Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

One more and I am done fellas.

Get your kicks in now before the Tigers game.
daniel bryan wrestling GIF by WWE

This thread reminds of the Daniel Harris (in this case Radelaide) vs Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) threads of the mid 00’s.

In which case, the results are the same

On the crows rebuild. A lot of people might disagree with this but once they sack their fraud of a coach, add Thilthorpe/Worrell/Curtin, draft Draper and Welsh, they are not as far back as people think.

I also wonder if they will try and trade their 2025 round 1 pick into this draft to get another midfielder.

I know I sound like a broken record, but at HFC we have Hustwaite, Ward and Morrison who can’t crack the league midfield who would walk into the crows. They need to target players like this from other clubs with the promise of first team time.

On the crows rebuild. A lot of people might disagree with this but once they sack their fraud of a coach, add Thilthorpe/Worrell/Curtin, draft Draper and Welsh, they are not as far back as people think.

I also wonder if they will try and trade their 2025 round 1 pick into this draft to get another midfielder.

I know I sound like a broken record, but at HFC we have Hustwaite, Ward and Morrison who can’t crack the league midfield who would walk into the crows. They need to target players like this from other clubs with the promise of first team time.
A key back surely. They just let Joel ****ing Amartey :$:$:$ kick 9 goals.

Dear won't be better than Thilthorpe
Just like Ramsden isn't better than Thilthorpe
Or like Fergus Greene isn't better than Fogarty, Greene isn't even on an AFL list anymore

Lol, Thilthorpe had more contested marks than anyone for Hawthorn in 2023

In what world can you even suggest he will NEVER be better. Totally bizarre comment. Your living in the land of delusion like your flog coach is.

A key back surely. They just let Joel ****ing Amartey :$:$:$ kick 9 goals.
Oh yeah, that too. Who was on him most of the match? I’m willing to give Murray the benefit of the doubt for his first game back. Ben ****ing Ronke did this to us back in the day too.

Also need an aggressive ruckman to set the tone too.

I reckon Sammy has my posts up on the whiteboard.

Given I took your bet and have been defending Hawks players on here for 20+ years (hence the name), none moreso than Sammy Mitchell himself I prefer to believe he has my posts from the same argument on here to save my bacon.

Never in doubt - thanks Sammy and the boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue Day's ceiling Is much higher than Dawson. Day has Bont like presence on a footy field. Can't compare the two though really there at different stages of their career.

Fair enough, I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that, Day has a lot of tools.

I’d have wanted to see more to put him in Bont category though.

Fair enough, I wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that, Day has a lot of tools.

I’d have wanted to see more to put him in Bont category though.
Nah not there yet but he's just about our best player along with Sicily currently. Was a monster today and he touched it 20 times. Has way more impact on a match than stats would suggest.

I'd argue Day's ceiling Is much higher than Dawson. Day has Bont like presence on a footy field. Can't compare the two though really there at different stages of their career.

When Day stepped around Dusty and with the ball under his arm moved it over Dusty's hand to avoid the tackle, then burst away to kick forward it really was new guard replacing old guard.

Hopefully Sam highlights it to the boys.

impressive 22 & under field that's really emerging now

Weddle
Day
Watson
Mcdonald
Mckenzie
Dear
Ambrosio
Newcombe
Ginnivan

Ward
Mitchell
Hustwaite
McCabe
Ramsden

A few of them will start to hit 50 games next season.

A few already have.

Exciting times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back