Which AFL Footballers came from your club/school?

Remove this Banner Ad

Played against-Nick Daffey(Nth Gambier)
- Billy Picken(Hamilton)
Coached by-Grenville Dietrich (?sp)

Same School-Jarrad Rooke ( before my time Casterton High)

crackers57 said:
Maybe you should have gone a little more often and learned how to spell it :rolleyes:

Classic!!!

linga_is_no1 said:
Quinten Lynch
Daniel Kerr
Peter Bell
Robert Hadrill
Ben Allan

Also...

Brendon Krummel
Jamie Merillo
David Sierakowski

...of the modern day players I can remember. I reckon I've forgotten at least one other Docker.

Also Justin Langer!

SouthSwans said:
fine, xavier is just a sport school. if you cant play sport, or have an unbeliavable intrest in xavier sport you will more likely than not get booted.

thats good seing as we are ranked 15th best for victorian enter scores

SouthSwans said:
fine, xavier is just a sport school. if you cant play sport, or have an unbeliavable intrest in xavier sport you will more likely than not get booted.
are you saying that we dont get good vce results as well? :rolleyes:

SonOfReep said:
I had no idea all of these people had serious learning difficulties. It just shows that even the "differentially-abled" can make it in the AFL.

Oy. I resemble that comment!

I think Jaxon Crabb for the Eagles was an Aquinian. And the fella from the Dockers with the double-barrelled name. Can't for the life of me remember it. Something-Jones?

Are there any official stats on this? I'd love to know what schools have produced the most players. Surely Aquinas would be right up there at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H. C. Loads said:
Oy. I resemble that comment!

Since I have never seen you I cannot comment on your resemblance to my comment.

I was simply commenting on the fact that either those players had serious issues, or Aquinas has a special pit with bars over the top where they keep young people like linga_is_no1, periodically throwing them Petit Miam and old issues of the WAFL Football Budget to keep them amused.

SonOfReep said:
Since I have never seen you I cannot comment on your resemblance to my comment.

I was simply commenting on the fact that either those players had serious issues, or Aquinas has a special pit with bars over the top where they keep young people like linga_is_no1, periodically throwing them Petit Miam and old issues of the WAFL Football Budget to keep them amused.

Yeah, I know you were only joshin'

It's a line Curly used to use a lot in The Three Stooges, BTW.

Instead of "I resent that comment" he accidentally says "I resemble that comment".

Pure genius.

doggies said:
bourkey from richmond.
Doubt they still play these carnivals but I played against him in the old U/15's Schoolboys carnival. He played for Richmond and me Essendon. Shannon Grant was my team also.
Played juniors for 7 years with Kane Johnson, rep teams with the Scott boys and later at the same club as Kris Barlow(he was older though, never played with him).

Went to Chanel College in Geelong.

Played in the same school side as Brad Johnson and Peter Riccardi.

At the same time the schools soccer team had a player in it called Josip Skoko, who went on to captain the socceroos.

Played Fullback on David Mensch a few times in local GFL juniors and running around in that Grovedale side was also a very young Matty Primus.

Donald McDonald
Mick Kennedy
Shane Robertson
Ed Considine
Shannon Grant
Anthony Franchina
Aaron Hamill
Paul Kouloroutis
Steve Alessio

AndSmithMustScore said:
Went to Chanel College in Geelong.

Played in the same school side as Brad Johnson and Peter Riccardi.

At the same time the schools soccer team had a player in it called Josip Skoko, who went on to captain the socceroos.

Played Fullback on David Mensch a few times in local GFL juniors and running around in that Grovedale side was also a very young Matty Primus.

Poo.ftas paradise as it was known. I went there as well when it only went up to year 10. You had to do year 11 and 12 somewhere else.

The kol twins went to Chanel as well.

Went to same school as Wayne Carey - The Heights High School, Adelaide.

Had a couple of other guys that made it to the AFL too but weren't around long (Glen Malloy and someone or other Nicholls come to mind). Sort of pale in comparison.

SouthSwans said:
Caulfield Grammar School:
Chris Judd
Stuart Maxfield
Duncan Kellaway
Andrew Kellaway
Mark Chaffey
Ezra Poyas
Brendan Goddard
Andrew McQualter
Andrew Walker
Barry Rowlings
and a few more I cant think of now...

Ormond Football Club:
Matthew Robbins
John Rombotis

CAULF: Barry Rowlings did not go here. He coaches our Firsts and his son went to CGS but he did not. Rupert Betheras was another. As did John Schultz, I think he deserves a mention - he won a Brownlow!

Remove this Banner Ad

Which AFL Footballers came from your club/school?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back