Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about the new Matrix, same thing I thought about the new Rambo.
[SPOILER="Big ass pictures]
This is Rambo
rambo_2008_22_-_h_2017.jpg

This is Sly Stallone
Sylvester_Stallone_Cannes_2019.jpg

This is Sly Stallone in Rambo 5
rambolastbloodpn.jpg

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

This is Neo
Keanu-Reeves-5939c06.jpg

This is Keanu Reeves
1200px-Reuni%C3%A3o_com_o_ator_norte-americano_Keanu_Reeves_%2846806576944%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

This is Keanu Reeves in Matrix 4
249dfebc00d82d326677a53ab134c936
[/SPOILER]

Are we not allowed to ask actors to have certain styles for roles any longer? It's getting hard sometimes to look past the actor and see the character, what I call the Tom Cruise/Will Smith problem. In almost every film they are Tom Cruise or Will Smith, can't look past them, or remember characters well. For characters in iconic franchises, characters you can remember, I reckon they could keep the look at bit better to allow us, the audience, to see the characters first and actors second.

Last edited:
The Guilty : 6/10, had promise but the last 3rd of the film let itself down

Old - 5/10 - i nice premise/ idea, the makeup in making characters seamlessly age was impressive, but the story was ridiculous and it fell short of the mark....worth a watch just to check out i reckon though
These out on streamers? Or “other” means

Are we not allowed to ask actors to have certain styles for roles any longer? It's getting hard sometimes to look past the actor and see the character, what I call the Tom Cruise/Will Smith problem. In almost every film they are Tom Cruise or Will Smith, can't look past them, or remember characters well. For characters in iconic franchises, characters you can remember, I reckon they could keep the look at bit better to allow us, the audience, to see the characters first and actors second.

Some cases due to studio contract agreements. Keanu Reeves and filming John Wick 4. Henry Cavill filming MI Fallout whilst having to do reshoots for Joss Whedon's JL, hence the CGI disaster

Some cases due to studio contract agreements. Keanu Reeves and filming John Wick 4. Henry Cavill filming MI Fallout whilst having to do reshoots for Joss Whedon's JL, hence the CGI disaster

Yeah I suppose that's true, but gee, what a makeup departments paid for if not able to do a fake beard or wig?

Alone (2020) on Netflix

Really good little thriller about a woman who was travelling to her new destination and being stalked by a strange man. I had anxiety watching the first 30 minutes because i was holding my breath, it slowed down a bit but the ending was great. If it was 10 minutes shorter it would have been a 9/10 but I will still give it 8/10
I watched this due to your recommendation.
Really enjoyed it! :thumbsu:
I also watched this due to this thread, thanks.

I don't get unsettled by thrillers often, but this made me uncomfortable.

Quite an effective little film. Both leads were spot on.

Watching Bayformers and I hate it in so many ways (Bayformer 1 was decent)

But I have to say the CGI has always been world class and has never been bettered IMO

Watching Bayformers and I hate it in so many ways (Bayformer 1 was decent)

But I have to say the CGI has always been world class and has never been bettered IMO
I've been giving the 1986 movie's soundtrack a good listen too lately after looking for some different CDs for the car, and it's absolutely elite. One of the best soundtracks ever.

Just like the film.

Bayformers has nothing on the original.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Watched A Quiet Place Part 2 last night. Can't believe some were saying it surpassed the first one. Felt completely unnecessary, lost so much of what made the first one special. Basically just a run of the mill monster movie. Not bad but completely forgettable.

Last edited:
American Made

American_Made_%28film%29.jpg

Pretty good 'true' story of an American Pilot that goes from commercial pilot, to CIA operative, to filthy rich drug smuggler, to abandoned by the government and a made man to the cartel. I enjoy, nothing groundbreaking but solid 7 - 8/10. The random interruptions from Ronald Reagan are a nice touch. Notable for being one of the few Tom Cruise movies where he doesn't stand out as Tom Cruise straight away. He's a bit overweight, a bit red and blotchy in the skin, and seems a bit short (his true height).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought about the new Matrix, same thing I thought about the new Rambo.
[SPOILER="Big ass pictures]
This is Rambo
rambo_2008_22_-_h_2017.jpg

This is Sly Stallone
Sylvester_Stallone_Cannes_2019.jpg

This is Sly Stallone in Rambo 5
rambolastbloodpn.jpg

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

This is Neo
Keanu-Reeves-5939c06.jpg

This is Keanu Reeves
1200px-Reuni%C3%A3o_com_o_ator_norte-americano_Keanu_Reeves_%2846806576944%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

This is Keanu Reeves in Matrix 4
249dfebc00d82d326677a53ab134c936
[/SPOILER]

I get the analogy but i think there was 10 years between the Rambos and going to be 20 between the Matrixes (Matricies).

People can get haircuts especially in John Rambos case, he was rocking a real south east asian expat look in Rambo, then a rancher look in Last Blood.

The Matrix one will be odd, if i recall the first one your appearance in the matrix is essentially a projection of yourself, would seem odd to choose to make yourself look like a 90s Seattle bass player AND if they have the real world element as well Keanu shaved everything (eyebrows included) for those scenes, for consistency hed need to do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back