Where r u now Nicky Winmar

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the former champion up to?

I don't know where he is but a year or 2 ago I spotted him in my local shopping centre and had my photo taken with him on my phone.

I walked out of that shopping centre with the biggest smile on my face, went home and accidently dropped my phone in a sink full of water and it never turned on again. :(

Devastated!!

He played a bit of footy in the Yarra Valley Mountain District FL helping Warburton-Millgrove win the flag in 2000. He bobbed up again in the 2nd Div of the same comp with his cousin at Seville a year or two later.

Waled in to a pub to place a bet on saturday at about 2:30pm (think it is called horse & carriage or something) on marrondah hwy ringwood.

Nicky was in there sitting down with, yes a beer. He started calling me riewoldt and just started chatting to me straight up! Seems like a really down to earth bloke:thumbsu:

He played a bit of footy in the Yarra Valley Mountain District FL helping Warburton-Millgrove win the flag in 2000. He bobbed up again in the 2nd Div of the same comp with his cousin at Seville a year or two later.

rumour was he moved down the highway just after his warbuton provided car bobbed up in the yarra behind warbies ground, allegedly.

Waled in to a pub to place a bet on saturday at about 2:30pm (think it is called horse & carriage or something) on marrondah hwy ringwood.

Nicky was in there sitting down with, yes a beer. He started calling me riewoldt and just started chatting to me straight up! Seems like a really down to earth bloke:thumbsu:

Would be the 'Coach & Horses' across the road from the old skating rink, bottom of the hill.

Last time i heard he was playing somewhere around Rutherglen.

Yes he did play at Rutherglen in the Tallangatta & DFL in 2006, then left Rutherglen along with his debts to be the seconds coach at Wodonga Saints in the same league has been seen or heard from since.

Beware of the once mighty saint when he comes to a town near you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where r u now Nicky Winmar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back