WHITE SHORTS FOR OUR HOME GAMES

Remove this Banner Ad

fuego

Senior List
May 17, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This may have been covered before, but thought it needed to be brought up, as I am getting sick of seeing our team wearing white shorts at our home games. I was at the North v Bulldogs game and asked the North official why we were wearing white shorts while the dogs had their blue shorts on, he said it was a AFL rule where the team with the most white in the jumper has to wear the white shorts regardless of whether it is that teams home game.

Based on that rule we might as well get rid of our blue shorts because our team and the pies have the largest percentage of white in our jumpers. Now it's obvious that the rules don't apply to everyone the pies had their black shorts on last Friday night and so they should it was thier home game, but if the AFL rule was applied last Friday night the pies would be wearing the white shorts and the blues would have been wearing their navy shorts, as the pies have more white in their jumper.

I don't know why we had to have this rule created in the first place but if the AFL are going to enforce this rule we won't get to see the blue shorts much in the future unless we bring back our 1925 Heritage jumper which is all blue aside from the white V strip around the collar as a home jumper. This would have clubs like the Dogs, Dockers, Saints and Cats having to wear the white shorts while playing us at our home games instead of us wearing the white shorts. We could still wear our inverted jumper as the away jumper which I reckon looks great just as I think the 1925 jumper looks great, or we could just go back to wearing our blue home shorts at our home games.

I have spoken to the AFL about this rule and are awaiting to Hear back from them with clarification on this rule I had spoken to North officials on Saturday at Hobart, but got the same answer that it's the AFL rule.

I don't know if any one else feels strong about this issue, but I really think we need to get this changed back, as thier is nothing worse aside from losing, than seeing the club that you love wearing white shorts at their home game while the away team gets to wear thier home gear, which is what we will see on Friday Night when we play the Blues.

Its not wearing the white shorts that bugs us all, its that its only enforced strictly at our games.
Collingwood is an exemption to the rule and that is where we all get pissed off.
Either have a rule for all teams or dont.

(We wore white shorts against Carlton in 99 as the high ranked team)

Its not wearing the white shorts that bugs us all, its that its only enforced strictly at our games.
Collingwood is an exemption to the rule and that is where we all get pissed off.
Either have a rule for all teams or dont.

(We wore white shorts against Carlton in 99 as the high ranked team)

That's why we need to make a stand everyone needs to ring the A F L and ask the question, we need to make some noise that's why the pies get things thier own way the stand up for their club and don't get walked over by the A F L like or hate Eddie at least he stands up for his club.

It's more because we're probably the only large sporting league to not enforce a proper home/away jumper policy.

Who the **** cares? Its just ****ing shorts.

Worry about performance, not what we wear. Couldn't care less if we wore tutus on the field if we performed.

We definitely look better with blue shorts on. And I agree, it's annoying. I'd still like to know who makes the decision and if a club has any say in it.

Sorry for bumping into another team's thread, but I don't think the rule itself is ridiculous, BUT the double standards of it is. Collingwood should've worn their white shorts against Carlton and Sydney should've worn their white shorts against us. The rule is fine but should be enforced properly.

Also your team only needs a clash jumper against Collingwood and Geelong.

Sorry for bumping into another team's thread, but I don't think the rule itself is ridiculous, BUT the double standards of it is. Collingwood should've worn their white shorts against Carlton and Sydney should've worn their white shorts against us. The rule is fine but should be enforced properly.

Also your team only needs a clash jumper against Collingwood and Geelong.

Agreed and I think that is the main point of contention. If that is the rule then so be it. But why does this rule not apply to all teams (specifically Collingwood) and why is the rule enfoced inconsistently.

I actually like us in white shorts, however it's a principle things that says we shoiuld be wearing blue for home games.

Who the **** cares? Its just ******* shorts.

Worry about performance, not what we wear. Couldn't care less if we wore tutus on the field if we performed.

Ease up mate if you don't care don't bother responding, but don't be the one who complains when collingwood get to wear what they want because they do care. It's attitudes like yours that allows our club to be pushed around.

Ease up mate if you don't care don't bother responding, but don't be the one who complains when collingwood get to wear what they want because they do care. It's attitudes like yours that allows our club to be pushed around.
Sorry thought it was a discussion forum. I don't complain, as I said they can wear what ever they are told, as long as we preform.

Everyone who says that it doesn't REALLY matter is right. I prefer wearing the royal blue shorts so I guess I don't like the rule. The inconsistency of it all make it a joke however. How come the Swans never wear white shorts in away games with their traditional jumper?
At least we get to wear a jumper that is predominately white or blue. I couldn't stand it if I was a Hawthorn fan seeing my team in a white jumper or Melbourne in white or Carlton in sky blue or Essendon in grey - especially if there is no clash (What was Hawthorn doing in that white jumper against Carlton???) I think that's what made our Argentina jumper so unpopular. Sky blue is not our colour!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its really no surprise the rule is not enforced properly, this is the same organisation that allows the "goal review" system - farce is a good word.

I agree with the sentiment, more blue the better for mine....but then if other affected teams were forced to adhere by the same "policy" (if in fact one exists) I would be more prepared to accept it. At the moment, its just a lottery who plays in what.

Collingwood wear white shorts for some home games as well.

Recently we've done it against the Bulldogs and even Adelaide in a MCG final.

If you are referrng to your game against the Dogs this year in rd 6, it was their home game.

Collingwood are yet to wear their away strip in a home game, despite the new rules.

Finals are irrelevant. There are no "home" sides as such.

At least we get to wear a jumper that is predominately white or blue. I couldn't stand it if I was a Hawthorn fan seeing my team in a white jumper or Melbourne in white or Carlton in sky blue or Essendon in grey - especially if there is no clash (What was Hawthorn doing in that white jumper against Carlton???) I think that's what made our Argentina jumper so unpopular. Sky blue is not our colour!

Totally agree with this. Our colours are blue and white and every week we get to wear either blue or white shorts! Much better than some other teams

Today's game was a good spectacle. What do you guys think if white shorts and blue and white hooped socks became part of your permanent home kit?

Personally I'd love our predominantly blue strip to be our home strip. What we wore today is pretty much our permanent home strip anyway and it doesn't bother me, but a few of the traditionalists would be opposed. TBH, as long as we're winning, and wearing royal blu and white vertical stripes, I'm happy

Personally I'd love our predominantly blue strip to be our home strip. What we wore today is pretty much our permanent home strip anyway and it doesn't bother me, but a few of the traditionalists would be opposed. TBH, as long as we're winning, and wearing royal blu and white vertical stripes, I'm happy

Yeah i tend to agree, with the current white short policy we appear too white for my liking. White with a splash of blue, its stupid really we have clash jumpers in the AFL, teams should wear what they like. Mostly blue home games and mostly white away would work if its really needed. Problem is with the current policy of white shorts we'll likely always be wearing them no matter which jumper we wear.

On being mostly blue - i walked in the house the other day and Olympic soccer was on, a team in BLUE and white was playing. Their kit looked awesome, i had to stop and watch some.

Honduras

512x.jpg

628x471.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

WHITE SHORTS FOR OUR HOME GAMES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back