FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished The Americans (again).

I have to watch the Americans again, been a few years since my last watch, one of my favourite shows
Just finished another rewatch myself.

Can never get over how good the finale is. Just perfect in every way.

up to S01E05

Seems a bit slow so far.
200.gif

Just finished another rewatch myself.

Can never get over how good the finale is. Just perfect in every way.

If you like spy stuff, listen to the podcast, Mother, Neighbour, Russian Spy, about couple Russian illegals placed in New York

I didn't mind it. Cancelled almost immediately though.

Feel like there's no quality sitcoms anymore, which is a shame.
Itā€™s good itā€™s only 13 eps Cryerā€™s character ainā€™t no Alan Harper. Another one 7 are showing late at night is Lopez vs Lopez itā€™s just as dire.

Finished season 1 Power of the Rings

As a casual fantasy watcher I kinda skipped past the trilogy when it came out whenever. I did watch Lord of the Rings 20 years ago but only remember the opening scene and the barrels in water

So this was an unknown to me.

I enjoyed it. I thought the pacing was fine and the story was helped along

I wasnt a fan of Galadriel. Over the knee would have settled a few behavioural issues and some of the language as scripted and read was a little flowery but all in all a good re-introduction to the story - season 2 starts Friday?

It may even prompt me into watching the trilogy again

It may even prompt me into watching the trilogy again

Do it. Make sure it is the extended editions, though. The theatrical versions of the films are pointless.

Next up - I was going to do it by the end of September, but I shall start my yearly re-watch of 24 by Friday night (might even do it tomorrow night if I can get myself organised).

Season 1 finished as of 15 minutes ago, flew through the episodes........ should have finished it last night (so within 4 days) but I got lazy and only did a few episodes.... leaving the final 3 for tonight. After a quick burst of 5 episodes on night 1, I did the brunt of the damage across Friday and Saturday. Would like to get season 2 done by the end of Sunday night, but we shall see (only aiming to do 3 episodes a night on weeknights).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started binging Boston Legal. I watched it when it first aired but don't recall any of the cases much. Typical David Kelley formula with a good blend of comedy, sex and drama. Spader, Shatner, Bergen, White etc. Love the chemistry between them all.

Brilliant show and vastly underrated. Spader and Shatner have amazing chemistry.

Started binging Boston Legal. I watched it when it first aired but don't recall any of the cases much. Typical David Kelley formula with a good blend of comedy, sex and drama. Spader, Shatner, Bergen, White etc. Love the chemistry between them all.
James Spader can get it.
Where are you watching this? I watched it years ago when it was first out, would love to rewatch.

Monsieur Spade. A six part mini-series where the famous detective Sam Spade is now 60 and living in the south of France in 1963.

I watched the first episode. It jumps around timelines and introduces a few characters, which was ok. I didn't like the casting of Clive Owen. Surely you have to base it on Bogart in the Maltese Falcon? Owen's American accent was a mess, and he has no charisma compared to Bogey. Josh Brolin would have killed it. The reviews say the show goes downhill so I think I will bin it.

I need something new. Haven't started latest season of House of Dragon and Presumed Innocent looks up my alley.

Presumed Innocent is worth watching. There's excellent performances by Jake Gyllenhaal, Ruth Negga, Bill Camp and O-T Fagbenle. The plot is good especially towards the end when they get into the court case. It should have been 5 or 6 episodes rather than 8. I started hitting FF through the flashbacks, Jake swimming, Jake on a treadmill and boring family sequences. But they really stick the ending.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back