Whereabouts in the Top 50 did the overrated Bartel finish?

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this shit about playing with a fractured foot. Four of you have gone the injury excuse.
Who gives a ****, if he runs out on the ground he's fit to play.
If he had a shit year, he had a shit year.
Personally, I'm a fan of Bartel and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be using any ******* excuses.

****, some of you Cat fans can be 2 faced. You bang on about Hawk supporters using excuses.
Why are you getting so worked up about it Les? The thread's premise seems to be that Bartel is overrated because he didn't have a good year. The simple truth is Bartel with a fractured foot is clearly nowhere near his champion best but still more than good enough to be in our team which is why he went on the ground. Considering he started the year on fire it's pretty safe to say his drop-off had a lot to do with it.

I don't understand what you want us to say - that he was below par? We said that. That he wasn't in the top 50? We said that.

Podge is trying very hard to prove that 2=3 but it's not even worth arguing. His issue is with how people rated his past seasons but he'll never be able to persuade anyone that Bartel wasn't a worthy Norm Smith Medallist last year.

This thread reminds me of Nathan Brown for some reason. It's frankly impossible for me to see Hodgepodge as looking like anything but him :thumbsu:

269181_1_M.jpg

Don't know why this thread reminds you of Brown, Bartel didn't achieve the magical "20 and 3" in a season like Brown did.

Why are you getting so worked up about it Les? The thread's premise seems to be that Bartel is overrated because he didn't have a good year. The simple truth is Bartel with a fractured foot is clearly nowhere near his champion best but still more than good enough to be in our team which is why he went on the ground. Considering he started the year on fire it's pretty safe to say his drop-off had a lot to do with it.

I don't understand what you want us to say - that he was below par? We said that. That he wasn't in the top 50? We said that.

Podge is trying very hard to prove that 2=3 but it's not even worth arguing. His issue is with how people rated his past seasons but he'll never be able to persuade anyone that Bartel wasn't a worthy Norm Smith Medallist last year.
I read 4 Cat supporters say he had a foot fracture and got worked up, probably unfairly so.
What you say makes good sense.
Don't think though that we're going to start sharing windy walks, coz remeber I still ****ing hate you all.

What's this shit about playing with a fractured foot. Four of you have gone the injury excuse.
Who gives a ****, if he runs out on the ground he's fit to play.
If he had a shit year, he had a shit year.
Personally, I'm a fan of Bartel and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be using any ******* excuses.

****, some of you Cat fans can be 2 faced. You bang on about Hawk supporters using excuses.

Two_Face_6711.jpg
Bartel foot fracture - Fact. Still better than a healthy Cyril..
Hawks getting done by Swannies - " but we had a bad schedule.... and the umps... excuses."

Here is the difference you dill. No sod off and clean up the rest of the streamers from your "we came second after we choked parade...."

Go Catters

respect to the fact you respect him as a player....

Bartel foot fracture - Fact. Still better than a healthy Cyril..

Well show us the facts then. Just saying 'Fact" doesn't make it a fact. Fact.

Oh, and Rioli is widely acknowledged to have had a better season than Bartel. Ahead in Champion Data averages, better finals performances, and higher in Mike's Top 50 where Bartel failed to even feature.

Sounds like you need to catch up with the new rating on the overrated Bartel.

Hawks getting done by Swannies - " but we had a bad schedule.... and the umps... excuses."

The Hawks haven't made any excuses at all, especially if we're talking about the football club. The majority of the supporters haven't either, there has been a lot of respect between the two clubs and their supporters apart from the odd troll here and there.

It burns you that the loss didn't devastate the club I know, but we can't all be whining bitches like you guys were about 2008. We've already accepted we didn't win and are moving on. No pacts, no false sense of entitlement, just looking forward to 2013.

LOL.

Jimmy finished 6th in Geelong's B&F.

Considering he played all year with a stuffed foot that's a fantastic effort. Champion.
Hodgepodge played all year with a limber tongue. Then his team folded embarrassingly. You would have thought that he would have lock jaw after that. But nope. He keeps on being a dill.

No apologies if your silliness occurred before your team's capitulation. You would love jimmeh in the poo and the wee. Funny thing is,mi don't think many cats fans would go for buddy, mainly because of the no dickhead rule. Buddy needs to lose that t shirt business,

You would love jimmeh in the poo and the wee.

We could always use some depth. I don't mind having the overrated Bartel in the side as long as he realises he's overrated and has to maybe start on the bench.

Funny thing is,mi don't think many cats fans would go for buddy, mainly because of the no dickhead rule. Buddy needs to lose that t shirt business,

Yeah he really does. I guess when nobodies on the internet start giving business advice, Buddy listens. That's the kind of nous that earmarks successful entrepreneurs after all.

I guess you also said that Geelong fans wouldn't go for Franklin in their side, so that wasn't the stupidest thing you said in that post. Well done on that, at least.

Oh, and Rioli is widely acknowledged to have had a better season than Bartel. Ahead in Champion Data averages, better finals performances, and higher in Mike's Top 50 where Bartel failed to even feature.

Sounds like you need to catch up with the new rating on the overrated Bartel.

Ehh, perhaps you need to catch up Podgey? Clearly no one is rating Bartel these days, so therefore he can no longer be classified as overrated (except by the umpires, who gave him 3 votes against the Hawks and more overall votes than Rioli). Since he's one of your favourite non-Hawk players, maybe you should campaign in his favour to ensure he's not forgotten all together.

The Hawks haven't made any excuses at all, especially if we're talking about the football club. The majority of the supporters haven't either, there has been a lot of respect between the two clubs and their supporters apart from the odd troll here and there.

Hawks didn't make any excuses, they just basically minimised the loss by listing a bunch of other things in life which suck more than losing a GF. Apparently those things were only relevant this year, whereas every other team which has lost a GF still has to live with that shame. Major deflection by Clarkson and the Hawks.

As for the fans, I don't think you have to look too hard to find a number of proffered excuses. There's only relative respect between the fans because Sydney fans are generally not douche bags like Hawk fans, so they weren't about to start anything, and as the losing side, the Hawk fans hardly had anything to yap about either - hence, no shitfight. Fortunately for Hawk fans, they will never have to encounter dealing with themselves.

It burns you that the loss didn't devastate the club I know, but we can't all be whining bitches like you guys were about 2008. We've already accepted we didn't win and are moving on. No pacts, no false sense of entitlement, just looking forward to 2013.

LOL.

Yes Podgey, you lost the Grand Final and we're the ones hurting. :rolleyes: Although maybe you're right, Buddy hasn't made a single reference to the GF on his twitter feed, he clearly wasn't bothered at all.

However, perhaps you should make a pact, or you could end up being Sydney's bitches as well as Geelong's.

Ehh, perhaps you need to catch up Podgey? Clearly no one is rating Bartel these days, so therefore he can no longer be classified as overrated.

No I still think he can be, depends if he finished say 50-60 or something like that. This was a player who was rated 8th by Sheahan in the Pre-season top 50, so it's good to see my campaign has had some effect and people are just seeing through him now.

Hawks didn't make any excuses, they just basically minimised the loss by listing a bunch of other things in life which suck more than losing a GF. Apparently those things were only relevant this year, whereas every other team which has lost a GF still has to live with that shame. Major deflection by Clarkson and the Hawks.

Who said those things were only relevant this year? Besides yourself, I mean.

As for the fans, I don't think you have to look too hard to find a number of proffered excuses. There's only relative respect between the fans because Sydney fans are generally not douche bags like Hawk fans, so they weren't about to start anything, and as the losing side, the Hawk fans hardly had anything to yap about either - hence, no shitfight. Fortunately for Hawk fans, they will never have to encounter dealing with themselves.

Of course you don't have to look far for a few trolls, but on the whole there haven't been a whole lot of excuses offered. Even in the Bay, the overwhelming response is that the better team won on the day. If you find that hard to deal with, that's your problem.

Yes Podgey, you lost the Grand Final and we're the ones hurting. :rolleyes:

Are you? I'm sorry to hear that.

What I said was that what's his face is clearly cut that the loss didn't mean as much as it did for the Cats in 2008. This was Geelong's big shot at some sort of vicarious redemption, and just like in 2008, they feel cheated. LOL. Get over yourselves already.

However, perhaps you should make a pact, or you could end up being Sydney's bitches as well as Geelong's.

Or worse yet we could be Freo's. :D

No I still think he can be, depends if he finished say 50-60 or something like that. This was a player who was rated 8th by Sheahan in the Pre-season top 50, so it's good to see my campaign has had some effect and people are just seeing through him now.
Well a top 50 usually ends at 50, so he's either in or out, and he wasn't in and is therefore unable to be overrated by those means.
Well that's the point, these things do happen every year. It isn't necessary to point out that there are worse things happening in the world than losing a football match. People are aware of this, it's not like he dropped some kind of magical wisdom or perspective on us. Massive deflection by Clarko.
Of course you don't have to look far for a few trolls, but on the whole there haven't been a whole lot of excuses offered. Even in the Bay, the overwhelming response is that the better team won on the day. If you find that hard to deal with, that's your problem.
I'm not finding that hard to deal with. I was quite happy how things turned out. And I'm not talking about trolls, I'm talking about Hawthorn fans.
What I said was that what's his face is clearly cut that the loss didn't mean as much as it did for the Cats in 2008. This was Geelong's big shot at some sort of vicarious redemption, and just like in 2008, they feel cheated. LOL. Get over yourselves already.
The only ones who can't let go of 2008 are Hawk fans. Do you honestly think it would be a topic of discussion at all if Hawk fans didn't bring it up? How often do you hear about '08 compared to '07 or '09? Even '10? It's barely relevant anymore, so unfortunately Hawthorn needs to get over themselves.

And you can put on a brave face as much as you want, but you're not going to convince anyone that losing the big one didn't hurt!
I don't know if losing 1-in-a-row qualifies as bitch status. 9 on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of overrated how many B & F 's did the games record holder win.

He played from 1972-1991 so surely he would have won a few.

Are you? I'm sorry to hear that.

jeez, someones getting a bit carried away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whereabouts in the Top 50 did the overrated Bartel finish?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back