Which club is Leigh Brown most associated with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taper

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2023
AFL Club
Geelong
Had a great career spanning a decade over three clubs while affectionately being known by the nickname The Anvil.
Which club do you associate him with the most?

One of the reasons the Pies won in 2010
One of the reasons they lost in 2011
None of the reasons North or Freo did anything.

Call it draw and remembered for Collingwood. 1 out of 4 could be a hell of a lot worse.

I was at a game where he kicked 6 or 7 in a game against Adelaide I believe, when the MCG was getting renovated, and got excited that he could be the next big thing.

After that game, he certainly took a spot up on the list. I felt like I was in a bizzaro universe with him, he always looked incredibly soft. He almost willingly let himself get pushed out of contests, didn't chase and and ambled towards every contest. Yet he got games each and every week. Was probably my least liked player for the majority of the time he played for us. Gave lots of pats on bums tho.

I never followed what he did at Collingwood, but I read he helped win them a premiership. I'm glad he found his spot if that was the case, because we was never going to do anything with us, even if he made it that far.

Last edited:
Love big Leigh , a huge part of the 2010 flag, but I always thought of him as the Freo bloke who plays for us.

Ditto Mayne and Medhurst. Only Clement seemed "Collingwood" to me.
Of all those blokes you mentioned that played both Fremantle and Collingwood, I always will like Chris Mayne and Paul Medhurst.

Chris Maynes 2012 season.... Awesome. 39 goals and 7 behinds. Even Scott Pendlebury praised him.

Medhurst kicked 50 goals in 2003. Still gutted he only played 99 games for Freo

Played almost half of his games at North (118) but won a Premiership with Collingwood. I'll always associate him with the Pies because he was such a frustrating player for North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back