FTA-TV What's a good T.V series to get into?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gossip girl
Big Bang theory
Chuck
True Blood
Entourage
Skins
Arthur (this may depend on your age... but its still like the best show ever!)

Curb Your Enthusiasm is better than Arrested Development. It's almost as good as Seinfeld, which is like being close to perfect.

I can't agree with this comment at all.

I've tried with Curb Your Enthusiasm but the lolz never came.

Arrested Development was just absolutely brilliant in every way. I've watched the whole series a couple of times and it is better each time around.

Arrested Development > Curb Your Enthusiasm. And Seinfeld.

Nothing can touch the awesomeness of Seinfeld. AD is very good, but as I mentioned elsewhere I prefer CYE. Seinfeld will never be topped. I guess everyone has different tastes. Also Seinfeld was epically good for 6 seasons and very good for 3 seasons, whereas AD only went for 3 seasons.

High school dramas - One Tree Hill, Friday Night Lights, Glee

English comedies - Peep Show, The Mighty Boosh, Extras

American shows - Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested

Development, Chuck, Mad Men, The Office

Southland - Excellent gritty cop drama, although it might not get pickup for a new season after only 13 ep firsts eason, silly NBC and now TNT screwing with it.

It got another season, although be it only 10 episodes. Again, really recommend this one :thumbsu:

Nothing can touch the awesomeness of Seinfeld. AD is very good, but as I mentioned elsewhere I prefer CYE. Seinfeld will never be topped. I guess everyone has different tastes. Also Seinfeld was epically good for 6 seasons and very good for 3 seasons, whereas AD only went for 3 seasons.

I've never laughed out loud once at Seinfeld. It's certainly watchable. But I've never found it overly funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't agree with this comment at all.

I've tried with Curb Your Enthusiasm but the lolz never came.

Arrested Development was just absolutely brilliant in every way. I've watched the whole series a couple of times and it is better each time around.

i think both shows are either acquired tastes or simply cater for different types of audiences. i could never get into arrested development, curb your enthusiasm is genius on the other hand. my opinion of course

CYE is definitely a weird one. Larry David's acting is awful, but his comedy and writing is so hilarious that it somehow helps rather than hurts the show. It's like no other show I've ever watched, and that's definitely a good thing.

However, Arrested Development for me will always be the better program, purely because of the depth to it. The intertextualism, callbacks, multi-multi-layered jokes were just IMO on a different planet from any other comedy. Top it off with ingenious plotting, awesome characters, and the highest-quality cast I've ever seen assembled for an ensemble comedy, and you have something that I think will never be matched.

CYE is definitely a weird one. Larry David's acting is awful, but his comedy and writing is so hilarious that it somehow helps rather than hurts the show. It's like no other show I've ever watched, and that's definitely a good thing.

However, Arrested Development for me will always be the better program, purely because of the depth to it. The intertextualism, callbacks, multi-multi-layered jokes were just IMO on a different planet from any other comedy. Top it off with ingenious plotting, awesome characters, and the highest-quality cast I've ever seen assembled for an ensemble comedy, and you have something that I think will never be matched.

The Wire of comedies. :D

gobsegway.jpg

The Wire owns this thread.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueDjiAm5rzE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueDjiAm5rzE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The Wire owns this thread.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueDjiAm5rzE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueDjiAm5rzE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Omar is one of the best characters to ever grace the small screen. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV What's a good T.V series to get into?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back