Which 3 teams do you most want to win a Premiership? (After your own)

Remove this Banner Ad

rapidfire7

All Australian
Jul 28, 2008
London, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Geelong
Other than your own side (obviously), which 3 sides would you most like to win a Premiership in the near future.

This may be a different list to your next 3 favourite teams in general.

For instance, if a more highly favoured team of yours have already won a Premiership or 2 in recent times, you may prefer some other less successful teams to win ahead of them in the near future, etc.

I'll start.

1. Sydney

My second favourite team overall, who have been remarkably strong and consistent over the past 20 years.

Yet, despite their onfield excellence, they have only won 2 out of a possible 6 Grand Finals this century, including losing their last 3.

A Premiership this year (or in the near future), would be just reward for this outstanding organisation, and a great outcome for continuing to grow the game in NSW.

2. Brisbane

Not one of my favourite clubs, but have been consistently near the top for the best part of 5-6 years now, but without tasting the ultimate success (obviously falling painstakingly short last year).

I feel this group is very deserving of a Premiership, and like with Sydney, a Brisbane Lion's Premiership would give an enormous boost all round for football in the region.

Finally, I just really like Chris Fagan as a person, and would find it highly satisfying for him to taste the ultimate success.

Fremantle & St Kilda -

Neither are favourites of mine either, and I find it hard to split them on this list, which may be a bit of a cop-out, but my reasons for wanting both to win are virtually identical.

Both are completely success starved organisations.

Both have some of the most tribal and passionate fans in the whole of the AFL.

Finally, I believe that either one winning a Premiership would lead to absolute euphoria amongst all who have been involved in these clubs (both past and present), and on levels not often seen.

Would love to hear your top 3 too 😊.

GWS the most, cos they never have and no fans of a big club carrying on.

Brisbane cos they've been good for awhile and just missed out last year.

After that don't really care, as long as it's not Collingwood or Geelong. I wouldn't mind Sydney, Carlton or Freo for various reasons. Or even Essendon. GC if they were a realistic chance. Hawthorn winning would be funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back