Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a brilliant performance. I wouldnt argue if someone said top 10 so surely thats top 5 for Crows.

Which 5 for the Crows have been better ?

only Crow performance off the top of my head that I can think of at the moment is Ricciuto's match winning 4 goals against Carlton at a very wet Princes Park in.. 2001?

though just looked it up and he only got the 2 brownlow votes that day so go figure

It as a great game but it wasn’t a top 5 performance of all 3 of these teams let alone the competition.
He had 5 goals 6 clearances 12 score involvements 544 meters gained 22 possesions and 8 tackles. He was the reason they won. I’m not a massive fan or anything but respect where it’s due I think it was a top 5 performance from a player this year.

Obviously there are a lot of variables to it. Knee injury whether it’s the physical condition of his body or the mental side of how confident he is in himself at the moment, or as I pointed out he has put on a lot of weight in a short period of time in the middle of a season. How that affects his performance or athleticism is to be determined but I did notice he looked slower than I remember.

Mitch Lewis is an example, he went into a pre season maybe 2 years ago and gained a bunch of muscle and got to like 105kg+, but it wasn’t a playable weight, he couldn’t move and wasn’t as athletic as he was or needed to be. In the end he had to trim down prior to the season. Especially as he is a big runner and one of his strengths is his endurance and athleticism.
Thilthorpe is a running machine. He did play the deep role last night with Himmelberg playing second ruck and higher up the ground as Walker was rested, but Thilthorpe more often has played that role.

Team selection will be interesting as we want Himmelberg to stay as depth and possibly pushing best 18 once Walker retires, but is also half out the door to the GWS.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He surely owes McKay a beer with how many goals he was gifted.

Was a brilliant performance. I wouldnt argue if someone said top 10 so surely thats top 5 for Crows.

Which 5 for the Crows have been better ?
Certainly Keays' best 4 quarter game he's ever played, one out of the box although his form line has been strong.

Rankine vs GWS and Dawson vs West Coast, Soligo vs Port off the top of my head, but this one was special given he kicked 5 and we won by 2 points.

Edit I assume you mean this year

Last edited:
Thilthorpe is a running machine. He did play the deep role last night with Himmelberg playing second ruck and higher up the ground as Walker was rested, but Thilthorpe more often has played that role.

Team selection will be interesting as we want Himmelberg to stay as depth and possibly pushing best 18 once Walker retires, but is also half out the door to the GWS.

Yep, just an observation!

He had 5 goals 6 clearances 12 score involvements 544 meters gained 22 possesions and 8 tackles. He was the reason they won. I’m not a massive fan or anything but respect where it’s due I think it was a top 5 performance from a player this year.
Dylan Moore did the same thing. Had 27 and 5 against the crows guys lmao

Production v potential & talent

Players will be put into a potential category, S Grade, A Grade, B Grade, C Grade, D Grade and F Grade.

They will then have a grade placed next to them based off of production and proven results/performance.

S - superstar

A - very good

B - good player

C - a good role player

D - depth

F - delist or won’t make it

E - yet to debut

This will be for players 26 and under.

S Grade

Will Day - A

Mitch Lewis - A

Jai Newcombe - A

Josh Weddle - B

Dylan Moore - A

A Grade

Josh Ward - B-

Connor MacDonald - B+

Nick Watson - B-

Cam MacKenzie - B-

Jack Scrimshaw - B+

Lloyd Meek - B+

Denver Grainger-Barras - D

Blake Hardwick - A

Changkuoth Jiath - B-

Calsher Dear - C+

Massimo D’Ambrosio - B+

B Grade

Jack Ginnivan - B+

James Worpel - B+

James Blanck - C+

C Grade

Conor Nash - C+

Ned Reeves - C+

Jai Serong - D

Finn Maginness - C

Bailey MacDonald - F

Seamus Mitchell - D

Max Ramsden - D

Henry Hustwaite - D

D Grade

Sam Butler - F

Harry Morrison - C

E Grade

Jack O’Sullivan - E

Clay Tucker - E

Joshua Bennetts - E

Bodie Ryan - E

Jasper Scaife - E

Will McCabe - E

F Grade

Cooper Stephens - F

Hey mate, quick one, but you might need to update to add Macdonald, Watson and Ginni to the potential superstar list.

Correct me if I am wrong but feel Thilthorpe has gotten too big, looks slow and should cut down a little to get his athleticism back.

I think this is something to come back to at the end of the year. Keeps up a 2 goal a game average and good peripheral stats, and it's likely the size he's put on is the right move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate, quick one, but you might need to update to add Macdonald, Watson and Ginni to the potential superstar list.
Was being quite I guess pessimistic or reserved about rating players as an S tier outside of long runs of form or showing that talent for extended periods. From a talent standpoint this may be a few games to a few months. It’s subjective.

Watson definitely, MacDonald is an A still but could be and I think the same for Ginnivan, they aren’t there yet and I wanna see some more production to get a better gauge on talent.

So that’s a good thing isn’t it?

Hawks have been getting heaps of credit as they should.
Of course it’s brilliant how the Hawks 25 and younger are travelling. 15/16 similar number to North and they have played a big role in the sides improvement/performance/wins since round 5 …….. Hawks a team for the future like North I guess 👍

Correct me if I am wrong but feel Thilthorpe has gotten too big, looks slow and should cut down a little to get his athleticism back.
It's his match fitness that's the problem. He has been out for nearly the whole season.
Clubs are meticulous about measuring abilities. He would be doing sprint tests on the regular, and if the extra bulk was slowing him down it would be identified and his gym time altered.

Looks like he could become the star that everyone wanted Dixon to become for years there.

Even looks like him now.
RT has insane agility for his size. Watch him play and you will see him scoop up the ball at full speed and lace out a handball to someone coming through. His ability to crumb the ball and kick a freak goal, is small forward like.
If he doesn't get hampered by injuries, he will be the most dominant forward in the game.

Coaches votes for the week

Hawthorn v Collingwood​

8 Jack Ginnivan (HAW)
8 Connor MacDonald (HAW)
5 James Sicily (HAW)
4 Conor Nash (HAW)
3 Dylan Moore (HAW)
1 Jarman Impey (HAW)
1 Massimo D'Ambrosio (HAW)

5 of the 7 are 25yo and younger. The younger brigade at the Hawks are becoming more consistent and starting to have a big impact on games. I can see a lot of similarities to the 2000’s and when the majority of the side hit that 50-100 games together the Hawks will be a lot closer to the finished product☝️

Who would have thought it.

A thread that started as a troll for fans of all involved could end happily, as all three showcase their kids and end the season well.

Bring It In The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back