List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

They will play Fyfe forward
Fyfe himself admits he’s “struggled” with the “split role” as a mid-forward, and boldly declared his time as a forward is over.

“For over a decade I’ve honed by craft as a midfielder,” he said.

“That experiment of playing forward… It’s officially over – I’m a midfielder and that’s where I’m playing.”

Josh Caddy has retired.

season 6 episode 10 GIF

Will Brodie career game just in time for his revenge match with Stuart dew

Also greenwood suckssssss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie will end up being worse than Lyons.
Quite an eye for talent our Stew
Dew: "Brodie can't run out 90% of the game so he doesn't deserve a role in the team"

Brodie tonight: 37 touches @ 90% DE, 4 marks, 4 clearances in 67% TOG

A good coach figures out how to utilise a players talents, rather than overreact to weaknesses. Took Longmuir 3 rounds to figure out what Dew couldn't in 4 years.

Dew: "Brodie can't run out 90% of the game so he doesn't deserve a role in the team"

Brodie tonight: 37 touches @ 90% DE, 4 marks, 4 clearances in 67% TOG

A good coach figures out how to utilise a players talents, rather than overreact to weaknesses. Took Longmuir 3 rounds to figure out what Dew couldn't in 4 years.
Absolute indictment on Dew he's the classic coach who ruins players confidence because he's fixated on what they can't do.
Seriously does anyone still remember him justifying delisting Lyons saying that allowed us to get Greenwood!!
Seriously you couldn’t make this clown show up.

Thank you for Brodie, guys! He’s been immense for us, especially with Fyfe out. Good luck for the game next week! Metricon hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for us for a while, so hoping we front up well. Cheers!

Absolute indictment on Dew he's the classic coach who ruins players confidence because he's fixated on what they can't do.
Seriously does anyone still remember him justifying delisting Lyons saying that allowed us to get Greenwood!!
I've really lost my patience with it.

I'm stoked to see Brodie, Lyons and Wright do well at other clubs for their own careers, but when even casual observers can see that he's wrong so often and so consistently, it just becomes a point of frustration with the club.

I've preached for years how good Brodie could be given a chance and to see him already establish himself, 6 games in at a new, top 4 club, is so ****ing frustrating when our glaring weakness in the midfield right now is a big bodied, contested player.

Honestly I still think Fiorini is also capable of massive numbers and higher impact if they would play him onball rather than a wing or half forward too but that's a conversation for another time - likely when he gets traded to another club that starts playing him in his correct position.

Last night was a tale of 2 players we have let go. Brodie has absolutely thrived, and I am so happy for him, however, serious questions need to be asked of Dew and the coaching staff about why we were never able to get these performances out of Brodie.

Greenwood however, looks absolutely cooked and letting him go now, while annoying at the time, seems to have been the right move. Good for him as well to secure that coin for a couple of extra years.

Its actually funny when you think about it, when dew was a player there was plenty of things he wasn't great at but choco and clarko obviously saw what his strong points were and how they could help his team win a premiership. I'm not as off dew as some others are but I agree that he needs to embrace what some players bring and not write them off when they are down in another area. Although I do remember quite a few on here saying brodie should never get another game for this club after the Adelaide game early last year, maybe we are all a bit quick to judge.

Its actually funny when you think about it, when dew was a player there was plenty of things he wasn't great at but choco and clarko obviously saw what his strong points were and how they could help his team win a premiership. I'm not as off dew as some others are but I agree that he needs to embrace what some players bring and not write them off when they are down in another area. Although I do remember quite a few on here saying brodie should never get another game for this club after the Adelaide game early last year, maybe we are all a bit quick to judge.

There is only one thing we know for sure.

The coaching groups at this club in the last 4 years could not get anything valuable out of Brodie.
The Freo group has done it straight away.

Some part of that is timing (his age) and some part of that is luck to start the season (Freo needed a clearance player with Fyfe out, and the team is playing well which makes it easier to play a role) but the largest part has to be on us as a club.

I still don't u/s why Brodie and 2MP did not play a few games in the Footy Frenzy part of 2020. Other clubs had more players fit and ready to play, we just kept trotting out the same team every 4 or 5 days and lost a few games through fatigue.

There is only one thing we know for sure.

The coaching groups at this club in the last 4 years could not get anything valuable out of Brodie.
The Freo group has done it straight away.

Some part of that is timing (his age) and some part of that is luck to start the season (Freo needed a clearance player with Fyfe out, and the team is playing well which makes it easier to play a role) but the largest part has to be on us as a club.

I still don't u/s why Brodie and 2MP did not play a few games in the Footy Frenzy part of 2020. Other clubs had more players fit and ready to play, we just kept trotting out the same team every 4 or 5 days and lost a few games through fatigue.
Reckon Flanders could go the same way if we don't start playing him, didn't we trade up to get him

Here is our best 22 that have left/been discarded from the club.
With better list management and club culture this 22 would have been competitive for multiple premiership runs, but instead we are watching them dominate at their new clubs. It just makes you sick . (Before you ask Alex Keith was one of our foundation players before he pursued cricket)

B Keith May Saad
HB Hall McKenzie Bennell
C O’merea Brodie Lyons
HF Greenwood Dixon Martin
F Matera lynch Caddy
Foll Hickey, Prestia, Ablett
Interchange Ah Chee, Wright, Scrimshaw, Kolodjashnij

You can’t worry about the guys who wanted to leave
That happens with nearly every Club
The concern is players who would have stayed but were moved on because they were told there was no future for them in a bottom 4 Club and who are now excelling at Clubs that are or have challenged for finals
That isn’t such a long list but it’s compelling
McKenzie
Wright
Lyons
Brodie

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here is our best 22 that have left/been discarded from the club.
With better list management and club culture this 22 would have been competitive for multiple premiership runs, but instead we are watching them dominate at their new clubs. It just makes you sick . (Before you ask Alex Keith was one of our foundation players before he pursued cricket)

B Keith May Saad
HB Hall McKenzie Bennell
C O’merea Brodie Lyons
HF Greenwood Dixon Martin
F Matera lynch Caddy
Foll Hickey, Prestia, Ablett
Interchange Ah Chee, Wright, Scrimshaw, Kolodjashnij
Your right that list makes me sick lol. Its outrageous the amount of talent that we have lost or given away for next to nothing. I always said Brodie deserved more a shot, especially now, he could easily fill Swallow's position. I'm glad Brodie is getting the game time he deserves I just wish it was with the Suns.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back