Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Risky Business is next on the list. I've never heard of American Made.
I've not seen that.

Make sure you watch it, think it's on NF or Stan. Brilliant film.

The Firm is absolutely top tier too, make sure you watch that too.

Tom Cruise is the last of the true "movie stars" barely misses with his films.
Leo?

I've not seen that.

Make sure you watch it, think it's on NF or Stan. Brilliant film.

The Firm is absolutely top tier too, make sure you watch that too.

Leo?
Don’t look Up, Gatsby (although I loved it), Revolutionary Road and Gangs of New York (again, I loved it).

I think too Leo is more of an “Actor” looking to work with great directors.

Tom really gave up acting years ago to just be himself in stuff he really enjoys doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Gun Maverick

Am I an action movie girlie now?? It was awesome. Way more actiony than the first one and I have sweaty pits now from all the tension.
Since you a Cruise and action fanatic now, the Mission Impossible series is worth it. The first 3-4 are abit rough and dated but then the last 3-4 start putting together a complete story linking them.

I watched all of them for the first time 6 months ago, it was enjoyable action fun.

Since you a Cruise and action fanatic now, the Mission Impossible series is worth it. The first 3-4 are abit rough and dated but then the last 3-4 start putting together a complete story linking them.

I watched all of them for the first time 6 months ago, it was enjoyable action fun.
They might be TOO actiony but I’ll give em a go

Only really 2 is dated tbh.

1 is still a world class old school espionage thriller and proper psycho sexual de Palma film (cruise has more weird sexual chemistry with Vanessa Redgrave than any leading lady ever).

3 is the Brad Bird one with PSH as the villain.

Granted those 3 feel very different in tone to 4 onwards (which is now the template) but 1 and 3 are still really good

Greyhound

This was an interesting one, almost felt more of a documentary than a movie. Only comes in at about 80 mins once you take out the time for the credits.

Tom Hanks was really good in it. Overall: short, sharp and engaging. Don't think it'll be one that sticks in the memory but don't regret watching it.

6.5/10

Tom Cruise is a nutbag, but he makes good movies. The 2 Top Guns are great. But some of his Sci Fi work is up there with his best. Edge of Tomorrow, Minority Report, Oblivion. Even his War of The Worlds was pretty decent.

Personally I cgaf if an actor or actress gets nude or not.

Me neither I just consider it part of someone's reputation. Tom Cruise runs, JCVD does the splits, Sydney Sweeney gets her top off.

It's also part of the trends of cinema. Like action stars disappeared and adult rated action with them, so did the erotic thriller and the big name actress that does them.

People automatically assume there's some weird stuff going on because I comment on it, and the inference that all reference to nudity is inherently sexual and pervy and makes people uncomfortable. It's an aesthetically pleasing part of watching a movie I guess, movies are a visual experience, and it shows someones commitment to a role, but that's as far as I'll take it. So is Nic Cage's hairdo in Con Air. To me if people think it's creepy or weird, it reflects more on them, and I don't think it should be taboo.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back