Giants FC

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2005
Greater Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney FC, Sydney Kings, NSW
There's to be an official poll on the GWS website, but I thought it'd be interesting to get a feel of how the BigFooty GWS board feels about it.

Exhibit A - orange with a charcoal G
svGWS10-600x400.jpg

Exhibit B - Orange upper, charcoal lower, white G
r674193_4929815.jpg

I went orange with charcoal G.

I originally liked the white G jumper but that was before I saw the side and back of it, which just makes it look horrible. It's got the charcoal side panels and solid orange back which just doesn't suit the front at all. If they made the back match the front better it would get my vote, but it doesn't.

The other jumper therefore wins by default. It's not that inspiring but at least the overall design looks clean from all angles. Personally I would put a charcoal straight yoke on it (like the old Lions jumper) just to break up all the orange a bit.

Both efforts are still better than GC though! :thumbsu:

I prefer the charcoal G. Simple and clean. The only change I would make to it, is to make the collar and cuffs charcoal, it would just define the shape of the jumper a bit more.

The white G is trying a bit to hard to be 'zazzy'. And the the swans (cross town rivals) wear a lot of white, so white should be avoided in my opinion.

Whichever they choose the socks should be changed to orange/charcoal stripes, like richmond or essendon. Stripey socks are just better.

I voted for the 'white G' option, purely because I feel it is the one that is the more appealing to their potential young fans, and would sell more of. Personally I'm not overjoyed with either design.
Both jumpers would do well with balck trim around the neck and arm holes, as there needs to be more definition between the jumper and the players' skin tones. Personally I thing the 'g' shape isn't instantly recognisable as a 'G' either.
The possible 'away' guensey in Blue would probably look the best based on the 'charcoal G' design. Have all the orange changed to a light blue, and then have either orange panels at the side with a orange G, orang panels with a charcoal G, or charcoal panels with an orange G.
Done.

I think people need to see the whole jumper in order to make a proper choice. This is a picture of the "white G" jumper from the side, which shows the charcoal side panel and the all-orange back. I just think its a bit sloppy from a design prespective because the lower panel of charcoal doesn't flow around to the back at all and the "white G" gets cut off by the side panel. I just think it looks messy.

The all orange jumper looks the same from the back, but at least it matches the front of the jumper. I dunno its just my opinion. I was on board the "white G" jumper before I saw this pick, which just ruined it for me completely.

4qo3si.jpg

I agree with people needing to see the whole jumper, but that look actually makes it prefer it to the whole orange one. I feel the orange isn't a good enough looking colour to feature on the whole of the jumper, it needs some contrast and this obviously provides it.

I think people need to see the whole jumper in order to make a proper choice. This is a picture of the "white G" jumper from the side, which shows the charcoal side panel and the all-orange back. I just think its a bit sloppy from a design prespective because the lower panel of charcoal doesn't flow around to the back at all and the "white G" gets cut off by the side panel. I just think it looks messy.

The all orange jumper looks the same from the back, but at least it matches the front of the jumper. I dunno its just my opinion. I was on board the "white G" jumper before I saw this pick, which just ruined it for me completely.

4qo3si.jpg

Well I understand that, the 'white G' option would look better if it was orange and charcoal at the back as well as the front.. But it doesn't change my preference as both backs are orange..

I reckon the orange on the back looks good.

Aren't they going to be wearing both anyway?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that gets me about the orange with charcoal G is that gthe design is basically the same as GC only different colors. We don't really want that do we?

The thing that gets me about the orange with charcoal G is that gthe design is basically the same as GC only different colors. We don't really want that do we?

There's that, plus the fact that the G is a bit of a dud. If the monogram was a stronger symbol, I wouldn't mind it at all...in fact given that I reckon GC's home strip won't survive five years, I'd say go for it and let them be the ones to change.

don't mind either of the jumpers; but i personally prefer the "white G" jumper

on a sidenote, has anyone purchased a gws giants jumper?

It simply has to be the all-orange guernsey. The all-orange will actually give the Giants an identity. Orange will be synonymous with GWS much like purple is now synonymous with Freo. The other guernsey choice is just a mish-mash of colours and the off-centre G just makes it even worse.

Look at what happened at Freo. They originally went for the complicated 4 colours of purple, white, green and red, but the club finally realised that it was purple at heart and have now simplified the guernseys to purple and white.

A kit consisting of an orange upper and charcoal lower with the charcoal shorts would of looked decent I think.

So basically the second picture without the 'G'.

The possible 'away' guensey in Blue would probably look the best based on the 'charcoal G' design. Have all the orange changed to a light blue, and then have either orange panels at the side with a orange G, orang panels with a charcoal G, or charcoal panels with an orange G.
Done.

Couldn't. agree. more. I've done a quick mock up of what this could look like for a jumper thread, and even my p!ss weak paint effort looked better.

BETTERGWS.jpg

I'd also like to know whether it was Falous choice or the GWS execs to put him in the 'white G' one. Might just be luck of the draw, but to many people the idea of picking 'Izzies Jumper' make it all that more appealing. He's the face of the club for its early years, so for ever on now we'll look back at these formative years and see him in THAT guernsey regadless of whether it gets picked or not. Idont know if that will have any bearing, but its worth thinking about.

I'd also like to know whether it was Falous choice or the GWS execs to put him in the 'white G' one. Might just be luck of the draw, but to many people the idea of picking 'Izzies Jumper' make it all that more appealing.

I reckon you're spot-on. They're using that jumper in what seems like the majority of their promo stuff.

White G.

But agree that the charcoal (which is looking rather black in the photos) should be on the lower back as well. And the arm/neck trim should be charcoal as well.

But to add more contrast and establish the orange as the primary color I would have it with orange shorts. :eek: :thumbsu: :D

If Essendon can wear red shorts, GWS should have orange shorts.

And also think the striped socks might go OK as well. Need more orange!

Anyone want to do a front/back markup of this suggestion? White G jumper - extend charcoal around back, charcoal arm/neck trim, orange shorts, orange/black hoops on the socks.

I'm telling you - its a winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which jumper design do you prefer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back