FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm struggling with Bad Monkey. It started off well but so many of the characters are just silly and one dimensional, it's hard to put up with them. I think it's 10 episodes. Maybe it should've been 8. Hopefully it picks up in the final couple.
What's he's face Vince plays the same character in everything he in just a different name.

Colin Hay Doco.

Can't help to feel a bit sad he wasn't bigger or men at work could of been bigger , longer career.

Being in scubs helped him.

Young feller says to Hay I like your songs overkill my fav.
Old feller goes do you know who that is ..

Yeah he's in scrubs....oh my ...🤣.

Last edited:
They did get big very fast .👍.

Hay and Speiser had a falling out aswell.

They scored two no.1s in the States with these songs.

Overkill got to no.3 there and It's a Mistake got to no.6, no other Aussie band had that sort of success in the States in the 80s.

INXS are the only Aussie band that could rival them for 80s States success, they scored a couple of no.2 and no.3 hits, no no.1s.

Tno other Aussie band had that sort of success in the States in the 80s.

INXS are the only Aussie band that could rival them for 80s States success, they scored a couple of no.2 and no.3 hits, no no.1s.
Air Supply say hello

Air Supply say hello

They had just one no.1 hit in the States in the 80s with this song.

Men at Work had more success there in the 80s and they didn't just write love songs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had a succession of hits worldwide, including eight top-five hits on the US Billboard Hot 100, "Lost in Love" (1979), "All Out of Love", "Every Woman in the World" (both 1980), "The One That You Love", "Here I Am" (both 1981), "Sweet Dreams", "Even the Nights Are Better" (both 1982) and "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" (1983).

They were one of those bands that were a lot bigger in the States than they were here, they were huge in the US soft rock scene.

LRB had some success in the US soft rock scene back then too, Aussie soft rock seemed to go better there than Aussie hard rock.

Bands like Cold Chisel and Hunters and Collectors didn't have much success there, ACDC were an exception but they were unique.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back