When will the talented young Blues get their 2nd win for 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gunnar Longshanks

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Veteran 10k Posts
May 9, 2005
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Drummoyne Dirty Reds
Tough run coming up for the Blues:

R6: Collingwood (MCG)

R7: Essendon (MCG)

R8: St. Kilda (MCG)

R9: Adelaide (AAMI)

R10: Port (TD)

R11: WC (Subi)

A couple of winnable games, but Essendon and Port are fading heavyweights who will be desperate for wins against weaker opposition.

• Banned
Paracetamol Merchant said:
they have a shot against the dons.
They have a shot in each of the next three weeks.

But all of Collingwood, Essendon and St. Kilda will be looking to really tee off on the Blues and make a statement.

I don't think Carlton are going to catch many teams napping over the next month or so.

that's the best time to beat teams..
when they think that there's an easy win when playing us
having said that we are understandably long shots at winning any of those games.
i think that we'll snatch a few from some unsuspecting opponents at some stage this year.
it will probably be against the eagles... hehe :)

K

• Banned
klompie333 said:
that's the best time to beat teams..
when they think that there's an easy win when playing us
But I don't think it will pan out like that.

It won't be a case of those sides taking you lightly.

It'll be a case of them really wanting to produce their best football and smash you.

94_Eagles said:
Kangaroos have far less talent.
Kangas are far more even.
94_Eagles said:
Lions are also quite the rabble.
They're struggling right now, but they'll still grind out at least 8 wins this season.
94_Eagles said:
Bombers without their captain are lost, also.
Have you watched any of their games this season?

They've been pretty competitive. They've lost 4 games by an average of 12 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Which teams are more likely to win the spoon than Carlton?

They're deserved favourites at this stage.

Hard to imagine anyone losing enough games to finish below the Blues and that's what it will amount to , other tams losing as opposed to Carlton winning.However they are a definite chance this week.Atrocious against Richmond but only went down by 8. They always seem to trouble Collingwood and if the Pies don't have their minds right then they will get beaten.

Gunnar Longshanks said:
Tough run coming up for the Blues:

R6: Collingwood (MCG)

R7: Essendon (MCG)

R8: St. Kilda (MCG)

R9: Adelaide (AAMI)

R10: Port (TD)

R11: WC (Subi)

Will be tough... but I've pencilled the Pies, Essendon and Port games in as "should wins". We've beaten the Crows at AAMI 2 years back, and should have beaten them last year... certainly a possibility. The Saint's will be a challenge.... but I'm tipping an upset. Weagles at Subi is very very hard. Interesting how the AFL doesn't let us play them in Melbourne isn't it - last 2 encounters in Melbourne, the Blues inflicted some heavy losses on the Weagles. In Melbourne I'd pencil it in as a "should win", because our strengths worry the Weagles ie lots of KP forward talent V Weagles panicky-fragile backline. Over at Subi, the Blues need to contend with the 4-goal home town free kick factor, and a ground suited to the Weagles midfielder-only structure ie playing wide, indirect, high possession footy, without much direct physical contest. JW has had a recent tendency to flood the Blues forward line, to good effect e.g last year. Subi matchs don't mean much though. The Blues have been a little unlucky so far... should have beaten Freo, Swans and the Tiges - all very close games. Blues still playing well below their capability which is a positive ie huge upside. Denis's challenge is whether he can get his young side to play consistent footy in the coming weeks. :)

Carlton a chance against St Kilda?

LMFAO, when was the last time the rabble got within 10 goals.

Spoon number 3 coming up for the Blues (as I predicted preseason but was laughed at by Carlton supporters).

JeffDunne said:
Carlton a chance against St Kilda?

LMFAO, when was the last time the rabble got within 10 goals.

Spoon number 3 coming up for the Blues (as I predicted preseason but was laughed at by Carlton supporters).
where did you predict Collingwood to finish. It was either you or your "friend" ( you know, the one who deserted you on here last week) who said we'd be languishing near the bottom. We may still do so, but I'd be interested to see where you thought we'd finish this year (your pre season thoughts)

I think the Bombers are playing better this year than last, and still managed to beat the Blues by 17 goals last time they played - and have Carlton really improved THAT much since that game? Good luck on that 17 goal turn-around... I encourage most to tip the "Talented Young Blues with their exciting KP Forward talent" against us though, seriously!

Remove this Banner Ad

When will the talented young Blues get their 2nd win for 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back