Whats the truth behind Kellaways dismissal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer Terry, Kellaway is a legend gun player, but i think your a bit harsh on tivendale, yes he can look on the outside and has lloked a bit soft over the years. But this year he was our 3rd best tackler 71 tackles the best he has had in any year and has improved his hardball gets, I think he is better then what people think he is.

Cheers

I think Tivendale is a liability. His decision making is bad, and his kicking is not as good as everybody thinks. He makes a lot of clangers and turnovers.

Worst of all, he goes missing when the pressure is on, he craps himself....SOFT, and if it wasn't for his pace, he would have been gone years ago.

I'm tired of people saying Chubba was a bad kick. 90% of the time his kicking was fine. He may have turned over the ball once every second game by foot, but so do most players. It wasn't his fault he had to kick to a pack of players out of defence on many occasions during the Frawley years. Weren't many options to kick to then. How often would Chubba kick truly when having a shot for goal? 90%. I've been at most of his games and always thought he was a pretty reliable kick. It was his brother who couldn't kick

Some turkey here said Duncan was a dud . . . you've got a short memory. The way the game was played in Dunc's day (and it has changed considerably since) he was a superb tagger, and nullified many an opposition gun, including Wayne Carey on occaisions. As the game became faster and disposal more important, sure, it went past him, but watch some games from 1994-1998 and see dunc at his best! You can't judge past players by today standards, he WAS terrific. But courage doesn't count for as much as it used to in footy. Was it 1998 or 1999 where Dunc's humourously kicked our first 2 goals of the season? He actually led the goalkicking at punt road for half a match!

As for Andy . . . poor guy got hammered about disposal because of being Dunc's brother. He was far far better! Did anyone else notice, if he had a shot for goal, 40m out near the boundry on the wrong side for a right footer, it always seemed to go through?

As you saw against Sydney at the dome, even if he wasn't in long term plans . . . you can't expect the younger guys to come on straight away. I feel we needed him for another year, he wasn't a matchwinner, but not detrimental to the team. You can have all the run out of the backline, but you still need a big body to drop back in front of Barry Hall.

I reckon McGuane will be great, but not next year. Can't expect too much from Thursfield coming back from a knee. Is Gaspar the only strong body down back? And he's not a tall. Polak should be good but he's skinny. One more year for Kella and let the other bloked bulk up. Oh well, done and dusted.

Andy deserved better, and so did Richmond i reckon. If that's how you treat players like andy, then maybe footy's no good any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the truth behind Kellaways dismissal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back