News What's Your Decision?

Remove this Banner Ad

Always done it at pubs - no-one I know has a problem with it, but you're right, it's not a rule lol

It does make sense to allow more room for a kicker when it is a free kick for out of bounds on the full or deliberate - different story if it was a mark - but I feel a team should be rewarded a free kick, not given a kick from a stupid angle with zero room for run up

Correct me if I am wrong,wouldn't the fact that the umpire marked the spot for Lynch to stand for the mark and then Lynch proceeds to move to the left 1 1/2 metres off the point before Balantyne kicks the ball ,forcing Ballantyne to move to the new mark set by Lynch. Lynch should have been made to receive a 50 metre penalty. now that would have set the cat amongst the pigeons,surely he wouldn't have missed. Lynch moved off the mark,that's a 50 metre penalty in my book.

The umpire sets the mark and directs the player with the ball back in a straight line from the centre of the goals. The player with the ball is required to kick from behind the point of the mark on the line set by the umpire for 'play on' not to be called. If the player on the mark moves 5m sideways or backwards then the player with the ball can simply kick from the point of the mark without penalty.

Also, is there any rule that says we could not have put Cox on the mark with Naitanui standing on his shoulders?

I don't know about a rule, but I seem to remember the establishment not being impressed a while ago when a player sat on another player's shoulders on the goal line when the other team was having a shot.

It would take too long to organise anyway, because you'd have to draw NicNat a map.

Remove this Banner Ad

News What's Your Decision?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back