Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

We also did this trade because we wanted to use a second rounder. Why exactly I don't know (we took Malcolm Karpany who did nothing), but in bringing in pick 31 we traded pick 28 for Elliot Yeo. So 2013 was a good year.

Answered your own question.

Brisbane wanted a second rounder for Yeo, so we did the first deal with Collingwood to generate another second rounder. We also wanted Sheed, and knew he would be there at 11 so did have to get him that high at 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo and GWS you'd expect to go up the ladder next year, the two best teams outside of the 8, Geelong I'd hope drops out, teams like West Coast, Collingwood and Brisbane have a fair few years left in finals I reckon.

Yes those recruits served you well .
Great effort by Steven getting a go as emergency , Dalhous was he there , Nank destroyed Stanley , Henderson rolled by reiwoldt , Rohan is a dud of the highest order and Dangerfield , well fk me he’s been worth the coin eh ?

Geelong = Richmond’s finals bunnies .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Great effort by Steven getting a go as emergency , Dalhous was he there , Nank destroyed Stanley , Henderson rolled by reiwoldt , Rohan is a dud of the highest order and Dangerfield , well fk me he’s been worth the coin eh ?

Instead of basking in the glory of victory you resort to vitriol. Is it any wonder Tigers supporters are despised? I should say, some Tigers supporters

Considering you used those recruits to say they wouldn't make the 8 this year, pretty sure you are still very wrong and should just be happy with your victory rather than trying to win cheap internet arguments where you were clearly the bigger flog and wrong?

rent free

Considering you used those recruits to say they wouldn't make the 8 this year, pretty sure you are still very wrong and should just be happy with your victory rather than trying to win cheap internet arguments where you were clearly the bigger flog and wrong?
Richmond supporters are a most ungracious lot, probably because they are complete bogans.

Bulldogs and Collingwood drop out. Bulldogs because they don't have a spine (positionally) and have a sh!t coach.
Collingwood because Pendles is getting on, and they still don't have a functional forward set up.

Fremantle should snag 7th-8th next year. And GWS should sneak back in too.

Eagles have felt on the verge of the cliff for a few years now, but Hurn and JJK are our only dinosaurs, and we can manage without Hurn going forward. JJK is still a get-out-of-jail card for us in tight short-supply contests. We have a lot of stars drafted in 2008-10, but can expect maybe 2 more worthwhile years from them collectively. We are pretty vanilla the younger you go down our list though, and can't be too far off Sydney right now (who have far better youth than we have).

Geelong are probably at the cliff edge right now. Veterans aside (Ablett, Selwood, Hawkins, Danger, Taylor, Henderson), more importantly an armada of decaders behind that now in the vicinity of 30 (Blicavs, Duncan, Stanley, Menegola, Dahlhaus, Rohan, Guthrie, etc.). When Chris Scott eventually goes, these guys will mostly be cleaned out with him.

Ok, I think I’m as set as I can be pre trade period now.

Out: Dogs, Pies
In: Blues, Dockers

Giants in for Eagles would be my third choice, Giants could easily bounce back and the cliff doesn’t seem to be too far away for the Eagles, depending on how their youngsters develop.

Also wouldn’t be shocked if the Suns made a massive leap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back