Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

godfather 2

nothing much to say really. my wife talked less and less as the movie went on which meant she must have been engaged. you can quickly get lost, but the way the movie twists you to mentally connect who said or did what to some other character who did or said some thing, is a feature.
de niro flashbacks really set the scene, the beginnings but also the weird and confusing honour.

a central theme also being a man with so much power but has nothing over the one he loves.

i seen #3 some time ago, wife never. wife especially keen to see it for sofia's efforts. francis' commentary on the dvd could be interesting alongside that.

Made the mistake of watching Anyone But You.
Terrible cliched Hollywood rubbish. 0 stars.
Agree with this. Dire. Sweeney looked like she phoned it in. Zero chemistry with Powell.

Agree with this. Dire. Sweeney looked like she phoned it in. Zero chemistry with Powell.
Wow.

I mean I enjoyed it but can see how others wouldn’t but the chemistry comment is insane. The media went absolutely wild with speculation about both of them hooking up irl and the chemistry on screen showed that.

The movie reminded me of the rom com movies we used to have 10-15 years ago before all these streaming services took over.

A good movie to watch with the misso or a situationship.

Plus it was filmed in Australia.

And has a cool song to associate it to.

Did I also mention Sydney Sweeney? Feel like I haven’t mentioned her in this thread yet.

Wow.

I mean I enjoyed it but can see how others wouldn’t but the chemistry comment is insane. The media went absolutely wild with speculation about both of them hooking up irl and the chemistry on screen showed that.
No the PR machine went wild. I think your insane comment is insane ..as if it’s that hard to believe.

Sisu 8/10

Former Finnish commando takes on the Nazis. Team were heavily influenced by John Wick, Inglorious Basterds and Rambo in this 91 minute action thriller. Already talk of a possible sequel. Lapland makes a wonderful backdrop to this film.

At Geelong beachfront market today there was a young couple selling cakes. They had a Finnish flag on display so I asked them if they had seen Sisu. They said they watched it last week. They are planning to start a family and will name their first child Sisu-something or other. The cakes were awesome too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Quiet Place: Day One

Not bad. If you're familiar with the first 2 movies then you'll have some idea what to expect here. Being a prequel set before the world got wiped out it's, a bigger scale than the earlier movies with the monsters arriving in very-crowded Manhattan.

Pretty solid movie, but not on a par with the first one which I loved, and probably slightly below the second, too. You can see it trying to generate that same kind of tension, but it doesn't always succeed. A lot of the imagery is quiet clearly intended to evoke 9/11 with dust-covered survivors shuffling through New York streets etc. Good running time at only 100 minutes so it doesn't feel like it's getting bogged down and there isn't time for the pacing to drop away too much at any point.

It felt like there was a lack of logic about some parts of it and I swear that goddamn cat was heavily drugged if not actually dead, so if you're an animal rights kind of person then this might not be for you. But overall I thought it was a worthy entry in the series, although the fact that each movie so far as not quiet lived up to the one before does make you wonder if they should stop pushing their luck.
Dude, the cat was the star!

my cat would've had us all killed in 1 second.

MEOOOOWWWIE!!

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yehhhhhh nah. Even the most critical reviews I saw praised the chemistry between them. To each their own.
Not sure about that ..quite a few disagree..maybe a better actress could’ve done better with an ordinary script. She was terrible in White Lotus as well

IMG_5221.jpeg

Not sure about that ..quite a few disagree..maybe a better actress could’ve done better with an ordinary script. She was terrible in White Lotus as well

View attachment 2042240

Yeah her acting is so wooden in most things I've seen her in. Just delivers every line in a monotone voice.
Yeh, have seen the criticism of her quite a bit. Cant really say it bothers me personally (shes also been very very good in Euphoria doing alot more work).

Anyway, Anyone But You is a throwaway Rom Com that did EXTREMELY well at the box office and has generally been favourably received by audiences. Im not surprised some people didnt like it (im generally not a rom com person) but i completely disagree about the leads chemistry.

Yeh, have seen the criticism of her quite a bit. Cant really say it bothers me personally (shes also been very very good in Euphoria doing alot more work).

Anyway, Anyone But You is a throwaway Rom Com that did EXTREMELY well at the box office and has generally been favourably received by audiences. Im not surprised some people didnt like it (im generally not a rom com person) but i completely disagree about the leads chemistry.
It doesnt bother me, just dont think shes a very good actress. Haven't watched Euphoria (my wife loves it though) but like you I listen to the Big Picture Podcast, they were on similar page to Barry re Anyone But You re her performance but said she was more suited to the role in Immaculate.
Im a big fan of cheap & nasty horror films so was keen to see it, but even with that I think they were being very generous, she was not very believable as a scream queen either.....again because of how flat she delivers her lines.

Tag

It's very dumb, a lot of slapstick moments, some funny moments too but not one I'd probably recommend. A generous 3/5
Watched this on a flight to London. Honestly thought it was the perfect plane flick. Wouldn't watch it if I could go do something else but if I'm stuck in a seat for several hours, perfect flick to pass the time.

Silence of the Lambs - first time watching it. I felt it didn’t live up to its reputation. I expected more Hannibal too. 3/5
I've always thought it incredible that Hannibal wasn't supposed to be the main drawcard in that one. That how good the performance was, everyone just thinks of Hopkins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back