mandy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2001
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Was talking to some friends at work today, and we were wondering what happens to people after their 15 minutes of fame.

I was most curious as to what ever became of that fantastic band, Koo De Tah. Remember that song "Too young for promises"?

Well, apparently......

Tina Cross has continued to pursue a singing career, largely on stage, in her native New Zealand. Singing the theme to Shortland Street (the Neighbours of NZ) is probably her greatest claim to solo fame, along with her Rocky Horror performances and numerous cabaret appearances.

Leon Berger had recorded a number of solo albums and performed with a self-titled band prior to Koo De Tah, but since the band split he appears to have concentrated on writing and production work. His best-known achievement is still probably Melissa Tkautz's Fresh LP (1992) (to which guitarist Bettison also contributed), which produced the hits 'Read My Lips', 'Sexy Is The Word' and 'Skin To Skin' during the E-Street star's chart vogue, and on which her contribution appeared to start and end at the vocals.

Hang on while I go look up Tina Yothers.......

Tina Yothers has dyed her hair black and is fronting a band in LA somewhere...! LOL

Big question is - what happened to Brian Bonsall? ;)

Jen

Originally posted by mandy5
Hang on while I go look up Tina Yothers.......

She got a nose job and is singing in (what she considers to be) a punk band.

You have a website for this or something?

Find out what happened to that smart little chicken that hung out with Foghorn Leghorn tm. Smartest chicken ever...laid.

Also, I think either Milli or Vanilli died. Which one? And what's the deal with that?

Great post Mandy! I remember them. :)

As for Tina Yothers ("UP YOURS TINA YOTHERS!") she's fronting a band called Jaded. They look pretty crap and shes sporting a Kelly Osbourne haircut last I saw.

Originally posted by Lorelei
Tina Yothers has dyed her hair black and is fronting a band in LA somewhere...! LOL

Big question is - what happened to Brian Bonsall? ;)

Jen

Does she still wear that freaky skin-coloured body suit? Does anyone else remember that??

And I believe young Brian went on to appear in "Star Trek:TNG". :)

Does she still wear that freaky skin-coloured body suit? Does anyone else remember that??

And I believe young Brian went on to appear in "Star Trek:TNG". :)

Certainly did, he played Worf's son.

Originally posted by Lorelei
Big question is - what happened to Brian Bonsall?

He's grown up. He had a small role on 'Star Trek the Next Generation.' He drove the ship sometimes. He had challenging lines such as, "Aye aye, Captain."

Michael Fox developed Parkinson's Disease and spends his days twitching uncontrollably. He draws attention away from this by constantly playing Tina Yothers music.

Justine Bateman got uglier, and a lot of people lost bets because of it.

The guy who played 'Nick?' In a completely uncharacteristic fit of on-going wisdom, Hollywood producers have declined to give this a guy a job. He wanders the streets these days looking quite a bit like an older dejected Nick. If you go up to him and give him a buck, he's willing to say, "Hi, I'm the guy who played Nick."

That's all I know.

The real question is what happened to Erwin 'Skippy' Handleman, played by Marc Price.

He appeared once on Hey Hey Its Saturday milking his bit part on Family Ties for all it's worth.

Andy Warhol got it wrong.. 15 minutes is too long :p

Originally posted by Docker_Brat
The real question is what happened to Erwin 'Skippy' Handleman, played by Marc Price.

He appeared once on Hey Hey Its Saturday milking his bit part on Family Ties for all it's worth.

Andy Warhol got it wrong.. 15 minutes is too long :p

I remember seeing Skippy's stand up show at the Hilton years and years ago. He was as humorous there as he was on the show. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was most curious as to what ever became of that fantastic band, Koo De Tah. Remember that song "Too young for promises"?

Well..I had the pleasure of working with the drummer from Koo Dee Tah three years ago. He was working for this company called Gullawa industries and was one of the backers who invested in the company I was working for. His name was Peter but I cant remember his surname.

We didnt know it was him and when we found out gave him **** about it. He was spun out though when we found "too young for promises" on Napster. Only one user had it.

After that we played everyday until the company folded. Havent seen him since.

Originally posted by Mooster7
He's grown up. He had a small role on 'Star Trek the Next Generation.' He drove the ship sometimes. He had challenging lines such as, "Aye aye, Captain."

Alexander never served aboard the Enterprise, you're thinking of Wesley Crusher. Alexander just lived on the ship so he could spend some quality time with Daddy for a few seasons...

(though he did join the Klingon Defence Force in season 6 (?) of DS9...but as a different actor.)

Oh God I'm a geek...

So much crap going on this board today, it's time for a serious question.

Whatever happened to Eve Plumb after her amazing portrayal in "Dawn: Portrait of a teenage runaway"???

(Hoggy will be pleased to know it also featured John Stamos)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are they now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back