Preview Round 16 vs. Gold Coast, PFS, 4:35pm Saturday 29/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know?

I was referring to the backline. I figured we’d keep Dean in because we need 3 talls back there
Lukosious doesn’t really play like a KPP, more a 3rd tall, and he’s only got 4cm on Howe. Jezza will cover him no probs.

Don't women get it? You don't think it's a bit sexist considering the times in which we live?

One hypothesis I heard years ago is that apparently mothers typically give more sympathy to their sons when they get sick compared with what they give their daughters.

So men kinda get preconditioned act up more when they get sick.

Women are preconditioned to tough it out.

Oh for the 70's when you looked at the fixture and took a deep breath knowing the four points were locked away for at least one more week. There were three or four games like that every year for the Pies but now every bloody week is a tense toss up depending on injuries and attitude- things over which we have no control. So, we hold our breath and go again.

Come on, boys! Don't drop your bundle.

I noticed 10 minutes after he come on he was absolutely gassed and walking around with his hands on his hips.

Not sure how normal that is
He does look knackered after one or two consecutive efforts. I wonder if this is holding him back. Earlier in the year against the Saints, I thought he'd overcome his "tank" problems but I'm not so sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed 10 minutes after he come on he was absolutely gassed and walking around with his hands on his hips.

Not sure how normal that is

This issue with Reef has been going on - commented on? - for four years now. I don’t understand it. Is it a real thing, that an AFL athlete, in the system for this long, can still struggle with fitness?

Really feel for the guy, but he can’t seem to hold his place.

This issue with Reef has been going on - commented on? - for four years now. I don’t understand it. Is it a real thing, that an AFL athlete, in the system for this long, can still struggle with fitness?

Really feel for the guy, but he can’t seem to hold his place.
I think he'll leave if he gets offers. Same with Finn.

Their managers would be advising them to I think.

One hypothesis I heard years ago is that apparently mothers typically give more sympathy to their sons when they get sick compared with what they give their daughters.

So men kinda get preconditioned act up more when they get sick.

Women are preconditioned to tough it out.
Stupid hypothesis that’s been disproven by actual science.

Reef has only ever shown glimpses of what might be in the future. Same with Fin.

Unlike Harrison, Richards and Sullivan already this year, they are still yet to put in four-quarter performances that demand continued selection. After four years in the system, they both need to be showing a lot more than glimpses of future potential. They should both be having meaningful regular impacts on matches right now.

I’m still hopeful that it will all come together for Reef over the remainder of this season and next. The glimpses that he has shown are much more exciting and compelling than Fin’s.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know I’m being petulant, but I’m kinda sick of hearing about Reef’s tank - or lack of. That’s why I asked if it’s a real thing, as in a physiological problem that we seem to have trouble fixing. The alternative would be it’s an effort or exercise thing, but again it’s been going on for years.

I know I’m being petulant, but I’m kinda sick of hearing about Reef’s tank - or lack of. That’s why I asked if it’s a real thing, as in a physiological problem that we seem to have trouble fixing. The alternative would be it’s an effort or exercise thing, but again it’s been going on for years.

His lack of endurance might just be a bigfooty myth, with him not playing mid because hes not that good in there, but some of those explosive types do seem to take a fair while to become mids - Degoey, Trac, Rayner - Rankine is still only part time.

This week has been one of the toughest in my life, I lost my dad Monday and the rest has been a blur. RIP Dad
Some good ins here and not surprised with the outs.
Tough game on the Gold Coast but the boys will get it done.
Pies by 35
Mihocek 4 snags

This week has been one of the toughest in my life, I lost my dad Monday and the rest has been a blur. RIP Dad
Some good ins here and not surprised with the outs.
Tough game on the Gold Coast but the boys will get it done.
Pies by 35
Mihocek 4 snags
Condolences mate. Hope we can put in a performance to honour your Dad. RIP.

My first response to the news that Reef was considering a trade to Melbourne, who were interested in him, was “why would he think he would get more opportunity at Melbourne, given we’ve been more than willing to play him in seniors… aside from when he had a concussion, a dislocated shoulder, etc.?”

Then I remembered it was Melbourne, and the condition in which they are prepared to put players on the field, and it all fell into place.

lil-yachty-drake.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back