What's going on with Carlton's list

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol so your suggesting that Carlton would be better not having one of the top 3 rucks in the AFL on their list

When Jacobs requested a return to Adelaide at the end of his contract he was nowhere near in the top 3 ruckmen in the league. If I had suggested as much you would have actually had a genuine reason to lol.

He was a good tap ruckman who was slow around the ground and was not known at all for taking a mark. Carlton didn't want him gone but he knew opportunities at Adelaide would come a lot quicker than at Carlton.

Give up the hindsight wanking on about some developing ruckman who was 4th in line at the time of his departure and actually wanted to go home.

When Jacobs requested a return to Adelaide at the end of his contract he was nowhere near in the top 3 ruckmen in the league. If I had suggested as much you would have actually had a genuine reason to lol.

He was a good tap ruckman who was slow around the ground and was not known at all for taking a mark. Carlton didn't want him gone but he knew opportunities at Adelaide would come a lot quicker than at Carlton.

Give up the hindsight wanking on about some developing ruckman who was 4th in line at the time of his departure and actually wanted to go home.
I wasn't quoting you son, read the post properly next time.

I'm suggesting it wouldn't make us a better 'best 22'. Jacobs has responded to carrying 95% of the Crows ruck work load. He wouldn't get that at Carlton.

This logic is just laughable. A ruckman who can take take 95% of the load is solid gold in football these days and your saying that if he were still at Carlton taking that load, it wouldn't improve them. Lol that's completely absurd. What would happen is that Kreuzer would be told he is a forward who plays 10-15% in the ruck, pretty simple. Then you get the best out of Jacobs and probably the best out of Kreuzer who whilst a good player I doubt he will ever be one of the top 5 rucks in the AFL

Lol, I didn't say you were. Next time you want to have a private post fest let the rest of us know.
You just don't get it do you son. We're talking about what Jacobs would offer Carlton now, not when he left. Your friend seems to think he wouldn't improve your side ... lol

You just don't get it do you son. We're talking about what Jacobs would offer Carlton now, not when he left. Your friend seems to think he wouldn't improve your side ... lol

A) Who cares, he plays for Adelaide; and

B) No he wouldn't. He's a better ruck than Kruezer but not as good around the ground. He's a smarter ruck than Hampson but couldn't play forward as well and his ruckwork's on a par with Warnock and probably similar everywhere else.

Jacobs has worked well for Adelaide primarily because he just does ruck work and doesn't have to double up as a forward.

We already have a pure tap ruckman in Warnock and TBH he may well struggle for game time against a fit Hampson and Kruezer. Same would apply to Jacobs in the fairy land where he still plays for us.

A) Who cares, he plays for Adelaide; and

B) No he wouldn't. He's a better ruck than Kruezer but not as good around the ground. He's a smarter ruck than Hampson but couldn't play forward as well and his ruckwork's on a par with Warnock and probably similar everywhere else.

Jacobs has worked well for Adelaide primarily because he just does ruck work and doesn't have to double up as a forward.

We already have a pure tap ruckman in Warnock and TBH he may well struggle for game time against a fit Hampson and Kruezer. Same would apply to Jacobs in the fairy land where he still plays for us.

Lol I can't believe that people are really trying to argue that the best ruckman in 2012 would still be third in line at Carlton. This is beginning to get really embarrassing. I suppose Josh Kennedy wouldn't get a game in front of Wait and Henderson either ;).

This logic is just laughable. A ruckman who can take take 95% of the load is solid gold in football these days and your saying that if he were still at Carlton taking that load, it wouldn't improve them. Lol that's completely absurd. What would happen is that Kreuzer would be told he is a forward who plays 10-15% in the ruck, pretty simple. Then you get the best out of Jacobs and probably the best out of Kreuzer who whilst a good player I doubt he will ever be one of the top 5 rucks in the AFL

lol. Listen here sonny Jimbo, your knowledge of Carlton is laughable. I still rate Kreuzer in front of Jacobs, lol and abuse me as much as you like. We are not lacking in the ruck department Bucko. Getting Jacobs back would not help us.

Lol I can't believe that people are really trying to argue that the best ruckman in 2012 would still be third in line at Carlton. This is beginning to get really embarrassing. I suppose Josh Kennedy wouldn't get a game in front of Wait and Henderson either ;).

It's only embarrassing for you.

As good as his season's been he's a great tap ruckman and not much else. TBH would have been perfect for your team in your premiership year, if he played for you of course, and if he was as good then as he is now and blah blah blah.

Ever wondered why he wasn't all Australian?

Not hard to figure out really.

Abusive posts like this achieve nothing. Carlton posters need to stop pulling the troll card every time their confronted with a strong argument. If you can't handle the criticism then I suggest you don't post.
Yeah sure, did you read the post I responded to? Of course you did and you agree because it suits the whole reason this thread exists.

Anyway, I encourage you to report my post because I interested in the feedback. If the main board mods want to go through and find where you have been objective or where you have accepted other views, then I encourage them to do so.

Let's not pretend your intention is anything more than it is though. You couldn't have done any better on Bay 13.

Yeah sure, did you read the post I responded to? Of course you did and you agree because it suits the whole reason this thread exists.

Anyway, I encourage you to report my post because I interested in the feedback. If the main board mods want to go through and find where you have been objective or where you have accepted other views, then I encourage them to do so.

Let's not pretend you intention is anything more than it is though. You couldn't have done any better on Bay 13.

Serious question now, and leaving how he left Carlton aside. Do you, like the two posters above you, honestly believe that having Jacobs wouldn't improve your best 22. Also they seem to think that Kreuzer is a better ruck than Jacobs. Whilst I think he'll be a pretty good player I doubt he'll ever be a top 5 in the comp as a #1 ruck. I think his most damaging position would be as a second or third forward who occasionally rucks - basically a much much better version of Lee Brown or Quentin Lynch. I just can't understand how people think he is a better number 1 ruck than Jacobs.

All of our rucks have/had different attributes.

Kreuzer is the extra midfielder. Does the 1%ers in the centre far better than any of the other 3. Tap work is improving. Nullifies the middle, getting very good and creative around the stoppages, especially the forward stoppages. If you are asking whether Jacobs is a better tap ruckman .. yes. Better body on body ... probably but Kreuzer is improving and is younger.

Hampson is the athletic freak. Twice as fast as Jacobs and a far better second ruck/forward option than Jacobs. Hampson is a better forward option than Kreuzer too. Also possesses a killer leap to counter taller rucks but has only just started developing the nous.

Warnock is a good tap ruckman and again, moves around the ground better than Jacobs. I am sure his height was supposed to be a counter to Sandilands and the like but he is yet to fully utilise his height, whether through injury or technique.

The problem for us has been that these guys can't stay on the park. Some continuity and some steel in the rest of the side as the Crows had this year, should see a couple of these guys leap forward.

You are thinking ruck as in pure tapping ability and positioning. I'm not sure you have considered athleticism, pressure acts, and versatility. In terms of pure old school rucking, Jacobs season this year was better than anything the others have put together. But, it was one season for a different side that had different fortunes.

Way, way too early to be talking about this unless you have an agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the above was a response to Mr Wayne and his 'Waynersisms'...

to answer you question ( I can't speak for Collingwood supporters ) but Carlton supporters enjoy beating Collingwood and Essendon as far as H&A goes, probably at the margin a more friendly rivalry between Carlton and Collingwood and less friendly between the scum and ourselves - but premierships are what matters and (for Carlton) it has been a long time between drinks. Time to add to the tally over the next few years and put the last ten years behind us.
/Thanks Ben/ (as in Captain Obvious)

As my post suggests (perhaps too subtly for you)- Carlton supporters worry about winning against Collingwood and adding to that tally (thus the raising the bar/expectations statement)

At Collingwood, we don't care as much about that, as we have have the flag on our mind. We've been doing okay. A good history of Top 4 finishes and young list suggests we'll be fine (in our opinion). We showed we have the depth to overcome injuries. Hopefully, we'll add to our Premiership tally over the next few years. You can keep adding to your Collingwood wins. We have bigger fish to fry.

It would seem Collingwood supporters are generally just happy to be involved in September. Again this year the old maxim "at least we were there" was rolled out after another unsuccessful September campaign, the 29th unsuccessful September campaign out of the last 31 finals campaigns the Pies have been involved in.
Oh the hypocracy. Honestly, you can't write this stuff any better.

It seems as though Carlton are happy to hang their hat on 'being within a kick of the prelim!'
And 'having top draft picks!'

Dude, I'm 30* and can't remember one Carlton flag (I wasn't old enough to remember '87) In that time you have won 3 spoons and we have won 2 flags (I was there for both). Talk about history all you want mate but surely you're getting a little thirsty. Maybe one day you might be able to say "at least we were there".

In the meantime, you finished 10th and have done nothing to improve your list. A number of the teams above you had as many injuries or a worse run.

We are happy with where we're at. You sound a little worried. That or delusional.

Thanks for coming. Back to the safety of your Board. Maybe you can talk about your awesome list and how all 22 AAs.

(* Oh and that makes it one successful campaign in 30 years. '95*.Therefore, 29 unsuccessful campaigns.)

Dude, I'm 30* and can't remember one Carlton flag (I wasn't old enough to remember '87) In that time you have won 3 spoons and we have won 2 flags (I was there for both). Talk about history all you want mate but surely you're getting a little thirsty. Maybe one day you might be able to say "at least we were there".

(* Oh and that makes it one successful campaign in 30 years. '95*.Therefore, 29 unsuccessful campaigns.)

You do realise that '87 still happened even if you don't remember it, and it is well inside the 30 years?

Oh the hypocracy. Honestly, you can't write this stuff any better.

It seems as though Carlton are happy to hang their hat on 'being within a kick of the prelim!'
And 'having top draft picks!'

In the meantime, you finished 10th and have done nothing to improve your list. A number of the teams above you had as many injuries or a worse run.

We are happy with where we're at. You sound a little worried. That or delusional.

Thanks for coming. Back to the safety of your Board. Maybe you can talk about your awesome list and how all 22 AAs.

Give it up mate.You're up against those highly thought of Carlton mods.

After all they did beat us twice this year only to go on and finish 10th,Malty will turn that around though:D

Is that it? Just trolling rubbish with not a fact in sight? You are a bloody lightweight. Get off the main board.
You wouldn't recognize a fact if it was looking you in the face. You should stick to the Carlton board where you belong.

I will spell out my original contention, it's pretty simple. Carlton's season unravelled between round 4 and round 10 and that was largely independent of your injury list. Carlton was aiming to be a top 4 side when the season began. They started well, became flag favorites and if I am correct Ratten embraced that tag at the time. Expectations were high at the time. I was worried at how improved your mob looked. I thought I could see a flag possibilty.

When you smashed us on the MCG in round 3 injuries were not holding you back. Come round 4 and Essendon stunned you. You payed badly that day. Yes you lost Carrazzo. They lost Hurley early 2nd half.

Yes, we lost Carrazzo.......and Laidler and Yarran, all in the first quarter, down to one interchange in the first quarter of the game. Of course we were going to be stunned after that. FFS, Laidler and Carrazzo went down in the first 5 minutes of the game. Hilarious how posters only point to 'losing' Carrazzo in that game.

Do you think Carlton would be a better side with Jacobs #1, kreuzer resting & Warnock & hampson playing VFL? I don't. Your attempt at making the Carlton list management appear amateur, by agreeing to send Jacobs to his chosen destination is RUBBISH. Now how about a new reason to troll the Blues? Green, Reimers, tradeless, something else?

There's enough idiots doing that as it is.

I think he was including that by wasn't including the 95 flag, hence the * beside it (for alleged salary cap breaches or what everyone goes on about).

Oh yes the 1995 flag where we have been investigated and were not over the cap that year. Why can't everyone accept that? If you want to have a go at a team, have a go at Essendon who were over the cap in 1993.

I'm not directing that response at you Wayne Arnold, just using your post as a quote for the others who try to dispute the legitimacy of the 1995 flag.

You do realise that '87 still happened even if you don't remember it, and it is well inside the 30 years?
Comprehension fail.
It's obvious that he is saying that he was 5/6? the only time Carlton has won a flag in his life (what Wayne said about 1995) and so can't remember any Carlton success.
Seems more than relevant when he was respond to another poster who said collingwood had 29 unsuccessful seasons.
I too agree that you folks needs to move on about your great history.
For most of us, you have been nothing but a laughing stock.

Just skimmed this thread. Not particularly interested in the Carlton list, but this bizarre off topic comment caught my eye.
I am not 'pretty sure' but I know that Masten wasn't drafted until after Judd left - a year after the Premiership, thus very unlikely he would have been playing during the Premiership year.
Your point is?
Deflect on.

Read it again.

All of our rucks have/had different attributes.

Hampson is the athletic freak. Twice as fast as Jacobs and a far better second ruck/forward option than Jacobs. Hampson is a better forward option than Kreuzer too. Also possesses a killer leap to counter taller rucks but has only just started developing the nous.

Carlton must be absolutely delighted with the improvement Hampson has made since the season finished. Must be training the house down, or maybe he is at football university working on that "nous"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back