Which team is the hardest in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

GreyIce

Draftee
Sep 4, 2004
Other Teams
West Coast
I've seen plenty of posts about which teams are soft, but was wondering who you guys think is the hardest team in the competition and why? I'm talking team here too, not one or two hard players or thugs =p

Eg. Would be Brisbane during their finals years, that was a tough team imo, though not anywhere near as intimidating these days.

This year:

Geelong

daylight

Melbourne
St Kilda*
Sydney (I don't care what you say, have a look what happens to EVERY team after they play Sydney)
West Coast

the Rest

*when st kilda have a full list... they are soft otherwise

Sydney
Geelong
Brisbane Lions
Carlton
St Kilda
West Coast

Six teams that stand out for me. They appear to be the stongest tackling teams. They always go in hard at the ball. Win plenty of contested footy. Not overally malicious, but are generally honest in their attempts at winning the 50-50 possessions.

rick James said:
This year:

Geelong

daylight

Melbourne
St Kilda*
Sydney (I don't care what you say, have a look what happens to EVERY team after they play Sydney)
West Coast

the Rest

*when st kilda have a full list... they are soft otherwise

I think WEst Coast are soft. NAme the players that are hard at the ball or during a game?

milnedog44 said:
I think WEst Coast are soft. NAme the players that are hard at the ball or during a game?
If you think Stenglein is soft, you have not watched a WCE game this year...

Or an Adelaide game last year for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

milnedog44 said:
You seem to give out hard titles fairly easily.

it's easy to sit back and say your team's soft/sucks ball/can't win. you asked for guys that go in hard at the ball. these blokes do on a regular basis. obviously you disagree and that's fine. west coast are top of the ladder and you don't get there by having a team of receivers.

instead of you're one line come backs how about telling me why you think those players are soft?

WCE are not soft.. wouldn't put them in my top five for hardness but no team that is on top of the ladder after 10 rounds is playing "soft" football..

noodle said:
it's easy to sit back and say your team's soft/sucks ball/can't win. you asked for guys that go in hard at the ball. these blokes do on a regular basis. obviously you disagree and that's fine. west coast are top of the ladder and you don't get there by having a team of receivers.

instead of you're one line come backs how about telling me why you think those players are soft?
In due time.
Thats why I said that you give them away easily, due to the fact we have different oppinions of what is hard.

At the moment, it's either Geelong or Sydney.

And while a Swans fan WOULD say something like that, it's a point of pride for a fan who misses other aspects of the game like, say, scoring, defending, midfield accuracy...

I've seen Bolton and Kirk take hits that would floor other midfielders, and bounce right back up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team is the hardest in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back