Which Flag was best...2005 or 2012?

Which Flag was the best

Votes: 21 33.3%

Votes: 42 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 for a few reasons.

We beat the evil empire (Hawks)

I like this team more. Sorry L.Ablett, Fosdike, Matthews, Bevan you played your role but didnt fill me with much excitement. On the 2012 team I can't think of a player I dont love. Grundy comes closest.

Hodge, Puopolo, Lewis

This one was pure bliss and the Hawks are a more arrogant mob than WCE who I dont mind.

(Obviously 05 was great as a drought breaker and my first flag I've seen but I can say I've enjoyed this one just a tad more)

2005 was special and i don't care what oppositon supporters think about it. 2006 proved that it was no fluke.

2012 will hep us establish a permanent foothold in Sydney as a premier AFL club. No one will doubt the club's pedigree in the modern era.

Being there in 05 was special. Breaking the drought made it all the more special. I reckon this years was probably a higher quality game. But then, every GF is something to treasure, and I hope there's more to come in my life time.

Im old enough to remember the 1977 Finals series 86 and 87, and of course everything after.

1977 was fantastic, it was the most memorable year for the Swans to date, we won some great games including a victory over the highly fanced Magpies at Victoria Park, in front of a packed house, it was Souths first win there in many years. We also beat eventual premiers North in the final game of the season at Lake oval.
The thing I remember the most was the crowds - we got 30,000 ( which was huge for the time) or so to Lake Oval a few times to see games v Richmond and Collingwood.

Teazer was massive that year and took the Brownlow.

We went down v Richmond at VFL park in the Final in front of 67,000, which was a pity but still a great season. Sadly we failed to back it up he following years and lived week to week.

86 and 87 was great as well - but we got bailed out quick.

1996 was awesome in GF but we went down.

2005 was the best.

Compared...

231690ac.jpg

Swans800x600.jpg

Roosy's kids weren't in it this year for a start

2012 for me.

I think in 05 (& 06) WCE were clearly the best team. Judd, Cousins, Kerr & et al at their best. We won but... Don't get me wrong I don't think we were a long way behind them but I believe that they were the better performed team.

This year I think we were clearly the best team aside from the last 4 rounds of the regular season where I thought we were in our worst form patch of the year (Besides having the worst possible draw). Despite poor form we only lost by small margins (& we beat Hawthorn earlier in the year in Tas). Once we beat Adelaide in the first final I knew they were back in form & worried very little thereafter, which was only confirmed by the Collingwood win. I was totally confident going into the GF & even at 3/4 time I was supremely confident given the disparity in scoring at different ends.

I guess I was just as pleased that it confirmed what a bunch of idiots the so called experts from Melbourne were. At times during the season I was not sure they were watching the same competition I was they got the Swans assessment so wrong. (BTW the funniest thing I saw all season was the AFL 360 after the second week of the finals. Of an hour long show they did 15 minutes on Hawthorn, 15 minutes on Collingwood, 15 minutes on Adelaide & then 15 minutes on the teams not in the finals. They did however grudgingly give the Swans about 30 seconds of coverage which was typical of their entire season)

I think the average age of poll participants has alot to do with the votes.

There'd be very few Swans supporters over 30 which would rate 2012 higher I think

Yep, I was reminiscing with a mate about the flogging we got from Richmond in a final in 77 at Waverley. We were there together as kids. My dad still talks about 45, he was at princes park that day. 05 was enormous, however this year has elevated the whole ethos of the club. I think we will be better next year and can go back to back...........hard to believe. Oh and **** south melbourne hellas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2005 was fantastic but this time around, several weeks after the event, I can't believe how much I'm still buzzing.

'05 was the give-the-dog-a-bone flag; this one is something else again. Can't really explain why, but all the reasons everyone else has posted, and then some.

(October 14th and I'm still walking on air...)

2005 was fantastic but this time around, several weeks after the event, I can't believe how much I'm still buzzing.

'05 was the give-the-dog-a-bone flag; this one is something else again. Can't really explain why, but all the reasons everyone else has posted, and then some.

(October 14th and I'm still walking on air...)
several weeks, isn't it 2

Yep, I was reminiscing with a mate about the flogging we got from Richmond in a final in 77 at Waverley. We were there together as kids. My dad still talks about 45, he was at princes park that day. 05 was enormous, however this year has elevated the whole ethos of the club. I think we will be better next year and can go back to back...........hard to believe. Oh and **** south melbourne hellas.
Yes i agree @@@@ south melbourne hellas

Retired mid year from memory with an injury. He was one of my favourite players from 96 onwards and played a huge part in the success the club had that year. And this year as well probably, still involved at the club as a runner.

He's the forgotton person in all of this imo. Roos, Longmire, Kirk etc. get most of the credit for the culture the club has built but as an outsider looking in, I think Maxfield has been massive for the club and in a fairly unsung manner.

Yes I agree entirely, he is a massive part of the club and goes about his business in his usual steely way. I actually saw him at he beginning of the year up at Port Stephens. I said hello and thanked him for all he has done and will do and of course Go the Swans. He seems a very quiet person and was nice but he was with his kids and I gave him the privacy he deserves. I just wanted to acknowledge his great contribution to the club.

bloodsbigot said: ↑
I reckon it already has.

Apparently Sewell and Lewis from the Hawks vowed to never lose to the swans again.

They also said after 2008 they would never lose to Geelong again...how's that working for them today?
Can't separate the two...in 2005 I never thought I'd see us win won, so that was enormous, this one just awesome, love the way we played, injured players, facing a Hawk onslaught on more than one occasion, knocking over so many so called hoodoos, and watching Hawks suffer from premature celebration only to lose was icing on the cake!
Difference was they expected, we wanted

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Flag was best...2005 or 2012?

Back