Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesnt bother me, just dont think shes a very good actress. Haven't watched Euphoria (my wife loves it though) but like you I listen to the Big Picture Podcast, they were on similar page to Barry re Anyone But You re her performance but said she was more suited to the role in Immaculate.
Im a big fan of cheap & nasty horror films so was keen to see it, but even with that I think they were being very generous, she was not very believable as a scream queen either.....again because of how flat she delivers her lines.
Yeh thats fair. Again, im not necesarily defending HER performance, i just thought her and Powell had great chemistry (to be fair Powell seems to be wonderful in that department if youve seen Hit Man too).

Poor Things

Brilliant 9/10.

Pissed myself laughing the whole way through. Looks great and brilliantly acted.

The cast of Emma Stone, Willem Dafoe and Mark Raffalo knocked it out of the park.
I need to prioritise watching this. The release of Yorgos' latest one reminded me that I'm yet to see this

The Lobster. Bizarre film set in a world where you are turned into an animal of your choice if you don't find a partner in a certain amount of time. Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz. Scores quite well. 7.1 with 82 metacritic score. I don't really like depressing films though so I didn't like it. If you like weird, depressing films then this is for you.

To the many Sydney Sweeney fans I have to quote the great Marty Funkhouser from Curb when commenting on his friends busty new gf…”have you set aside a day when you’re finally going to look at her face?”

To the many Sydney Sweeney fans I have to quote the great Marty Funkhouser from Curb when commenting on his friends busty new gf…”have you set aside a day when you’re finally going to look at her face?”
Lol, yeh shes hideous.

I also assume you look like Brad Pitt in his prime.

Honestly this is lowbrow and pretty dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lobster. Bizarre film set in a world where you are turned into an animal of your choice if you don't find a partner in a certain amount of time. Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz. Scores quite well. 7.1 with 82 metacritic score. I don't really like depressing films though so I didn't like it. If you like weird, depressing films then this is for you.
Fantastic absurd film. Not for everyone I agree.

Get out haha. What do you think is the big reason why there's posters drooling in this thread?

I'll give you a hint, it's not that her face is symmetrical...
I get it, not sure its necessary, the natural implication regarding her career isnt particularly pleasant either.

We can probably move it along

I don't even know what implication you're referring to regarding her career.

You seem to be jumping at implications that don't exist.

I'll have to watch the movie at some point so I can get all the in jokes.
Really? Seems naive, also seems weird to even comment.

In any event i think we can just move on

A Quiet Place: Day One (2024)

It started off OK but was disappointing for most of the rest of it. It wasn't the backstory prequel that we needed. The ending worked but they had to compromise the whole plot to get there. Lupita Nyong'o was good in the lead role, the Joseph Quinn character was written to be lame, Djimon Hounsou in a minor role was wasted.

We didn't learn anything new about the monsters. We didn't see any armed forces response. Apparently no-one owns a gun in New York. Why did thousands of people suddenly decide to walk down the middle of the street? Many scenes with the cat were unrealistic, such as it going underwater and not freaking out. It has the same contrivance as the other two movies - that characters don't work out that if you make a sound then if you quietly move a few metres away you will be safe.

5/10

Rewatched the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy over the weekend for the first time since they were released, excellent. When was the last time Disney made a good live action film outside of a couple of Marvel films?

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back