Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He has similar, if not worse statistical output to a cooked Jaeger O'Meara in 2022 playing as a HFF/rotating mid who we unceremoniously pushed out at the end of the season.

I think he would be best 22 for most sides but around that 18th-23rd man for any team that is seriously contending. Similar to JOM now for Freo or Taylor Adams for Sydney.

Unfortunately for Jy I think the concussions have shaved years off his career.

Definitely shouldn't be a name thrown up with Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel who should be marquee players of the comp (the latter two especially).

So pretty much exactly as I said.

Sydney have Florent and McInerney.

Collingwood had Lipinski and 32 year old Sidebottom.

Geelong had Menegola, Parfitt and Atkins.

None of these guys are or were world beaters in contendering or premiership sides. All sides need them.

Connor Nash is an example at Hawthorn.

if Simpkin assumes the role of Shiels long term, I don't see that as a negative.

None of these guys are or were world beaters in contendering or premiership sides. All sides need them.

if Simpkin assumes the role of Shiels long term, I don't see that as a negative.

Hardly names that I would be placing in the limelight next to Sheezel, Wardlaw and LDU (development and injury permitting will be stars of the comp). Just a good ordinary player.

Simpkin is easily OK as a rotational mid even in a top 4 side.
He has similar, if not worse statistical output to a cooked Jaeger O'Meara in 2022 playing as a HFF/rotating mid who we unceremoniously pushed out at the end of the season.

I think he would be best 22 for most sides but around that 18th-23rd man for any team that is seriously contending. Similar to JOM now for Freo or Taylor Adams for Sydney.

Unfortunately for Jy I think the concussions have shaved years off his career.

Definitely shouldn't be a name thrown up with Wardlaw, LDU and Sheezel who should be marquee players of the comp (the latter two especially).
What he said, he’s solid but wouldn’t be in a rotation at a lot of clubs but would be a decent rotational piece who can do a job.

Difference is a lot of these guys do a bucket load of work defensively. Nash especially.

I’m talking overall. Not just pressure and tackling, but body and defensive positioning to help the more attacking and better players to strive. Nash does this well as he is a big boy at nearly 200cm and 95kg. In the sense of Lipinski and others they are strong defensive runners to help defensively and transition wise.

I mean Nash has double the tackles of any of the listed players (bar Lipinski).

That's not very neglible.

Anyway, no point discussing Nash and Simpkin. Just some good ordinary players.

The only thing North have up their sleeve is 4 out of the 5 first rounders last year are not playing. Oh and Brayden George but who knows if he will recover from his ACL. Highly touted but .......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks are at the stage now where every win from here is pretty much just a bonus.
Play out the season and make finals and the majority of us will be ecstatic, lose a couple games and miss finals and we’re still gonna be pretty over the moon at what we managed to do this year despite a few hurdles and on boarding some new players.

North are probably a few steps behind particularly if you look at the wins column, but as it stands, there’s probably not many north supporters that aren’t happy with the improvement over the season that they’ve seen. A win or 3 late in the year and it successful year.

Reckon they might give the Cats a fright.

I don't rate any of Norths talls.
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

North are probably a few steps behind particularly if you look at the wins column, but as it stands, there’s probably not many north supporters that aren’t happy with the improvement over the season that they’ve seen. A win or 3 late in the year and it successful year.
Definitely happy with the improvement since the bye, it really needs to start turning into wins quickly though.
I don’t think I can handle another 2-4 win season, it’s exhausting.

Think you are being harsh on SYL, he’s just an optimistic fan, every club has them, every club needs them. From what I’ve seen, they have never said anything that is beyond possibility, certainly glass half full though.

For the most part, the way syl talks about hawthorn is not what I take issue with.

For the most part, the way syl talks about hawthorn is not what I take issue with.
You take issue with me being right about your lists desperate need for highly talented mids?

Or that I said you were too reliant on Tex, Dawson and Laird heading into this year?

In both instances, I have been proven correct.

You take issue with me being right about your lists desperate need for highly talented mids?

Or that I said you were too reliant on Tex, Dawson and Laird heading into this year?

In both instances, I have been proven correct.

No I take issue with your constant arrogance despite not knowing what you’re talking. It’s obvious that you rarely watch Adelaide play.

You have strong opinions on Adelaide but have no thoughts on the way we play, and you consistently failed to recognise game style changes from last year that lead to worse results.

If what you claimed was true , the team wouldn’t have improved after more young players in to the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back