_Me_

Cancelled
Jul 31, 2010
town
AFL Club
Geelong
I am over it.

Blake
I have never been a huge fan, but have no problem with a player taking in messages from coaches and being a team player. Ottens has been off more than on, and so even if he stays it would be a miracle for him to play 10 games. The second rucks are mobile and compete around the ground. Blake has the option of being more valuable than Ottens, waiting for Ottens to be injured and get a game, improve his total game, or just leave. I am sick of reading about what he wants. He got what he wanted in 2007. Let us not forget he sooked, and his family SMSed SEN. Followed by King being transfered out. Happy for him to go, as the only reason he is not playing is his inability to compete around the ground.

Lauren
You are a publicity whore. You need to realise you are nothing without Gazza. You would not be on Postcards. You would not be FOX. You are a good looking chick, but a blah blah media performer.
So you rock up to the footy show, and expect to get asked what? You expect us to believe you and Gaz have not spoken about next year. Or do you and Gaz just share a bed? If you didn't want to get asked about Gaz, don't do any media in the week he is making up his mind. Further all your media is about Gaz, so either do something based on your ability and not the person you sleep with. You are on FOX and chat about a Goctha call with Gaz as the main part.
And why do you not respond to any comments about Gazza. The lies are obvious, and you will come undone.
- You have claimed that you do not know what he is doing
- You claim you will not be moving, for the minute
given you are in the media, use your media brain to handle it

Gazza
- Pickers takes the blame for this fiasco that is your decision making process
- Judas behaviour gets worse the longer it goes on
- If anyone thinks that loyal supporters deserve to be treated in this manner they don't appreciate the emotional attachment people have to their clubs
- For many people in geelong, the Ablett's were like one of the family
- I just hope next week we don't get some lame excuse about wanting to be captain for the reason of departure
- This whole process has been managed to a tee
- The pressure on the club has been huge, and this year has gone wrong (take some responsibility)

Bomber
Where are you? Or are you so angry that you are holding back from unloading?

AFL
- assistant coach poached
- fitness coach poached
- ceo attempted to poach
- general manager attempted to poach
- best player poached
> this is getting to the stage where the AFL needs to understand you can't destroy one club to establish another
> why didn't the AFL have the balls to move North, rather than try to destroy 15 years of work from Costa and Co

The end of this football season can not come quickly enough. As a geelong supporter i congratulate Cook, Balme, Selwood, Bartel, SJ, Chapman, Enright & Co. They played their guts out, and never held the club to ransom.

Next week when Gazza makes his mind up, it will just be blah blah, and i hope he enjoys his Tool of a club.

Re: Where are you At

Mate, you probably summed up many a supporter with your piece. I for one feel the same about the same people and felt as a footy club we have been hunted and attacked from all sides. You were probably a little tough on Lauren but she should learn to stay away from the fire if she doesn't want to get burnt. The mantra of 2007 was all for one and one for all. Take a pay cut to keep the list together but it only had to take one to break the lines for the mantra to start showing holes.

I don't blame anyone for wanting more cash but when is enough, enough.
Ablett won't have to work again no matter where he goes. If he goes north, he will lose plenty of opportunities down in Victoria where the homeland of footy is and always will be so is $1.9M a yr worth it for what he will lose here.

For 3 seasons, we have struggled against zoning , tackling pressure and continued to play the same. It was a good brand of footy but no plan B. The only hint of plan B came in the GF last year when we were in real trouble and started to kick long around the boundaries and won the game by shear will power. Never have I seen a Geelong team win a GF before by willing themselves against the odds.

2011 will show just how good our boys are and how good this coaching panel is. Tough decisions are ahead and for the sake of the team, I hope everyone commits to the future.

If the AFL has knowledge of this and has not told Geelong that is absolutely shameful. Geelong should demand an enquiry into this whole affair, when the contract when signed? Who knew about it?

It has gone beyond just Ablett and is really about the principle. The AFL is putting vague and unproven commercial reasons over intergrity, honesty and fairness.

How can the League, an independent body, collude with another club to undermine another? It is baffling. The apathy from the wider football community is what shocks me.

What a grubby affair it is.

I am over it.

Blake
I have never been a huge fan, but have no problem with a player taking in messages from coaches and being a team player. Ottens has been off more than on, and so even if he stays it would be a miracle for him to play 10 games. The second rucks are mobile and compete around the ground. Blake has the option of being more valuable than Ottens, waiting for Ottens to be injured and get a game, improve his total game, or just leave. I am sick of reading about what he wants. He got what he wanted in 2007. Let us not forget he sooked, and his family SMSed SEN. Followed by King being transfered out. Happy for him to go, as the only reason he is not playing is his inability to compete around the ground.

Lauren
You are a publicity whore. You need to realise you are nothing without Gazza. You would not be on Postcards. You would not be FOX. You are a good looking chick, but a blah blah media performer.
So you rock up to the footy show, and expect to get asked what? You expect us to believe you and Gaz have not spoken about next year. Or do you and Gaz just share a bed? If you didn't want to get asked about Gaz, don't do any media in the week he is making up his mind. Further all your media is about Gaz, so either do something based on your ability and not the person you sleep with. You are on FOX and chat about a Goctha call with Gaz as the main part.
And why do you not respond to any comments about Gazza. The lies are obvious, and you will come undone.

Gazza
- If anyone thinks that loyal supporters deserve to be treated in this manner they don't appreciate the emotional attachment people have to their clubs
- I just hope next week we don't get some lame excuse about wanting to be captain for the reason of departure
- The pressure on the club has been huge, and this year has gone wrong (take some responsibility)

Bomber

AFL
- fitness coach poached
- ceo attempted to poach
- best player poached
> this is getting to the stage where the AFL needs to understand you can't destroy one club to establish another
> why didn't the AFL have the balls to move North, rather than try to destroy 15 years of work from Costa and Co

The end of this football season can not come quickly enough. As a geelong supporter i congratulate Cook, Balme, Selwood, Bartel, SJ, Chapman, Enright & Co. They played their guts out, and never held the club to ransom.

Next week when Gazza makes his mind up, it will just be blah blah, and i hope he enjoys his Tool of a club.
20081112wah.jpg

Such anger, go out and get some fresh air. Stop hating bra.

How can the League, an independent body, collude with another club to undermine another? It is baffling. The apathy from the wider football community is what shocks me.

NRL spring to mind.....look what happened there and did anyone really care? Has it really affected attendances? Are all the Storm fans just like Collingwood fans and feel that the world is against them?

It shocks me too but whilst I am so so so angry at this and disgusted by this behaviour, what exactly am I to do? I don't buy a membership next year, I hurt my club not the AFL. We are pretty stuck tbh....look how we have been royally screwed by the TV rights.....how much have finals tickets gone up and what do the loyal members get....ooohhh a chance to get your tickets on Monday not Wednesday....well thanks....The AFL is a business that cares so little about its Members....the GF is just another example of how the AFL is about Money not the FANS. Unfortunately the AFL is going the way of the EPL and look at the state that is in right now!

I've been ready to jack it all in a couple of times recently over the whole BS situation, but in the end, i'm just going to stick with the club and have faith that no matter how royally we have been (intentionally and systematically) shafted, we will come back bigger and better from this. :thumbsu:

I will still buy a GFC membership and support the club, but the AFL can go and get *insert your own expletive* Im done, I wont support your league, your plastic franchises, buy your friggin burgers, cars or whatever other crap your pedalling in the name of "football" etc.

I know its meaningless and noone cares but its all I can do. Ive got the ammo's playing down the end of my steet, so I know what footy I'll be watching next year.

Oh and Mark Blake can bugger off as well. His piss weak attitude goes against everything Geelong now stands for.

I'm over your posts TMA.
The great propagator of hate.

You have serious issues.

However, in all fairness to you. I didn't even bother reading your post.

If the AFL has knowledge of this and has not told Geelong that is absolutely shameful. Geelong should demand an enquiry into this whole affair, when the contract when signed? Who knew about it?

It has gone beyond just Ablett and is really about the principle. The AFL is putting vague and unproven commercial reasons over intergrity, honesty and fairness.

I agree with this. I take exception to being deliberately deceived by anybody. If the AFL has been complicit in deceiving the GFC, it's players, fans and sponsors then this contemptible behaviour will have demonstrated exactly what it's values are. Same for GA and Pickering if they have been deceptive.

I'm disappointed that the Ablett legend will not conclude at Geelong. Along with his Dad, and Polly Farmer, Ablett could have gone down as one of the club's greatest 3 players of all time, and the single most decorated.

But I don't really harber any resentment towards Gary - it's not his fault. It's the damn AFL. A truly souless beast. If there is a legitimate reason why Judd can get third party payments and Ablett can't I'd be very surprised.

Wonder which out of the Pie's or Saints the AFL will target to get GWS off of the ground with seeing as how they have obviously used Geelong to get the GC17 up and going.

Think it will be the Saints cant see Eddie taking the AFL lead enema that we have suffered at the hands of the GC17

While the great post to kick off this thread rings true, to me its about the symptoms, not the disease. If we accept we are here to win premierships, then I cannot get past this :

Collingwood team we beat in 2009 peliminary final has dropped 7 players out - replace with 2 experienced players via the draft to fill holes in their plan, and 5 young players, for which this is their first solid year in AFL.

We are now in the position they were in last year. Gazza looks gone, so what do we get for him and how do we use it. What is out game plan looking ahead at how teams are playing now?

With all this 'bomber needs a long break', ' thought we needed to change at the start of the year but the players didnt buy in' etc, talk, THIS IS THE DISEASE. It must stop.

Bomber and the coaching staff - if you are not up for the next gameplan and building a team for this (not as long these days in turnaround given the impact of rotations and youth - Malthouse has made it a young man's game) - then move on. You have been magnificent. But the reality is we have been hunted on a range of levels. You know how much energy it will take to plan, adapt the culture (which must be adapted - players cant keep saying if we play our game at its best we win - how much more evidence do they need than last week?) - I think you are over it. If you are do the team thing and move on. If not, then drink some harden the #### up and wade into trade and draft weeks and lets get this show on the road with more than one game plan.

FG/TMA/_me_ - This is a backflip on my behalf, but I think you have nailed it.

I have been wondering why I don't care as much about footy anymore. I think you have answered a few of the questions that have been going around my head.

I can't believe I just typed that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just more of the same old stuff, but structured.

I'm disappointed that the Ablett legend will not conclude at Geelong. Along with his Dad, and Polly Farmer, Ablett could have gone down as one of the club's greatest 3 players of all time, and the single most decorated.

But I don't really harber any resentment towards Gary - it's not his fault. It's the damn AFL. A truly souless beast. If there is a legitimate reason why Judd can get third party payments and Ablett can't I'd be very surprised.

Ablett does but it is still not enough to compete with the GC

While the great post to kick off this thread rings true, to me its about the symptoms, not the disease. If we accept we are here to win premierships, then I cannot get past this :

Collingwood team we beat in 2009 peliminary final has dropped 7 players out - replace with 2 experienced players via the draft to fill holes in their plan, and 5 young players, for which this is their first solid year in AFL.

We are now in the position they were in last year. Gazza looks gone, so what do we get for him and how do we use it. What is out game plan looking ahead at how teams are playing now?

With all this 'bomber needs a long break', ' thought we needed to change at the start of the year but the players didnt buy in' etc, talk, THIS IS THE DISEASE. It must stop.

Bomber and the coaching staff - if you are not up for the next gameplan and building a team for this (not as long these days in turnaround given the impact of rotations and youth - Malthouse has made it a young man's game) - then move on. You have been magnificent. But the reality is we have been hunted on a range of levels. You know how much energy it will take to plan, adapt the culture (which must be adapted - players cant keep saying if we play our game at its best we win - how much more evidence do they need than last week?) - I think you are over it. If you are do the team thing and move on. If not, then drink some harden the #### up and wade into trade and draft weeks and lets get this show on the road with more than one game plan.

Totally agree. :thumbsu:

Just because you make between 5-7 changes to your team doesnt mean you have to delist a heap of players. Players like O'Bree, Lockyer and Fraser have played 2's because they have not been good enough and thats what Geelong have to do. It started with Mackie and must continue. If you are not playing well enough then you get dropped. All positions should be up for grabs next season and if you are playing well enough and doing what the team requires then you get a game if not you play in the VFL.

I think players like Mackie, Byrnes, Hunt, Stokes, Wojcinski, Blake and Hawkins all need to earn their spots now. Past deeds should no longer get you a game at Geelong. Lets hope a few of Christenson, Menzel, Laidler, Gillies, Vardy and Duncan can earn a place in the team.

The post from Me must be withdrawn. It is not appropriate for people to be called w****s.
This Board must say no to homophobia, misogyny and personal insults.

And it is weak to do so anonymously.

The post from Me must be withdrawn. It is not appropriate for people to be called w****s.
This Board must say no to homophobia, misogyny and personal insults.

And it is weak to do so anonymously.

Harden up you f...... oops better not insult precious here.

I am over it.

Blake

Lauren

Gazza

Bomber

AFL
- fitness coach poached
- ceo attempted to poach
- best player poached

Could be worse. We could be Brisbane right now... But yeah not a good look for our footy club. These are the thing that will "end or era" the b.s going on with the club.

I think its a bit harsh, Me. You certainly make some very valid points, especially with Gazza. It is getting to the ridiculous point with all the delays & rumours around his future. Lauren? Well i don't watch Postcards or listen to Fox, so I can't really comment on that. She is stuck between a rock & hard place, I guess.
But of course other clubs are gonna come after us, we've been the best in the biz for the last 4 years. Stands to reason in any line of business - to improve, you go after the best in the industry. Failing that, you take after the procedures & systems implemented by the best! Factor in the natural evolution of our great game, & there you have it - suddenly we're no longer the best, & no longer the trendsetters!
I have no doubt Bomber & the coaching staff are well aware that they need to inject youth into the team - he admitted as much in his presser post Premlin final loss. But this week is not about him & the Cats' future - its the Saints & Pies who rightly deserve the spotlight this week. Look how little press Harbrow joining the Gold Coast made this week, even though it was hardly a surprise. Haven't heard a peep from Eade & Co.
Next week Gazza will finally make his mind up, & while I believe he's gone, lets not lose all hope! And if he does go, we use those first round picks to our advantage, as we've continually done with the expert eye of Stephen Wells.
Also, lets not forget we finished 3rd this year - hardly a complete loss of a season, especially tacked onto finishes of 1st, 2nd, & 1st the previous 3 years! :) And despite what Gary may or may not do, we still have a very talented & quality list. Sando IMO has all the makings of a quality senior coach when Bomber steps down this time next year, & Cooky & Costa will ensure only the best are brought in to replace those who have departed off-field!! :D

I'm over your posts TMA.
The great propagator of hate.

You have serious issues.

However, in all fairness to you. I didn't even bother reading your post.

^This. :thumbsu:

I do agree with some of what the OP said, but I dont think its totally all doom and gloom.

Realistically, we are following a team that has been at the pinnacle of their game for the last 3 - 4 years, and we only just missed out on a 4th straight grand final.
I do beleive that if we had of beaten the saints in the QF we would now be in the grand final and be in a lot better nick than if we had of beaten collingwood last week...

To say that its all going to come crashing down next season is both un-educated and trivial.
I think the issue with supporters is that we have been spoilt and have become acustomed to our team being the ones to beat and that missing a Grand Final just seems un-natural.

Sure, there is some tweaking that needs to be done next season, we need a plan B and a good defensive plan B. We know that, and if we can see that surely the coaching panel knows that too.

And to top that all off, we have some great young up and comers that have proven that they can match it with the best on the big stage.

A few hard decisions need to be made with some of the older guys, and I have no doubt that they will. And Stephen Wells will have some youngsters up his sleeve that will fill the gaps!!

I prefer to look at it in a way that we now have an opportunity to tweak things, blood some new guys and still be on top of our game for a few years to come.
I mean, take Scarlo, Milburn, Ottens & Mooney out of the team and our average age dramatically drops.

All is not lost, have a bit of faith in our great Club!!

Totally agree. :thumbsu:

Just because you make between 5-7 changes to your team doesnt mean you have to delist a heap of players. Players like O'Bree, Lockyer and Fraser have played 2's because they have not been good enough and thats what Geelong have to do. It started with Mackie and must continue. If you are not playing well enough then you get dropped. All positions should be up for grabs next season and if you are playing well enough and doing what the team requires then you get a game if not you play in the VFL.

I think players like Mackie, Byrnes, Hunt, Stokes, Wojcinski, Blake and Hawkins all need to earn their spots now. Past deeds should no longer get you a game at Geelong. Lets hope a few of Christenson, Menzel, Laidler, Gillies, Vardy and Duncan can earn a place in the team.

I was saying all the way through the finals that Menzel and THunt should have been in the team and pretty much got shouted down by most

I think it was obvious in the Collingwood game that we were well off the pace around the ground in terms of not just speed but the volume of running the Magpies were doing

This was obvious in Round 19 loss, and the QF loss to Saints

That team we had against the Bulldogs had a lot of run and exuberance and I can't believe we just went back to the oldies as they came back to fitness. But still Bomber went with the veterans and despite his loyalty to them the veterans let him down by their inability to adapt to a new game plan

So next year it should be game on for every single spot in the 22 and no more of this Australian cricket team selection, pick the favourites and the veterans BS

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are you at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back