Which team In the AFL has the best logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying I disagree, but where do these logos come into it?

StKilda-logo-1980.gif

StKilda-logo-1989.gif

Yeah I remember those variations, the 80's I think, they didn't last long but the actual logo hasn't changed.

I like Collingwoods and St.Kildas, they have history and haven't changed over the years and have not tried to create some contemporary crap.
Geelong's logo from last year back-simple and identifiable as a football club.

Ports and Freos absolutely sucks

Personally I like our coat of arms as a logo.

I don't really like Essendon's one. It should be awesome but that plane looks like something out of a 1980s computer game. Honestly a lot of them could be re-done a lot better.

+1 - I am sure i played that game as well. I think it was called Sea Dragon:D

On topic, i like the Lions and HATE the Crows!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good - Collingwood (even though the flag looks silly), hawthorn, richmond, west coast, bulldogs, Geelong

Bad - St Kilda, Essendon, Sydney, Port, Fremantle, Melbourne, Adelaide

I'm more into the modern, lose the square shape type of logo. Melbourne's is plain boring, saints although good that they've kept it long term is the same, essendon's is modern but looks funny. west coast and hawthorn are good cause they've gone with different shapes and they look slick.

All the rest just look cheesy and dated, though the Collingwood one is (this is hard for me to say) not too bad.
They were great in the days of the VFL and when you used to collect footy stickers to learn all the clubs as a kid.

The VFL ones were great. :thumbsu: :)

Yet they have dated badly.

carltonlogo1980.gif

Teenagers would relate to the laurel wreath..

Except for Collingwood's, St Kilda's and Carlton's, they all look like they've been inspired by America.

The Kangaroo is handballing. :rolleyes: :eek:

Tacky Australian designs.

It's as bad as the Swans jumper having the Opera house on it. :eek:

Sydney should ditch that and wear the jumper they wore against Carlton in away games.
I don't really like Essendon's one. It should be awesome but that plane looks like something out of a 1980s computer game. Honestly a lot of them could be re-done a lot better.
It looks like a squashed bird.

Those old-school 80s logos are awesome.

All should be used again.

My favourite;

Brisbane-logo-1987.gif

This logo reminds me of when they used to have the two teams mascots fight out at the end of the game and the winning teams mascot was the victor. Loved the Blues one. I think he ate the other one???

i really liked the old hawthorn logo, but unfortunately it became synonymous with our unsuccessful period in the late 90s and most of the 00s and was thus scrapped for the current one

2006_AFL_Hawthorn.jpg

of all current the logos i think richmond's is probably the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team In the AFL has the best logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back