Who are our All Australians?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it mightve been 2013 when Hawthorn won and also only had one AA and their B+F in Josh Gibson didn't get a spot. Nor did our B+F Nat Fyfe. Sometimes they can get it so wrong.

ETA: just checked now and only Jarryd Roughead and Michael Johnson from both grand final teams made the team. Weird.

Does happen. Was some time ago, but in 1991, the Hawks premiership team didn't have a single player listed in the the AA.

Yes. He hasn't lost all year. More contested marks than any other ruckman. Fremantle ranked number 1 in the centre clearances. But the Melbourne media in love with Goldstein. Sandilands is ridiculously underrated by most. Should be number 1 in a canter. Won't be.
Yeah for rucks being the best isn't criteria for All Australian. You need to be flashy & a downhill skier.

Our players who made the top 40 squad :

Nathan Fyfe
Stephen Hill
David Mundy
Garrick Ibboston
Lachie Neale

Expect Fyfe to make it, Mundy on the bench

Just posted in the other AA thread, but yeah Sandi is stiff. Expect Fyfe to make the squad, Mundy on the bench

Unfortunately I don't think Ibbo is a chance, there are too many big name defenders from Victorian clubs for them to pick. Fyfe and Mundy should make it, Neale is about a 50% chance and Hill about a 33% chance. They won't name more than 3 Freo mids.

Interesting they only named 1 ruckman in the entire squad of 40. Would have been nice for them to acknowledge that Sandi had a good season, even if he didn't make the final 22.

Unfortunately I don't think Ibbo is a chance, there are too many big name defenders from Victorian clubs for them to pick. Fyfe and Mundy should make it, Neale is about a 50% chance and Hill about a 33% chance. They won't name more than 3 Freo mids.

Interesting they only named 1 ruckman in the entire squad of 40. Would have been nice for them to acknowledge that Sandi had a good season, even if he didn't make the final 22.
Pretty sure Naitanui is a ruckman.

Good to see Hill get recognised, Sandi incredibly stiff.

Naitanui and Goldstein were named

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can someone put up mcpharlins stats vs the other AA keybacks (don't know how to do), I thought he has been really underrated

Sandi had an absolute dominant season even flogging those who actually did named so for the selectors to not name him shouldn't be a surprise.

Are you serious - no Sandilands
The Vic media don't rate him especially after what Matthews siad last year. "Doesn't do enough around the ground and take enough contesed marks". Yet he took more contested marks tnan any other ruckman, 16 more than Goldstein who wasn't in top 20 in the league.

I'll give you a tip why we got 5 mids named, or should that be a tap!

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are our All Australians?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back