct automatically goes to the tribunal doesn't it?

Keep it up, the tears taste amazing. Picken is one of the best taggers in the league & has never done anything warranting attention, let alone ever had someone act like that towards him for playing a role. You Norf flogs act like he shat in Boomer's weet bix on game day or something

I agree Picken is one of the best taggers, because he gets away with elbowing, pushing, and pinning arms. He also punched Harvey twice in the face. So next time, hope Picken gets thrown into the camera equipment.

3 seems lenient to be fair compared with Lake. A forearm with full force pressed into the throat.

Was considerably worse than Lake.

Harvey's sanction was correct but to claim it was worse than Lake's scenario where he grabbed Petrie by the neck and had to be dragged off him by players is plain embarrassing.

inb4 "b-but Petrie eye gouged first" :cry:

Except the scratches were on Lake's cheek and it occurred after Lake threw him down in a tackle, lay on top of him and refused to let him up.

I agree Picken is one of the best taggers, because he gets away with elbowing, pushing, and pinning arms. He also punched Harvey twice in the face. So next time, hope Picken gets thrown into the camera equipment.

Lol the bitterness from some North fans is hilarious. The man who has been suspended for 9 weeks over the last 2 seasons is a Saint and the man who has never been suspended is the devil!!! Have I missed anything??

I'm happy my club has stayed out of the case entirely and not tried to influence the decision in the media ...

Remove this Banner Ad

What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back