Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
[YOUTUBE]JoI6YSmb7QA[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoI6YSmb7QA

Collingwood: 2.3 / 3.5 / 5.6 / 10.8 (68)
Hawthorn: 2.4 / 4.7 / 7.11 / 9.11 (65)
Goals
Collingwood: 3 Cloke, 3 Dawes, 1 Ball, Swan, Jolly, Davis
Hawthorn: 3 Franklin, 1 Guerra, Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Rioli, Puopolo

Simple put: The game of the year.

Travis Cloke was a beast in the 4th quarter.

Don't think the intensity will be anything like the prelim, but I reckon we're in for another blockbuster.

I dare say we will be - I think the Hawks be more up for this game then the Pies

I think both sides will still be smarting, the Hawks for losing the prelim and us for losing the Grand Final would have been burning motivation throughout the entire summer and both sides will be itching to get out there to begin to atone for it but I don't think who the opponents were is such a big deal.

Doesn't matter how much Hawthorn is still pissy about blowing their chance last year against us, the better side on the night will win. Likewise when we oppose the Cats. :cool:

Personally what I would like to see us do in big games until fellow top 4 teams is not care who they are, what jumper they are wearing and what has happened in the past as it all means jack shit, what I care about is ruthlessly inflicting our game plan on the opposition no matter if it's Geelong or GWS...

That's what great sides do. Got no fear about the Hawks or how pissed they may be about what happened last year, let's flog them and rub it in a bit and gain some confidence back. :)

They are only even there when they have the ball and that's when it's time to rub their nose in the dirt and get it back.

Cloke to have another strong outing against them. However Buddy will be even better. IT's going to be a tough game for us to win without Tarrant.

Cloke to have another strong outing against them. However Buddy will be even better. IT's going to be a tough game for us to win without Tarrant.
Tarrant will play, trust me on this, the club have been preparing him to play round one, he will play this weekend and then he will take on Buddy.

Didak, Beams and Johnson are less likely to play then Taz.

We can win, the Hawks have no rucks, and their backline is still weak, reliant on the likes of Gibson who under pressure simply shits himself, like he did in the prelim last year.

Also, Guerra and Chance are still running around, and let's just say you could see the brown patches on their shorts in that last quarter also.

If we lose, we'll lose by a kick, and come out of it with plenty of positives, we are still the best team, have no doubts about it.

Oh, and that was the game of the year, it's a crying shame one terrible game (Sydney vs GWS) and one largely irrelevant game (Rich v Carl) are on before us.

I'm with you there sirlothie. I don't get this trepidation towards the Hawks. Oh noes we might not have Tarrant!!! Reid is a more than handy match up for Franklin and their other talls hardly strike me with fear. Thats not being disrespectful. I respect Hawthorn but I think we have the team to defeat them Taz or not.

Read article on the age, Walsh mentioned Taz is 50/50, might stuggle if maxie doesnt get up aswell

I hope to god we dont play keefe

Read article on the age, Walsh mentioned Taz is 50/50, might stuggle if maxie doesnt get up aswell

I hope to god we dont play keefe

Yeah, there's a similar article in the Herald Sun, same comments from Walsh saying that Tarrant had been off his feet for so long that the club has to manage his training so not to induce an injury of some sort.

It seems he isn't coming along like we'd hoped.:(

I think there has been a lot of hype for the Hawks this pre season. I don't fear them. They have a very good list and coach and are well run but are not as good as us I believe. I would far from cede this game to them. I expect to win and will be unhappy if we don't.

Happy with our pre season and esp with the preps of Jolly, Cloke, Reid, Pendles, Swan, Daisy and Ball who are our cream. Hawks game will be our 1st win of many this year. I want top spot after round 22 and a flag this year. 2013 will then be the year we stake a spot to be considered up with the really great teams, Geelong 2007-11 included.

Thats what I reckon of our current list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are not going to beat Hawthorn. Hawks are flying right now and we have had too many players with interrupted preseasons.

Even Rodney Eade told me we might struggle against them so how the hell can i be confident lol

Because as good as the Hawks list is ours is better. Flying in the NAB cup doesn't mean that much and our gun players are in the main well prepared. Its the Clokes,Swans and Pendleburys etc that bring out he best in the team. Those types have had ideal pre seasons and should hit the ground running.

The significance of NAB cup form will last about a quarter. I expect by 1/4 time we will be in the match up to our ears and no one will be thinking the Hawks have our measure

Because as good as the Hawks list is ours is better. Flying in the NAB cup doesn't mean that much and our gun players are in the main well prepared. Its the Clokes,Swans and Pendleburys etc that bring out he best in the team. Those types have had ideal pre seasons and should hit the ground running.

The significance of NAB cup form will last about a quarter. I expect by 1/4 time we will be in the match up to our ears and no one will be thinking the Hawks have our measure

you are right, our list is better but im saying that our preparation may hurt us going into the first few rounds where the Hawks havent really had this issue.

you are right, our list is better but im saying that our preparation may hurt us going into the first few rounds where the Hawks havent really had this issue.

Yeah I understand but I reckon class will often prevail nonetheless. I dont think our prep has been bad and like the idea our peak is down the track. Even so I think we can match the Hawks now

we are not going to beat Hawthorn. Hawks are flying right now and we have had too many players with interrupted preseasons.

Even Rodney Eade told me we might struggle against them so how the hell can i be confident lol

When did you talk to Rocket?

I want top spot after round 22 and a flag this year. 2013 will then be the year we stake a spot to be considered up with the really great teams, Geelong 2007-11 included.

Thats what I reckon of our current list

That's all a foregone conclusion really. I'm more concerned with the 2015 finals series and how we'll manage players leading into it.

;)

Seriously though, I share your optimism about the list. But let's just focus on this year! Haha.

I agree with your sentiments there. I think Buddy looks better this year already and we're still getting our best guys out on the track. But to balance it out a bit, we should remember that we had hit the wall weeks before the prelim against the Hawks and still beat them running on fumes and heart. Of the real contenders they are arguably in better form right now, but we can do them without us having to be in top form as the prelim showed. I like the way it could unfold for us.

I agree with your sentiments there. I think Buddy looks better this year already and we're still getting our best guys out on the track. But to balance it out a bit, we should remember that we had hit the wall weeks before the prelim against the Hawks and still beat them running on fumes and heart. Of the real contenders they are arguably in better form right now, but we can do them without us having to be in top form as the prelim showed. I like the way it could unfold for us.
I totally agree with this. We were seriously underprepared in the Prelim and I can't see that happening now. Sure we have a couple of players missing but Hawthorn's list just doesn't compare to ours. Pies by 20+

Remove this Banner Ad

When last they met: Pies v Hawthorn PF 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back