Which Players Were you Surprised Didn't Make It?

Remove this Banner Ad

For me:
Jack Watts (never knew how soft he really was..thanks Port. happy to have Fritsch now!)
Luke Tapscott
James Strauss
Matthew Bate (i actually never rated him, but all of the dees fans did)

From other clubs:
Jesse W Smith; North (Whatever happened to that guy!)
Kane Tenace (Cats)

Angus Litherland.

Had the classic 2010s build of 6'3ish, lean but muscular enough, long arms. Was a good little back pocket who could take a mark and get there for a contest but also seemed to find himself in heaps of space, no one around him, looking up the ground and having a kick. So a good option down there.

I think he must have been on Hawthorn's list for about eight years, did the whole apprenticeship thing at Box Hill so took him three seasons or so to debut. Thought he played well early on and never had a genuinely bad game. But of course played in one of the greatest teams of all time. Think he ended up on like 35 games or something but he was delisted at about 24 and didn't get another offer, always found that odd.

The Hawks had all these guys worth a rookie spot at least – I mean wouldn't you just give them a go under the assumption they never got a chance to find their feet because a champion team was ahead of them? – but they just never kicked on. There's a school of thought that Clarko's best attribute was getting the absolute best out of spuds/average players and usually when it counted but I thought Liquorland was worth a shot at the Eagles or Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which Players Were you Surprised Didn't Make It?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back