FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I tried but A Very Royal Scandal just didn't do it for me.
Maybe it was the subject matter, maybe it was the screwed up family.
I continued on only for Ruth Wilson but even she couldn't get it over the line.
I enjoyed it. I've had a massive political crush on Emily Maitlis forever and her being part of the production really helped her character shine through. And Michael Sheen is great at whatever role he plays.

It was infinitely better than Scoop on Netflix which covered the same topic.

Episode 1 of season 3 of From aired last night.

I know it wont be for everyone but I genuinely love it so was very pumped up and didn't disappoint. In my opinion it is one of the most atmospheric evil shows I have watched.

Just wondering, when was the last good drama / comedy series made by one of the big 3 commercials? Anything good seems to come out of ABC, SBS or streaming.
I'm struggling to think of one, let alone the last one.

Just wondering, when was the last good drama / comedy series made by one of the big 3 commercials? Anything good seems to come out of ABC, SBS or streaming.
I haven’t seen it (the promos were offputting at the time), but as far as returning series I suspect Doctor Doctor might’ve been the most recent viable drama/comedy option on the networks. Last couple years indeed looks grim, they’ve long given up.

Last edited:

E Street (not joking either, that was awesome)

Some streaming service needs to pick it up again..

Comedy? Decades ago, if ever. Some of the three have good sketch comedy, think Comedy Company and the like, but I can't recall a good one that was a series.

Drama? The last really great one I remember was Puberty Blues about ten years back on Channel 10. The Secrets She Keeps - first series only, the second was pretty dire - from 2020 was ok, also on 10.

The first few series of Packed to the Rafters went all right. Inevitably, they kept going long past its use by date and drove it into the ground.

Underbelly maybe? The first series was incredible, after that it got a bit patchy. The one in Sydney in the 20s was probably the pick of the bunch, or the one about Nicola Gobbo. That last one was quite recent.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back