Opinion Which player would you NOT want to play for Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a story about him as a little kid at school, being painfully shy, getting thinner and thinner.
Allegedly, his mum had wrapped up his lunch in gladwrap and he didn't know how to get it off, couldn't ask anyone out of embarrassment, threw his lunch away daily...
So Petrie is stupid too? ;););)

where's your empathy?
If it was a Geelong player, I'd be very empathetic, because I can relate to the shy kid, who was too scared to ask for help.

But, now that I've begun this 'not liking Petrie', I can't be seen to be softening ;):p:D So I must make horrid comments :D:D:D

What Doctor Gero said ^^^

Could not handle one Poos+Wees player joining Geelong! I despised Garry Ayres when he was at Geelong! Still blame him for GASr leaving! :mad:

Players I'd hate to see in the Hoops
Hayden Ballantyne
The Midget
Both Crouch Brothers
Tex Walker
Ziebell
Brown from Norf
Papley
Trengove
Tom Jonas
Zac Dawson
Westhoff
Dusty Martin
Drew Petrie

Is this limited to players only? Cause, I'd have the biggest melt in history if Ross Lyon came to GFC :mad:

Couldn't agree more about Gary Ayres. He seemed to bring defeat and disaster to every AFL club he went to after he retired as a player - he was there with Sheedy at Essendon as that ship was going down, then he came to Geelong and deserted us in our hour of need, then went to Adelaide and dragged them down the ladder as well.

Couldn't agree more about Gary Ayres. He seemed to bring defeat and disaster to every AFL club he went to after he retired as a player - he was there with Sheedy at Essendon as that ship was going down, then he came to Geelong and deserted us in our hour of need, then went to Adelaide and dragged them down the ladder as well.
Ayres got us to a GF in 95.
His post AFL coaching record suggests he can coach and that he has great relationships with his players.
He may have been a slow learner, but in both cases (Cats/ Crows), he was the successor to the enigmatic Blight.

Great service to Port Melbourne though

There was a story about him as a little kid at school, being painfully shy, getting thinner and thinner.
Allegedly, his mum had wrapped up his lunch in gladwrap and he didn't know how to get it off, couldn't ask anyone out of embarrassment, threw his lunch away daily...
That is complete rubbish..!

( he ate it with the glad wrap on)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't mind seeing a North's apocalyptic blow it all up style of list management. This list can't win finals

Agreed but in trades we lack value. Aside from a few I can't see anyone worth a first rounder, barely any more worth a second.
If we did Scorch earthed the list it'll be a very very long a dark way back.
Not saying we shouldn't either, I'm in purgatory with this ****ing list.

I’d hate it if Shaun Higgins ever played for us.

Soft, slow, overrated. Hasn’t played consistently good football for about 4 years.

Do not want.

😢

It’s more the gameplan. When was the last time a team played “safe” football and won a flag?
Never.
it's both really and I think the list necessitates the game plan. Do you think we'd play slow, controlled football if we had a decent young midfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back