Where is Cory Gault at? (bumped see post #153)

Do you think Cory Gault will make it to 50 games?

• Yeah

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 57 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Judging him on the number draft pick we used to get him he could be ok. If you were judging him as a top 10 or 20 pick he would be a massive bust already. He seems to have some potential but which player doesn't that gets drafted.

People seem to think he's taken an eternity to come on. Myself included. It feels like he's been on the list for ages. He was drafted at the end of 2011 at 198cm and 87kg. He turned 22 in October and is just entering his fourth year. He currently stands at 199cm and 96kg. Although I'd go a bit further and say that weight is slightly low. Looks bang on the 100kg mark for mine.

This year does look make or break, to me. If he can get some games, take some grabs and kick some goals - he should get another year on the list. Anything above that and he might even get a promotion. If he can't do anything this year he'll be lucky to get another shot with us next year. Although my money is on him having somewhat of a break out year.

Personally, I think our trading and draft period boded well for Cory Gault.

We had no nett change to our KPP stocks (out: Lynch, in: Moore)

And Moore is still young, and besides could play KPF or KPB.

We didn't use pick 75, so we effectively have three rookies we could elevate if we want to (1 preseason + 2 LTI)

Looking at our KPP stocks ...

Cloke: Age 27, KPF
White: Age 26, KPF
Reid: Age 25, KPF or KPB
Brown: Age 25, KPB
Keeffe: Age 24, KPB
Frost: Age 22, KPB
Moore: age 18, KPB or KPF?

Witts: age 22, resting ruckman going forward?
Grundy: age 20, resting ruckman going forward?

Gault: age 22, KPF

Gault looks to be our developing KPF in the way Frost is our developing KPB (who played 22 games in 2014)

I think there's a role for Gault. He obviously played well in his debut game. If he has a strong pre-season and gets a bit of luck, he could get his opportunity.

Astute analysis. Reposted to The Collingwood Blog

I will say one thing about Gault he has a leap on him and he jumps at the ball he also kicks better than most of our tall,s whether forward or back.

I would really like to see him make it and he is quite a big man now,taller than all our players aside from Grundy,Witts,Cox and Keeffe and he moves quite well for a bloke his size.

It will probably be his last year on the list if it doe,s not work out for him so it is up to him but he strikes me as the sort of bloke who will give it his best just hope he can stay fit,like all our players.

I see a bit of Jackson Paine about Corey Gault. Not so much the playing ability, just potentially being squeezed out due to there not being enough positions for guys of his size and position.

I see a bit of Jackson Paine about Corey Gault. Not so much the playing ability, just potentially being squeezed out due to there not being enough positions for guys of his size and position.
What, no one knows their true height?

Am I missing something here? I definitely feel like I'm missing something!
Just a joke. From the first day JP arrived at the Pies there was much talk about his real height, being listed on various sites anywhere b/w 191-194cm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a joke. From the first day JP arrived at the Pies there was much talk about his real height, being listed on various sites anywhere b/w 191-194cm.
haha okay. I definitely missed that memo.

I would be happy for him to get another contract he is exactly the sort of player we want at the club ie no rumours about him,just gets out there and tries hard,also he is 3 or 4 inches taller than Paine and can be used in the ruck quite well.

I remember last season in a VFL game Matty 123 said he was bloody good when switched to the ruck he got us over the line, it was against Geelong I think.

I seem to recall that Gault played all his junior footy as a midfielder and then shot up at age 17-18 into his current size (height at least). I deal a lot with highly talented junior surfers that lose all balance and coordination during their major growth spurt stages and they have to learn to surf in a totally different style to the one that served them so well as juniors. If Gault has suffered this major change of going from a mid to a KPP then he will obviously take time to adjust. I liked what I saw of the kid in the last game last season and also in last weeks praccy match. Give him time and we might just have something special.

if he plays well in the rest of the nab challenge he has to play round 1 witts won't be right yet so you rotate Grundy white and gault as ruck/forwards
He won't play round 1 unless there is a fresh LTI. Frost will be the nominated rookie, so there isn't a spot for him.

Hasn't shown enough to be playing round 1 yet anyway imo.

I'd think unless he shows us nothing this year then he would get another purely for depth. I may be wrong but pretty sure this is his first decent preseason and has finally got a decent run without injuries.
Well if he ends up at hawthorn or sydney he will some how make it like many players do :mad::mad::mad:.
Cloke is 28 so let him stick around for a few more years i say until we get a young power FWD with a top 10 draft pick :)

He hasn't shown any real quality that shows he can make it at AFL level. (one nice goal doesn't count). He might improve a lot over the season but I certainly wouldn't be betting on him making it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Cory Gault at? (bumped see post #153)

Back