FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just bought the entire Benny Hill boxset on DVD. Was visiting my elderly mum last night and she really enjoyed a couple of episodes.

Boy oh Boy the shenanigans on that show definitely wouldn't fly today but tell you what, it's definitely more hilarious and entertaining than most of the post Woke/Cancel Culture produced tV comedies (say post 2020 and beyond) made today.

The skit where Benny Hill was painted up as yellow face portraying Chairman Mao is no doubt racist and definitely offensive by modern standards, yet it had me literally crying tears with laughter.

I am sorry but I really love distasteful/politically incorrect comedies, especially those from a vintage/bygone era.

On a Jack Whitehall binge atm after watching latest series, i am rewatching earlier series.
Going to see him and his dad in February in Brisbane

I saw him probably 5 or so years ago and he was brilliant.

Just bought the entire Benny Hill boxset on DVD. Was visiting my elderly mum last night and she really enjoyed a couple of episodes.

Boy oh Boy the shenanigans on that show definitely wouldn't fly today but tell you what, it's definitely more hilarious and entertaining than most of the post Woke/Cancel Culture produced tV comedies (say post 2020 and beyond) made today.

The skit where Benny Hill was painted up as yellow face portraying Chairman Mao is no doubt racist and definitely offensive by modern standards, yet it had me literally crying tears with laughter.

I am sorry but I really love distasteful/politically incorrect comedies, especially those from a vintage/bygone era.
The show I would love to see now is Till Death Us Do Part.

Arguably the most offensive program ever made...but funny as hell.

recently

Presumed Innocent was decent (as someone who doesn’t rate the Pakula film and found this a significant improvement). Def ATV+ rec.

The Perfect Couple on NF was fine, maybe takes an ep or so to get on board with it but found it amusing and preferred it to a lot of that recent 2022 wave of whodunits. Solid weekend family binge.

Sherwood S1 was excellent. As much as I enjoy modern Aussie drama, I felt a distinct absence of something like Sherwood still tackling post-industrial festering picket line resentments in a mining town plus a dash of Robin Hood folklore and Thatcherite subterfuge. Prestige name cast with all the reliable trusted thespians. Keen for S2 now, and will explore more James Graham work after this.

Marvelous Mrs Maisel

Through S3 and still no dip which is quite incredible. The Shy Baldwin season was fun and refreshing, some more fresh settings like Vegas, Florida, the Apollo, Rose’s brief Oklahoma visit, staying with Moishe & Shirley (Eee-than!!! Bye Bye Birdy, the goat, 4:30am, etc.), the whole Miss Julie plotline (Jane Lynch is a joy in this), Joel’s new club, Jason Alexander’s beach kiosk playwright and with less Gaslight I felt it was brilliant how they have Jackie moving into Susie’s place given she is often on the road.

For S4 hopefully a little more actual Midge comedy content and development (now free from opening) and Susie is probably overdue a love interest. They really need to get past this endless 1960 as well, noticed a few goofs. Moving into the pandemic era now and approaching the final season so I’m intrigued how long it can maintain this quality standard.
On Maisel I think they do a great job with adapting and maintaining the quality so I’ll be curious to see how you see it. Keep on posting

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back