Which young four would you prefer?

Which four?

• Gregson, Cockatoo, Kolodjashnij and Lang

• Zach Merrett, Laverde, Daniher, Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not a particularly impressive list if you're including 23 year olds like Langford
Who finished the year in the VFL, where O'Rourke spent most of the year, despite being in his 3rd year at AFL level. Howe would need to be the next Gazza Snr for his claim to be correct I reckon!

Who finished the year in the VFL, where O'Rourke spent most of the year, despite being in his 3rd year at AFL level. Howe would need to be the next Gazza Snr for his claim to be correct I reckon!

You need to take into account the players they would be replacing to get into the AFL. It's a pretty strong midfield at Hawthorn. Langford also had injuries throughout this season.

You need to take into account the players they would be replacing to get into the AFL. It's a pretty strong midfield at Hawthorn.
I'm aware of that, but I reckon if you put the Essendon 4 into Hawthorn's system they would still be better than the 4 you named.

At 20yo Shane Savage was having 33 possession 4 goal, 25 possession 3 goal and 26 possession 2 goal games for Hawthorn, yet most who don't follow St Kilda reckon he's just average, so I think you need to take into account how much better some of these young ones look when they're in a team as strong as Hawthorn's is, where they aren't the ones doing the heavy lifting.

At 20yo Shane Savage was having 33 possession 4 goal, 25 possession 3 goal and 26 possession 2 goal games for Hawthorn.

They're only a few individual games, his best form has probably been either in his last season at Hawthorn or his most recent season for St.Kilda.

I think you need to take into account how much better some of these young ones look when they're in a team as strong as Hawthorn's is, where they aren't the ones doing the heavy lifting.

There's nothing to take into account, younger players can be just as likely to get more of the ball in a poorer team due to doing the heavy lifting as they are in a better side when they don't have that responsibility.

They're only a few individual games, his best form has probably been either in his last season at Hawthorn or his most recent season for St.Kilda.

There's nothing to take into account, younger players can be just as likely to get more of the ball in a poorer team due to doing the heavy lifting as they are in a better side when they don't have that responsibility.

Sometimes the young players at very good clubs can also just be not particularly special. O'Rourke didn't exactly tear it up at GWS. Those 4 are ok, but there is plenty better

harris andrews, josh schache, liam dawson, nick robertson, lewy taylor, rhys matheison, eric hipwood, ben keays, jonathan freeman. pick any 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're talking about 4 from the last two drafts then I'm quite happy to throw 4 of McCartin, Billings, Goddard, Lonie, Acres, Dunstan and now Freeman into the mix, with HM's to Sinclair and McKenzie.

That is true, except for the part about it being false.

I'd happily take Essendon's ahead of those 4, for starters.

Well we're not talking about 4 from the last two drafts actually. I thought that the poll made that clear. Jesus Christ, not everything is about St Kilda. Every single post I see of yours is "blah blah Jack Lonie Freeman blah blah Acres" give it a ****ing rest.

harris andrews, josh schache, liam dawson, nick robertson, lewy taylor, rhys matheison, eric hipwood, ben keays, jonathan freeman. pick any 4.

Assuming you are old enough to vote (which could be a bit of a stretch) do you write your own names down on the ballot as well?

You know, because you don't want to choose form the ones that are going for the seat?

Assuming you are old enough to vote (which could be a bit of a stretch) do you write your own names down on the ballot as well?

You know, because you don't want to choose form the ones that are going for the seat?
to your 3 questions. yes just scrape into voting age requirements. occasionally, depends what issue i am voting on and who the candidates are, i sometimes don't conform to societies norms or fit into the boxes it provides, though i am a bit of a rebel:). i find that most of the time the candidates are very similar even though they assure us they are not ie. we are fed the illusion of choice.

I would prefer Hartung, Howe, Burton and O'Rourke above both those 4.

Fun Fact: We have used trades to get each one of these players by either directly trading for them or trading for the draft pick to get them

to your 3 questions. yes just scrape into voting age requirements. occasionally, depends what issue i am voting on and who the candidates are, i sometimes don't conform to societies norms or fit into the boxes it provides, though i am a bit of a rebel:). i find that most of the time the candidates are very similar even though they assure us they are not ie. we are fed the illusion of choice.

Wooosh!

Fun Fact: We have used trades to get each one of these players by either directly trading for them or trading for the draft pick to get them

They aren't from the same drafts which is the point of the thread, nor have they shown as much, they are completely irrelevant. Shit, Burton hasn't even done anything yet, you're simply rating him because he was drafted by the team you support.

They aren't from the same drafts which is the point of the thread, nor have they shown as much, they are completely irrelevant. Shit, Burton hasn't even done anything yet, you're simply rating him because he was drafted by the team you support.
The Essendon quartet aren't from the same draft either. Massive fail from you. Completely irrelevant post from you.

Daniher is better than all 4 combined.

LOL. He might of shown more than each individual but he isn't even better than 2 combined. I know I wouldn't give up 2 of them for Daniher.
Good, because I wouldn't give up Daniher for all 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which young four would you prefer?

Back