FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

i noticed watching shows on NETFLIX from all over the world . once they decide the show will go into extra seasons they all get FILL Episodes so they can get more money for Season 2. 3 etc.

I am lstely only scanning to watch LIMITED Series of only one season . tell the story. get to the punchline , then move on

Yep, sometimes it's quantity over >

Lots of US shows have lots of EPs > more filler EPs..
There’s a difference between traditional US shows that had up to 24 episodes a season and the new approach of limited seasons. You might get 24 different episodes with only a small overarching storyline but I wouldn’t call them fill because they are self contained stories. Limited seasons that drag a single story out too much can have plenty of fill.

A few series I've watched recently

Slow Horses
First season fantastic (8/10)
then gets progressively worse by the third (6/10) needs to go back to its root, Gary Oldman carries the show across all season.

Tokyo Vice
Fantastic, only two seasons but a complete story, alot of episodes had me on the edge of my seat .
8.5/10

Warrior
Just started watching, enjoying it so far, it feels like a blend of Banshee/Peaky Blinders
7.5/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Help me out here. Is the Walking Dead worth watching? I’ve heard so many mixed reviews, mostly saying it drops away so massively it’s not worth the investment.

Only saw the pilot like 10 years ago and enjoyed it, but never kept going. Any thoughts?

Help me out here. Is the Walking Dead worth watching? I’ve heard so many mixed reviews, mostly saying it drops away so massively it’s not worth the investment.

Only saw the pilot like 10 years ago and enjoyed it, but never kept going. Any thoughts?
First couple seasons are great. Then it’s basically the first and last episodes of the season are the only ones worth watching. Always left of a cliffhanger. I think I stopped after season 5 or 6.

I watched it until half way through season 8 i think, then stopped watching, probably started losing interest around mid season 6

I got through about 4 seasons. The first couple are good but then it becomes very samey with not much happening that they haven't shown multiple times before. Some enjoy the whole show and others like myself gave up.

I'm always jealous of people saying they are watching The Wire or Band of Brothers for the first time.
I’m watching The Wire for the first time ever.

Cannot believe it’s taken me this long to get around to it.

Up to season 5, a few episodes in.

Haven’t watched Band of Brothers but it’s on the list.

Band of Brothers is phenomenal. Only watched that for the first time this year.

Still got to get to The Wire.

Band of Brothers is phenomenal. Only watched that for the first time this year.

Still got to get to The Wire.

I finally got around to 'The Wire' last year. Phenomenal.

Freakily, I just finished Band of Brothers last week - as a 1st time watcher! Again, phenomenal. 1 tip VG; I don't think it should be binge watched. It's just too gruelling & (for want of a better word) bleak.

Freakily, I just finished Band of Brothers last week - as a 1st time watcher! Again, phenomenal. 1 tip VG; I don't think it should be binge watched. It's just too gruelling & (for want of a better word) bleak.

Give it a re-watch at some stage. Now that you know the characters more it will hit harder but I also think there are moments that you don't appreciate on first viewing.

One that stands out to me is Webster's return in episode 8. He is there as a background character up to episode 5 when he gets wounded but you don't really notice him until you know him. The fact that he gets very little screen time before he gets wounded takes away a lot of the impact I think they were striving for by having him be the central character of episode 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back