When will Freo cave in thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

they won't cave because harvey too stubborn to see a fair deal when he sees it.

screw fremantle, pick up warnock in psd after he tells melbourne and everyone else where to go, and that's beautiful for us.

can warnock do that n tell everyone else to piss off so he comes to us..what if freemantle cave and ryan okeefe goes through n says he wants to come to us..can he do the same n tell the other teams to piss off?..

is getting him PSD a realistic chance or are we hoping abit here?? can someone explain to me how it would work, he puts a massive price on his head.....is this to suggest the other clubs cant match our offer to him i dno i jst find that unlikely

is getting him PSD a realistic chance or are we hoping abit here?? can someone explain to me how it would work, he puts a massive price on his head.....is this to suggest the other clubs cant match our offer to him i dno i jst find that unlikely

Swanny or Icke I think said that the Blues had thought about this option. Warnock's manager has said also that he thinks this would work. Basically the two parties just negotiate a contract which prices him out of the reach of other clubs. Maybe 600,000 over 1 year. Then, at a later date, they sign an extension worth considerably less and over the three years his average works out the same as our initial offer.

Trouble is, I don't think there is a figure that would put him out of reach of Freo or Essendon.

I could well be wrong though.

Swanny or Icke I think said that the Blues had thought about this option. Warnock's manager has said also that he thinks this would work. Basically the two parties just negotiate a contract which prices him out of the reach of other clubs. Maybe 600,000 over 1 year. Then, at a later date, they sign an extension worth considerably less and over the three years his average works out the same as our initial offer.

Trouble is, I don't think there is a figure that would put him out of reach of Freo or Essendon.

I could well be wrong though.

the bummers wouldnt pay that much for a ruckman when they have got hill and have just signed laycoock for 2 years so its very likely we could pick him up psd

a club is not going to draft someone that doesn't want to be there. They may be able to pay the price that he puts on his head but if he has had no contact with them they aren't just going to draft a player that doesn't want to be there

so stuff Freo they get pick 24 or nothing..... I think I'd know what i would do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have painted themselves into a corner. Harvey is too weak of an individual to swallow his pride. He'll be off to the PSD, and Freo wil lose a valuable 2nd round pick. If we didn't know it before, we now know Freo are a joke of a football Club. AFL should consider merging them with the Weagles and giving the license to a new Tassie team. Would save the AFL a lot of headaches. :)

Freo wont cave in it's already 10.30am and good on them for making a stand even though it was a bad move. Warnock is going into the PSD we keep #6 and #24 and Wornock might get to us for nothing. It's really a bad situation for Freo, they cant back down now because then everyone is gonig to be laughing at them.

^^ they will be a bigger joke for losing him for nothing, than for accepting 24 + small sweetener and saying they had little option.

Even if we don't get Warnock, how funny would it be if 24 turned out to be an absolute gun?

I have complete confidence in our recruiting team to find a good player at 24. Grigg and Bower were around that mark in weaker drafts. Maybe we can even get our hands on one of these WA talent that Freo supporters think are magically gathering around that mark, lol.

So either way we are ok.....Freo can be ok, or they can be big losers.

^^ they will be a bigger joke for losing him for nothing, than for accepting 24 + small sweetener and saying they had little option.

As you know Gilly, a club could rank a player at 10, and they could still be around at 24, given the eveness of the players from 10-30 in this years draft. Their stance here on this issue is an absolute joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back