Oppo Camp Which opposition player do you rate highest?

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly don't get the Fyfe hype. I liken it to the Hurley hype. Embarrassing in a lot of ways.

They could be......, but currently are not.
Doubt you've seen him play week in week out then..
Fyfe is already proven and will be a gun player.....
Reminds me of Hirdy so much....Watch a few freeo games...

Slattery_20 - think that you'll find - Between reading of the LINES - that yaco - would have - TAKEN darling over -Heppell ! :eek:

What are you talking about ?

When did I ever say that.

I suggested like most sane people,that the recruiters made a mistake allowing Darling to slip to pick 26. And this is the same player who the avid WA watchers claimed was the best KP prospect since G.Jakovich, and would have gone top 3 in the 2009 ND if eligible.

And that's forgetting Pevers stating that Fyfe is over-rated - I think if anything he is under-rated. No point comparing Melksham to Fyfe - Different players who live on a different planet.

And we have S20 having another crack at me,when he has nothing better to say - And I haven't posted anything recently in this thread.

It's going to be a long off-season if this is the standard of posting.:(

I wish we had Fyfe more than any other player in the league. He his Hird's second coming. It's just wrong that he's not in red and black.
Couldn't agree more.

Doubt you've seen him play week in week out then..
Fyfe is already proven and will be a gun player.....
Reminds me of Hirdy so much....Watch a few freeo games...

I have and while he is impressive, the hype is over the top.

Not arguing he could be one of the best, simply that his results to date don't equal the hype. Much like Hurley.

People going to debate Fyfe with Ben the Gooner... This gonna be good :D

ek25c6.gif

alyssa-milano-popcorn-gif.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you rate Fyfe higher than Franklin and Ablett and Pendles and Watson and......

Sort of proves my point that the hype does not match the output.

Obviously not at this exact point, but he'll be the best by the time they're all retired.

I have and while he is impressive, the hype is over the top.

Not arguing he could be one of the best, simply that his results to date don't equal the hype. Much like Hurley.
this is rubbish though. The reason for the "hype" is the blatant obviousness of the awesomeness potentialiality of the players in question. How can you argue with that logic?

this is rubbish though. The reason for the "hype" is the blatant obviousness of the awesomeness potentialiality of the players in question. How can you argue with that logic?
There are different forms of hype -

-looks like we've found oursleves a 10 year player
-looks like a match winner
-looks like a top liner
-looks like a once in a generation player

Hype quite often ends in the last two, when it shuld be the first two - which is why players get, over-hyped.

Better than Ablett's?

Maaaaaassssiiiiiiiiiiive call.

That'd make him one of the best players of all time.

Hird > Voss/Riccuito/Buckley

When Ben said that Essendon (who you go for) were the only club that wouldn't be shattered to have overlooked Darling:
Implies as much.

Reading between the lines, but not understanding the subtleties or the context - I was shattered because IMO, Darling should have been chosen before pick 26 - Nothing to do with EFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back