If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong winning the flag and their dominance since 2007 makes the AFL akin to the EPL.

They are the only club with their own home stadium bigger than the SCG and are given special treatment than any other clubs in the league.

the MCG grand final agreement, the statistically unignorable Victorian premiership dominance is likely to continue.
They really should hold the grand final in other states for once.
I'm sure we'd all be shocked at how impossible that would make it for a Victorian team to EVER win it.
Oh...hang on...

For all you interstate type people out there. Geelong is not based in Melbourne. Thus they like you, will have no advantage in the coming weeks. It will be a almighty premiership if Geelong can overcome these rampaging out of towners.
Bingo!

Out of towners are all that remain.

It's quite complicated to track whether interstaters hate Geelong more, less or the same amount as the Melbourner's.

Cotton On sponsorship, home ground advantage, drawing West Coast in the final round of the H&A season twice in 2 years

We have our own sponsor? That IS a major bonus for us compared to all the other clubs who get by on goodwill and buskers. I also didn’t know that the likes of Collingwood didn’t have their own home ground.

Where do you guys play all your games? Do you just host interstate sides at interstate grounds? That’s interesting. Where do you play Geelong at?

God we have it easy don’t we.

Next thing you know we will lose a final and that soft preparation against West Coast will be what cost us, what do you think?

God you’re insightful. Can you put out a newsletter so we can all subscribe to it? It will be hard to read with all the tear stains, of course - ink tends to run when moisture is applied - but gee it will make for in depth reading. You truly are the Neville Cardus of the AFL

Geelong winning the flag and their dominance since 2007 makes the AFL akin to the EPL.

They are the only club with their own home stadium bigger than the SCG and are given special treatment than any other clubs in the league.
Just like the EPL except things like the salary cap, equalisation, reduced player movement capacity, Geelong's lack of a) historical dominance or b) being successful due to buy out by a rich conglomerate.

Besides that and 1000 other factors, the AFL is exactly like the EPL.

Geelong and Sydney have shared 6 premierships in the AFL era, while the Manchester clubs have shared 21 in that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo!

Out of towners are all that remain.

It's quite complicated to track whether interstaters hate Geelong more, less or the same amount as the Melbourner's.
Think I'm going to get on the Geelong bandwagon. It's all that remains of the Vicbias. Tell me, whome from the cats shall I adopt as 'my man' for remaking weeks?

They really should hold the grand final in other states for once.
I'm sure we'd all be shocked at how impossible that would make it for a Victorian team to EVER win it.
Oh...hang on...
Every 2nd GF should be interstate. The sooner we move to fully nationalising the comp, the sooner we can remove all of the conveniant excuses other teams create for simply not being good enough.

You’ve got to get past possibly the Giants, who seem to be able to win with ease at your home ground.
Giants do play well against the Cats, I think Giants would be favoured to win.

GWS are the only side remaining that I can see troubling Geelong

Sydney on paper should, but they have mental scars & I can't recall Heeney ever playing well against the Cats

Pretty sure Geelong belted Brisbane last time they met in a final too
I think this season has shown though that history can mean nothing, but I agree on GWS being a threat for cats. Lions could win as well, but I think Cats probably match up better on Lions than Giants.

A Sydney vs Geelong Grand Final will be at the MCG due to the MCG contract. Also 1st vs 3rd has been the most common grand final matchup since 2000

2000: Essendon (1st) vs Melbourne (3rd)
2003: Brisbane (3rd) vs Collingwood (2nd)
2007: Geelong Cats (1st) vs Port Adelaide (3rd)
2010: Collingwood (1st) vs St Kilda (3rd)
2012: Hawthorn (1st) vs Sydney Swans (3rd)
2013: Hawthorn (1st) vs Fremantle (3rd)
2017: Adelaide Crows (1st) vs Richmond (3rd)
2022: Geelong Cats (1st) vs Sydney Swans (3rd)

8 of the last 23 AFL Grand Finals since 2000 has been 1st vs 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back