Which team In the AFL has the best logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

!BTlLnqQ!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjMEjlLmV-moBKJO+wHDrg~~_1.JPG

I have always like this shield the crows have.
Sorry but this is the only pic of it I could find

besides the eagles one, i like the tigers,hawks, bulldogs and sydney logos.

i also like the old north melbourne logo.

cats one is best. The way theyve designed the blue and white stripes to outline the features is brilliant.

Im suprised by everyone liking the eagles logo. I think its pretty crap and preferred the old school one which was easy to right on the blackboard at school when i was a kid :)

wtf does the Australian flag have to do with the cronulla riots??? there is no problem with the flag on their logo.

There actually was a problem with the original design as it did not comply with flag protocol. They initially had the Australian flag on the right and the black and white thing on the left with both flags flying from central poles, the Aus flag falling to the right and the other going left. However flag protocol states that where 2 flags are flown, the Aus flag must always fly on the left. And the Aus flag cannot be reversed so even though it's on the left, it cannot fall to the left of the pole and become a mirror of itself. Therefore they had to have the flag flying from the wrong side, the right of the flag rather than the left.

http://www.afana.com/netpaper/sep20-04238.html

The Eagles one is too NFL for my liking. The Bulldogs and Port ones are horrendous. The Collingwood one is probably the best(shudder, did I just say that?). IMO the logos were better back in the 80s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Collingwoods and St.Kildas, they have history and haven't changed over the years and have not tried to create some contemporary crap.

Collingwood's logo only goes back to the 90s. The magpie image is older but the rest of it is relatively new.

I think the Power and Lions are both terrible. The Kangaroos is bad, especially the footy, and they could have done so much better.

I can find things I like about all the others

Blasphemy. Old school one knocks the socks off the current day one. I used to get very excited when I found this checklist in my pack of scanlens.

Footscray80s%20logo.png

They "upgraded" that one though: Still the shield design, but just a big ugly, ridiculous looking dogs head. Thank God they jettisoned that for the current one, which is up there with the best in the AFL.

Bulldogs.jpg

I don't like the new Geelong one personally, not sure what was wrong with the GFC shield, or if they were changing it, go to some version of the cat silhouette that they've got on the jumper now. Agree that the last Hawthorn one was a cracker as well. I like Richmond's.

They "upgraded" that one though: Still the shield design, but just a big ugly, ridiculous looking dogs head. Thank God they jettisoned that for the current one, which is up there with the best in the AFL.

Bulldogs.jpg

I don't like the new Geelong one personally, not sure what was wrong with the GFC shield, or if they were changing it, go to some version of the cat silhouette that they've got on the jumper now. Agree that the last Hawthorn one was a cracker as well. I like Richmond's.

That's the one I meant. Urgh.

Mind you, the one prior is pretty shitty too.

is it just me or is the GC just a cop out of the doggies current one

I still think this was the best "cat" logo.

Geelong-logo-1983.gif

The Cat on the Grand Final DVD looks ******ed. At least the premiership poster was in this style.

For comparisons sake..

2007_geel_premdvd_120.jpg

main_2007_afl_weg_premiership_poster_geelong_cats.jpg

I reckon msot are pretty good.

I think Brisbane's has the worst font though, and that Essendon's doesn't capture the tradition or I guess age of its club that well (but is still good).

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team In the AFL has the best logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back