Which player will stamp themselves on the competition in 08?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Ablett jnr was an extremely skilled and talented small forward who after being able to build his tank became the premier midfielder of 2007.

Fingers crossed for myself obviously but Alan Didak is an extremely skilled and talented small forward who has been very successful in short bursts in the midfield (see West Coast final) but after recovering this year from a knee reconstruction, may be able to build his tank to dominate the midfield in 2008

Yeah, Didak is the one for me.
Showed what he could do in the middle during the semi-final against West Coast - and it was awesome.

He'll be motivated to have a massive pre-season to get his endurance up to the right level, and he will kill it.

Gary Ablett jnr was an extremely skilled and talented small forward who after being able to build his tank became the premier midfielder of 2007.

Fingers crossed for myself obviously but Alan Didak is an extremely skilled and talented small forward who has been very successful in short bursts in the midfield (see West Coast final) but after recovering this year from a knee reconstruction, may be able to build his tank to dominate the midfield in 2008
Didak would have polled 5 brownlow votes if that was a H & A game

tore us a new one that night

How old is Didak?

He's going great guns at the moment, got all the skills to be a premier midfielder.

You would expect Mark Murphy to have a good year too

Didak is 24 now, be 25 in 2008.

For his sake and his clubs', he'd want to have a ripper...

It is not like his career is in trouble. Even in third gear he is dmaging - his numbers are impressive for a guy who most considered to have had a down year (21.3 possession, 28 goals).

If he goes up a cog he will shoot straight into the AFL elite.

agreed, he has all the tools of ablett, build his fitness level he could jump to the top teir of midfilders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not like his career is in trouble. Even in third gear he is dmaging - his numbers are impressive for a guy who most considered to have had a down year (21.3 possession, 28 goals).

If he goes up a cog he will shoot straight into the AFL elite.

Yeah, I know...I'm a big Cooney fan.

His 2007 was a disappointment compared to 2006...for some reason; looked at time like his work ethic had dropped-off.

From the hawks I would say Roughead, Williams and either Birchall or Young will do what Campbell Brown did this year.

From other clubs - Adcock, Rosa and D Bradshaw!

Beat me to it.

Turning 22 mid-season and pushing 100 games, I reckon this kid is just about to break out.

He might have a break out season Andrew Walker wise, but he is never going to be a truly elite footballer like Ablett, or like Didak or Cooney could be.

Will never stamp himself on the comp like most of the others being mentioned in this thread.

He might have a break out season Andrew Walker wise, but he is never going to be a truly elite footballer like Ablett, or like Didak or Cooney could be.

Will never stamp himself on the comp like most of the others being mentioned in this thread.

The thing holding him back is his disposal, mid-season he had sorted it out, then after is injury he was worse than ever.

Pagan never focused him on extra skills development, and Ratten has done so, If he can fix his disposal he could be better than any of those mentioned in here.

He is faster, stronger, can jump higher and a better mark. Same mould as Kouta

Priddis, Hurn.......and also Rosa.

Seriously though, Jamie McNamara:thumbsu:

Big J-Mac (or small). I think Rosa will have a good year, and also Hunter. Butler will come back strongly and Kerr, Cox and Glass will dominate the AFL as usual.

My big pick: Quinten Lynch to have a big year (now that judds crappy delivery is gone :p). Also one of Matt Rosa or Andrew Embley will have a gun season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player will stamp themselves on the competition in 08?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back