Chris_2593

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
ATP
Sorry if this seems personal or something. Im just bored and its the off season.:D So where do you work?

I will start off. Im working at Coles now.:thumbsdown: But looking for another job at the moment.

Worked at Target for a while and absolutely hated it. Getting up on a Saturday morning was terrible. I shouldn't complain, but we all do about the small things. Standing at a register and being treated like a slave leaves you only hating middle Australia.

I have a story about that place as well. The night before the drawn Grand Final of 2010, a few mates and I went to someone's house. It was a decent night. But my parents were out of town, and so, I had no access to beer. Instead made was I to scab some red wine (my parents don't drink anymore, and so, little alcohol existed at their place). I had someone whom I would consider my best friend. He drank some of my wine. He, another friend, and myself, came home to play some FIFA at about 1. By the time the screen had loaded, a controller dropped. Spew flew across my carpeted floor. Blood red and mud thick. It was abhorrent.

I'd had enough of the kid (we actually hate each another now...) and after he had finished vomiting (I lead him to my toilet), I walked him home. Basically he ran back to mine, tried to again come inside (in his drunken state), and was denied entry. Upon this disappointing news, he defecated around the side of my house. Without pulling up his pants, I told him to leave.

So, me and my other friend spent the night concocting liquids. Bi carp soda, vinegar, water, anything... we kind of fixed the carpet.

The next day, hungover (my first hangover, and one of my only) I walked to Target. About an hour in, I looked at the chocolates and felt I needed to vomit. I kept it in. After two hours of my four hour shift, I asked to go home. No was the response. I've no idea why. And I'm sure it's unlawful treatment, or something. Fast forward an hour, countless drink breaks, and another few "look, I really feel sick. As in, I could vomit"s later, and still nothing.

Well, a spew.

All down some aisles, all near the staff toilet. An embarrassing yet retrospectively funny event.

I spent the day of the Granny finishing my clean up at home, and wiping vomit off of my Target uniform.

I hate that place. So, so much.

(I now live off student allowance).

Worked at Target for a while and absolutely hated it. After two hours of my four hour shift, I asked to go home. No was the response. I've no idea why. And I'm sure it's unlawful treatment, or something. Fast forward an hour, countless drink breaks, and another few "look, I really feel sick. As in, I could vomit"s later, and still nothing.

Weak as piss, it's only a 4 hour shift.
It's not like it's a hard job pal.

I work at an airline but worked at Coles to get through school/uni. Don't miss it one bit - 4 hours was just torture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a leading law firm (not a lawyer though... IT geek).

Worked at Target for a while and absolutely hated it. Getting up on a Saturday morning was terrible. I shouldn't complain, but we all do about the small things. Standing at a register and being treated like a slave leaves you only hating middle Australia.

I have a story about that place as well. The night before the drawn Grand Final of 2010, a few mates and I went to someone's house. It was a decent night. But my parents were out of town, and so, I had no access to beer. Instead made was I to scab some red wine (my parents don't drink anymore, and so, little alcohol existed at their place). I had someone whom I would consider my best friend. He drank some of my wine. He, another friend, and myself, came home to play some FIFA at about 1. By the time the screen had loaded, a controller dropped. Spew flew across my carpeted floor. Blood red and mud thick. It was abhorrent.

I'd had enough of the kid (we actually hate each another now...) and after he had finished vomiting (I lead him to my toilet), I walked him home. Basically he ran back to mine, tried to again come inside (in his drunken state), and was denied entry. Upon this disappointing news, he defecated around the side of my house. Without pulling up his pants, I told him to leave.

So, me and my other friend spent the night concocting liquids. Bi carp soda, vinegar, water, anything... we kind of fixed the carpet.

The next day, hungover (my first hangover, and one of my only) I walked to Target. About an hour in, I looked at the chocolates and felt I needed to vomit. I kept it in. After two hours of my four hour shift, I asked to go home. No was the response. I've no idea why. And I'm sure it's unlawful treatment, or something. Fast forward an hour, countless drink breaks, and another few "look, I really feel sick. As in, I could vomit"s later, and still nothing.

Well, a spew.

All down some aisles, all near the staff toilet. An embarrassing yet retrospectively funny event.

I spent the day of the Granny finishing my clean up at home, and wiping vomit off of my Target uniform.

Simple buddy. Dont get smashed and stay up all night before a shift the next day. Self-accountability.

Did the whole supermarket thing while studying, loved it. Could rock up hungover and no one cared, got paid pretty well by the end of it as well.

Currently working in finance for an oil and gas company, not the most inspiring job in the world but its a means to an ends.

Right now, I work at a dorm for the university as a weekend office assistant, doing some duties in the office while looking over the students walking by and making sure that they're students or visitors, if so then I call them in and ask them to sign the visitor registration.

I hope in the future that I will become a high-school history teacher for any of the deaf institutes across America :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Where do you work?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back